New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Two other locations I've flown over before in my lifetime I decided to try in FSX. The first was Turkey. If there's a black eye in FSX, it's Turkey. Everything was way off. I won't bother posting a pic.

But one place FSX got right beautifully is northern Japan. I flew back and forth from Tokyo to Sapporo twice last year. So Mutsu Bay and Lake Towada are still familiar sights. Except for everything a bit smallish, FSX got those features just about perfect:

Add: I also need to adjust the clouds. Those clouds below are almost 10,000 feet up. Typically, such clouds are much closer together at that flight level. The picture shows what they would look like at 3,000 ft. Flight level of the JASDF F1 jet fighter is 40,000 ft.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 21st, 2008 at 03:03 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Someone was kind enough to make a PAF Blue Diamonds skin for the F86. The model was made for Flight Simulator 2004. But aside from minor issues with some gauges, it works in FSX.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 21st, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    wow i can't believe someone is playing FSX here, ako may acceleration ako hehe hirap naman talaga maghover ng helicopter...any tips?

i have played ace combat too, sa ps2 lang nga...ang ganda!! hindi ko pa tapos hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miaerr View Post
    wow i can't believe someone is playing FSX here, ako may acceleration ako hehe hirap naman talaga maghover ng helicopter...any tips?
    I haven't tried any choppers yet. I should. There's plenty in my version of FSX which is the Deluxe version.

I wasn't playing with it too much because it was such a resource hog. It didn't occur to me to check for patches (SP1 and SP2) all throughout last year. I just checked and applied the patches last week which improved framerates all around and my daily used spiked up. I'm so happy to see FSX much more playable. That's why I've been a picture-whore lately.

I thought about going online and playing the part of "Metro". It's nowhere as stressful as an ATC. But, it can still get quite busy if it's anything like real-world:

"Metro, Two-Five Heavy, over"
    "Roger, Two-Five" Current conditions at Lindbergh, Lindbergh Field, Time 1-2-0-0 zulu, Winds 1-2-0 at 1-5, visibility unrestricted, Sky condition 1-0 thousand scattered, ceiling 2-5 thousand broken, Altimeter 2 niner niner 5".....
    He He

Play like you work I always say.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 21st, 2008 at 07:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a stack of aircraft/warbird prints I've collected ever since I started working. They're anywhere from $40-$80 depending on the artist.

Looking at FSX, I can't wait for Combat Flight Simulator 4 which will most likely be based on the FSX engine.

Based on the quality of the aircraft models, they'll soon be approaching print quality, if not already:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What a wonderful sight to behold...... Both cpu cores are being utilized aggressively. One core is maxed out while the other fluctuates at the top end as the scenery changes. I guess MS was telling the truth. With SP1, one core ran the game engine while the other core dealt with the autogen scenery.

In any case, I'm quite happy my computer is being taxed to the max. It gives me an excuse to upgrade.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Seems like there's some very talented Japanese flight-simmers out there. They made the fine JASDF Mitsubishi F-1 add-on I posted earlier and now this, a JASDF Mitsubishi F-2 (based off the F-16) which is another jewel.

My hat's off to them for producing such fine add-ons for FSX.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    si sir jun nangiinggit ..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i've just tried an online gaming called Requiem Bloodymare. www.playrequiem.com

check it out. =)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    cant wait for DIABLO III!

What are the good PC games you've played?