New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What OFFICE SUITE software do you use?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • MS Office

13 68.42%
  • OpenOffice

9 47.37%
  • Lotus Smartsuite

0 0%
  • StarOffice

1 5.26%
  • WordPerfect Office

0 0%
  • Others

3 15.79%
  • I still prefer using a manual typewriter

1 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Ah... v1 series. Yup.

We started to implement it to the office computers when v2 came out.

Heh. Some of our PC's still have 1.1.4 installed and being used. :shocked2:

I guess it's enough to serve normal word processing and seldom spreadsheet use (read: "I'm too lazy to update them" or "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.").

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    At work MS Office 2003
    At home MS Office XP for two laptops and 1 desktop
    Open Office sa Netbook
    and also been using Google Docs if that counts as an Office Suite
    Last edited by Camgen6; September 18th, 2009 at 01:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We're covered at home though my work or through my wife's work. So we use MS Office.

But, if we had to pay full prices out of our own pockets, we'd be using Open Office full time.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am actually surprised that there isn't more users of OpenOffice...
    Actually not surprising.

Several times we promoted Open Office over Ms Office for cost savings. Even way back in 1999 we tried the free with PCs Lotus Smartsuite. In all instances users were unloading Open Office and Smartsuite in favor of Ms Office 2000 to 2007.

They gave the same reason. They want to work with their PCs not struggle with it. Sayang malaki sana natipid namin sa Open Office. Kaso malaki ma waste namin kaka pilit adopt.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    Actually not surprising.

Several times we promoted Open Office over Ms Office for cost savings. Even way back in 1999 we tried the free with PCs Lotus Smartsuite. In all instances users were unloading Open Office and Smartsuite in favor of Ms Office 2000 to 2007.

They gave the same reason. They want to work with their PCs not struggle with it. Sayang malaki sana natipid namin sa Open Office. Kaso malaki ma waste namin kaka pilit adopt.
    But the commands and use of OpenOffice (at least for the spreadsheet and word processor) is pretty close to what you can find on versions of MS Office.

I would think the difference is all in the mind.

When we started implementing OO, we had some complaints that its difficult to use, etc... but asking them to give it a chance, today they see no difference between MS and OO.

Why pay P12K to P20++K just to type on a word processor when you can download one that is free and works just as well?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Open Office still has some quirks. But, those come into play only during the conversion process.

One time, I noticed I can open our work schedule (which was done in Excel 2003) just fine in Open Office. But, when I saved it back to the Excel 2003 compatible format and opened the saved file in Excel, some of the formulas would not work.

Little things, mostly. For home use where interchangeability isn't a big concern, Open Office is great.

Oh. I also have MS Works that came with my Toshiba laptop. But, I removed it early on and replaced it with Open Office.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    OpenOffice and iWork at home;
    MS Office at work.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Transitioned to Open Office early this year. At the start a lot of our employyes were complaining that its hard to use. But we stuck with it and after a few weeks, nobody is complaining anymore.

Like GH said, its mostly in the mind. Resistance to change is another reason. But hey its free and legal. Good enough reasons for me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I noticed that OpenOffice v3.1 loads a lot faster than the older v2.2 ...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    desktop - ms office 2007
    netbook - open office

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What is your OFFICE SUITE software?