New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I never had a prepaid, ever since naka post paid ako, ano ba talaga reasons at maraming naka prepaid?

I mean yun prepaid, binabayran mo muna yun tawag mo, paano kung naubusan ng load in the middle of nowhere..patay ka na...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I never had a prepaid, ever since naka post paid ako, ano ba talaga reasons at maraming naka prepaid?

I mean yun prepaid, binabayran mo muna yun tawag mo, paano kung naubusan ng load in the middle of nowhere..patay ka na...
    With certain providers, it's very cheap. (prepaid)

Example SUN 24/7 txt load = unlimited sun-to-sun txting for 1 month for P150 only. Plus a set number of minutes of voice call.

Post paid's advantage is the "package". This usually includes a set number of txt per month, set number of minutes voice call per month, international roaming capability, internet data connectivity, etc.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's cheaper in every angle because you only use for what you pay for just like gassing up your car before you can use it. there is hassle and disadvantage.... if you neglect loading up.

yun nga lang baka cheap rin ang tingin sa 'yo ng iba my wife has a free 5K peso monthly load from smart on her service unit and i have a smart money naman so loading up on my pre paid sim is just a text away. 300, 500, 1000 and others

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Prepaids also have a problem.

Lost sim-card means you need a new number.

And there is the "vanishing" load problem.

And the load also has an expiration of a few days to number of weeks.

-------------

Post-paid, you can have a new sim-card made with your old number if the original number is lost or the original sim card became defective.

You can just keep on using your phone as long as you pay your phone bill regularly and at your convenience. No need to load and load every few days.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Prepaid - siguro for text messaging most of the times and occasional phone calls.- your personal requirements.... tipid... But I heard that when there's congestion in the network, postpaid gets the priority..... When I used to have this, and I would run out of load in the middle of nowhere, I would just text an officemate who will then text me back the activation code. I will just pay the person next office day....

8000:borg1:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Prepaids also have a problem.

Lost sim-card means you need a new number.

And there is the "vanishing" load problem.

And the load also has an expiration of a few days to number of weeks.

-------------

Post-paid, you can have a new sim-card made with your old number if the original number is lost or the original sim card became defective.

You can just keep on using your phone as long as you pay your phone bill regularly and at your convenience. No need to load and load every few days.
    for lost sim, you have an option to retain your no. by presenting proof of ownership like (sim casing or PUK slip or SMART Money Card) and affidavit of loss plus a valid ID.

"vanishing load" depends on your sense of responsibility

expiration of load within a few days only applies on those barya-barya load unlike 300, 500, 1000 which last for 60 days or 2 months

what are really the advantage of Prepaid from postpaid?