New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have an Asus R18Nu with a TomatoUSB firmware. It is already 2 years old and lately the wifi function has some problems as my devices could no longer have internet connection, though it is connected to the router. LAN devices have internet connections. I tried to connect my devices to the PLDT wifi and its fine. So the wifi function of the Asus router has issues. What and how could I know that the wifi function is already dead or could still be repaired?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Put the old asus firmware back and check if it wifi works.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I-reset mo then i-setup ulit. Gagana ulit yan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Yun router ko sa bahay tends to get flaky when it runs hot. Try mo raw i-reposition or aim a fan at it.

kapag hindi makuha sa re-flash, then you really don't have any other option.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Seems like it is overheating as one poster said. experienced it myself with a D-Link router, nadidisconnect ako sa wireless. Ninuksan ko lang yung top part ng case to let air pass through the board, no problems na

Might scavenge or buy a USB laptop cooler para mag MacGyver ng fans to aid in cooling

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am considering the suggestion to place a laptop cooler. Pero yung router ko kasi is 24/7 operation and if i place a laptop cooler na 24/7 din hindi kaya dangerous to fire hazard kung ganon ang gawin ko?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir, first of all, confirm nyo muna kung nag OK yung router mo pag naka cool down na.

Then try nyo po ilipat ng pwesto na me daanan ng hangin, or at least hindi kulob.

Allergic ako sa pagpapatakbo ng fan 24x7. Kahit industrial pa e pwede pa ring mag overheat and magkasunog

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    nangyayari din sa akin yon. na didisconect ako sa wifi. i try ko yong overheat angle. nag try ako elevate konti yong router from table para lumaki space ng air vents under the router and the table. will observe kung ano mangyari.