New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Seems there are thumbs up for the Nokia e series. Which of these have the best screens. Checked and the experia appears to be on the same format as the Ns in look or slide keyboard. Any feedback on OS?
    the xperia's os is a windows mobile. i really do not know the performance of the new releases of this OS, but it is like you are using an MS based machine. my experiences in MS-based smartphones are really not good.....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    the xperia's os is a windows mobile. i really do not know the performance of the new releases of this OS, but it is like you are using an MS based machine. my experiences in MS-based smartphones are really not good.....
    That is why there are reports that the N's linux based OS may be better. Any first-hand experience here?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i would suggest the Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS.

i'm currently using an iPhone 3G and it still works like new even though it's already a year old. no "hang" issues found on most smart phones. internet browsing speed is top notch. it also has the capability to store/push your emails.

you may also want to consider the new Sony Ericsson Satio. never tried using one but it looks promising. i think it's much much better than the Xperia.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    i would suggest the Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS.

i'm currently using an iPhone 3G and it still works like new even though it's already a year old. no "hang" issues found on most smart phones. internet browsing speed is top notch. it also has the capability to store/push your emails.

you may also want to consider the new Sony Ericsson Satio. never tried using one but it looks promising. i think it's much much better than the Xperia.
    But if I have to check a site with Flash would an iPhone be able to view it? My job is based online and sometimes I have to monitor sites with Flash components or made up entirely of Flash.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    do you need to type stuff? my pet peeve against touchscreens is the keypad.

me 3g/wifi ba ung N97? Quite a few of my officemates seem to have bought them. Personally i'm impressed with the build and QWERTY keypad; ewan ko lang sa performance niya.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    do you need to type stuff? my pet peeve against touchscreens is the keypad.

me 3g/wifi ba ung N97? Quite a few of my officemates seem to have bought them. Personally i'm impressed with the build and QWERTY keypad; ewan ko lang sa performance niya.
    I think it should have 3g/wifi capability. Also, can you do me a favor and ask your officemates how they are with the N97? I suppose it will hang once in a while. Am not sure I would even bother with the n900 for now since it may start at a high price.

Anyone know if the following have flash support - SE Satio, Samsung Omnias?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yup, confirmed at gsmarena.com that both n97 and n97 mini does 3g and wifi. way beyond my personal budget though :p

i was quite satisfied with my old E51: 12k+, me wifi and 3g na(not tri-bang 3g though)...browsing wasn't that convenient 'coz of the screen size though.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    If budget is an issue, why not a Nokia E63? Retails for less than 10k, with wi-fi capabilities, and full keypad.
    <10k na siya? hmm...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i'll go for nokia e71 or e72

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The Samsung Corby pro(forgot the actual model #) seems interesting; qwerty keypad, 3g, wifi. Mga 12-13k ata according to the samsung showroom

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Samsung's Corby, Jet or even Omnia II phones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
What phone would you currently recommend for web browsing