New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nakainstall sa PC ko mostly racing games..

GTR-2 - racing sims
    Live for Speed - racing sims
    Test Drive UNLIMTED - ganda graphics.. collect ka koche n mga exotics, muscles, classics ..bsta pg car at driving trip m.. ito n yun!
    Colin McRae DIRT - both arcade and sim like..stunning graphics. physics ok lahat kaso lakas ng brakes..
    Project Torque (online racing name ko dun gamble-bee) - ganda graphics at physics. sarap kalabanin mga UK boys at iba pang mga racing addicts sa buong mundo.

Mga nalaro ko na:
    C & C Tiberium Wars
    Need For Speed
    Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2
    NFS Most Wanted
    NFS Carbon
    NFS ProStreet
    Colin McRae 2005
    Counter Strike 1.6
    GTA
    Devil May Cry III
    Transformers (sawa agad)
    Toca Racing Driver

limot ko na iba at hindi na worth mentioning ksi luma na

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've bought only 2 pc games over the past year: Flight Simulator X and Command & Conquer 3. Still, I find Space Cadet Pinball very entertaining up to now.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 11th, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Before, I used to play NFS carbon sa PC and NDS.

Currently, I'm addicted to Phoenix Dynasty Online, a free massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG). Pampalipas oras. hehehe

It can run with a dial-up net access, much better if you have a good DSL internet connection.

Warning lang. Hindi sya maganda for kids, kasi very open ang site sa ngayon like may murahan or awayan sa World chat.

Btw, you need to download first the client software (700MB+) from http://pdo.enjoymmo.com/index.html

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Here are some things I found out trying to run games with the ATI Mobility X1200....... again, an Intel X3100 should do better

Using FRAPS to non-scientifically gauge framerate.....
    24 fps would be fluid for any game. But, 15fps or better I consider playable for an RTS.

C&C: Generals - 800x600, medium detail, I get a consistent 15-20 fps
    Revisiting this.........

Out of curiosity, I installed XP Home in place of Vista Home Premium on my Toshiba laptop. Although there are officially no XP drivers for my laptop, some XP drivers from different Toshiba models worked as well as some of the Vista drivers on the restore dvd. There were only a couple of drivers which I had to do a thorough search for.

Anyway, I retested C&C: Generals.

Using FRAPS, at 800x600, Generals can be at high detail with a consistent 17-25 fps. At 1024x768 medium detail, I get a consistent 17-22 fps. Both are better than when tested in Vista.

The tests were at the menu screen with US forces spread out in a compound fending off GLA attacks. Actual game fps were higher.

Some quick assumptions...... XP's still better for gaming when the video is subpar.

The video in my laptop is an ATI X1200. The Intel X3100 should be much better.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One of my (hopefully not the last) flight sim greats. Pacific Fighters. It's not quite Microprose's belated 1942: Pacific Air War. But it's close. It runs quite well on my laptop with all details maxed out.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pacific Fighters is one of the games (actually, the only one) in my collection which won't install in Vista. Homeworld 2 runs in Vista, but laggy. Putting XP in place of Vista seems to have made Homeworld 2 run much smoother. I have a soft spot for Homeworld 2. So, it looks like I'll leave XP in the laptop for a while. Both Far Cry and Battlefield 2 still make too many compromises to run smoothly in my laptop. So, No Go for those two. Command & Conquer 3 seems to run better in Vista than XP. But, that's not saying much. Rome: Total War also runs smoother although still at medium detail. I also heard Half Life 2 runs fine on the X1200. I never got to play the game since my nephew took it with him before I can install it. It's $18 now at the bargain bin. So, I'll buy it again. C&C: Generals runs fine at 1024x768 so long as 3d shadows are off but other parameters are set to high. I also have a soft spot for DCX/BF1942 even though it's one of my oldest games. It's butter smooth under XP. As soon as I can find the cd, I'll reinstall Dungeon Keeper 2 which already played very smoothly in my older laptop.

None of the games are cutting edge. In fact, Dungeon Keeper 2 dates back from 1999. But, they're still enjoyable, nevertheless. So now, I have enough time wasters while on the road.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 26th, 2008 at 11:04 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    MS Flight Simulator X. I guess if there's an excuse for upgrading my video card, this is one.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mich like in real life...... The terrain in the Philippines looks much more interesting than here.......

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2 DVD was $15 at the bargains bin. So, I bought it. Strange the original wasn't there. I'll have to buy the original game later. Orange Box was $30. It seems to run ok on the laptop in windowed mode under XP with High details.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 31st, 2008 at 06:34 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just installed the latest (v8.5) Catalyst drivers for the X1200 of the laptop. It seems to be much improved because Command & Conquer: Generals is now very playable at 1024 x 768 and max detail (Win XP). Even at the last level with plenty of units, the framerate remains 20-31 fps most of the time.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 1st, 2008 at 07:58 AM.

What are the good PC games you've played?