New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 666 of 678 FirstFirst ... 566616656662663664665666667668669670676 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,600
    #6651
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    7:56 The guy has been on the waiting list for a Daytona since 1996


    I saw this video too. He probably did ask to be on the wait list but it's very likely that he never followed up. Living in Manhattan, the AD will probably not prioritize him anyway considering there are far more affluent customers that can skip the line. He is also known to be a reseller, the kind of customer that the likes of Rolex, AP, and Patek frown upon these days.


    Btw, on watch forums and on the fb marketplace you will see tons of posts from scalpers who use their relationship with the local AD to buy and the re-sell at a premium online ("unworn" daw tapos date of sale one month ago lang ). I understand that they're hustling but Rolex, AP, and Patek need to do a better job at giving clear policies to the AD's that new customers should be prioritized.

    Brand growth will never move forward if you cater to the same list of customers over and over again.

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,906
    #6652
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Waitlist since 1996? I think its bs.

    Like the 2023 daytona panda, with the thinner rings, some people are hating on it. So waitlist not that long and alot of people are feeling it out pa.

    So if one wants a daytona, now is the time to reserve one.
    Do you think the Ordinary man with no previous Rolex transaction in the AD can get a Rolex Sports Watch via the waitlist? Para kang nanalo ng Lotto if you do. hehe
    How long na kaya yung previous waitlist for a Daytona or other rolex Sports watch? Wouldn't they be prioritized first?
    I know of 2 people who are watch aficionados/fanatics who put their names in the waitlist for a Rolex Sports Watch since 2019 and 2021 yung isa. According to them they have been following it up every month sometimes daw every week with the AD since the waitlist and up to now wala pa rin. These 2 already has several Rolex in their collection but have never bought one in an AD. All were bought from International or local resellers, mayrun din yata yung isa given by the parents.

  3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,091
    #6653
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I saw this video too. He probably did ask to be on the wait list but it's very likely that he never followed up. Living in Manhattan, the AD will probably not prioritize him anyway considering there are far more affluent customers that can skip the line. He is also known to be a reseller, the kind of customer that the likes of Rolex, AP, and Patek frown upon these days.


    Btw, on watch forums and on the fb marketplace you will see tons of posts from scalpers who use their relationship with the local AD to buy and the re-sell at a premium online ("unworn" daw tapos date of sale one month ago lang ). I understand that they're hustling but Rolex, AP, and Patek need to do a better job at giving clear policies to the AD's that new customers should be prioritized.

    Brand growth will never move forward if you cater to the same list of customers over and over again.
    buyer A will go in and buy one rolex.
    a few weeks later, in comes buyer B, who buys one watch.
    and so on, with buyers C, D, E...

    buyer F is a scalper. he comes in and buys all five roleii in one swipe.

    who's the AD gonna prefer to deal with?

    rolex has to beef up its sales laws...

    replica watches,
    my favorite story is this tourist who purchased a rolex in hongkong.
    coming home, he had this strange feeling, and brought the rolex to the local AD that morning.
    it is rumored, that the HK store was closed down by lunchtime.
    OT.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 27th, 2023 at 12:03 AM.

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,905
    #6654
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    buyer A will go in and buy one rolex.
    a few weeks later, in comes buyer B, who buys one watch.
    and so on, with buyers C, D, E...

    buyer F is a scalper. he comes in and buys all five roleii in one swipe.

    who's the AD gonna prefer to deal with?

    rolex has to beef up its sales laws...

    replica watches,
    my favorite story is this tourist who purchased a rolex in hongkong.
    coming home, he had this strange feeling, and brought the rolex to the local AD that morning.
    it is rumored, that the HK store was closed down by lunchtime.
    OT.
    Haha one story I heard (or more of an urban legend siguro) is that upon immigration, the officer asked the traveler if the Rolex he was wearing is true. He jokingly said it was fake (but was actually original). Officer requested to see it, then to the traveler’s horror, the officer got a hammer & smashed it hehe.

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,091
    #6655
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Haha one story I heard (or more of an urban legend siguro) is that upon immigration, the officer asked the traveler if the Rolex he was wearing is true. He jokingly said it was fake (but was actually original). Officer requested to see it, then to the traveler’s horror, the officer got a hammer & smashed it hehe.
    i was very tempted to ask my relative, who was in thailand a couple of weeks ago, to get me a replica explorer from asiatique.
    but i thought the better of it, because of possible scenarios at the local immigration ...

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,091
    #6656
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Do you think the Ordinary man with no previous Rolex transaction in the AD can get a Rolex Sports Watch via the waitlist? Para kang nanalo ng Lotto if you do. hehe
    How long na kaya yung previous waitlist for a Daytona or other rolex Sports watch? Wouldn't they be prioritized first?
    I know of 2 people who are watch aficionados/fanatics who put their names in the waitlist for a Rolex Sports Watch since 2019 and 2021 yung isa. According to them they have been following it up every month sometimes daw every week with the AD since the waitlist and up to now wala pa rin. These 2 already has several Rolex in their collection but have never bought one in an AD. All were bought from International or local resellers, mayrun din yata yung isa given by the parents.
    the rolex AD (authorized dealer) policy on who gets to be blessed with a new rolex, even the most basic model, "is fraught with the so-called official but non-verifiable rules from persons blest with insider information"...
    my name is in the waitlist for the black bay 58 in two stores for almost 2 years now, even as the newer BB54 has already come out to further whet our appetites.
    so i hied over to grand seiko, and purchased a base quartz model. after 1.5 years, i still have not re-adjusted the time! i have this thing for accuracy, and it would appear, the GS quartz spiel for 8 seconds a year accuracy appears to ring with truth.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,600
    #6657
    This exclusive release isn't from my batch but posting this anyway to help spread the word.




    This has a display caseback and the letters AMDG on the dial which stands for Ad majórem Dei glóriam which means "For the greater glory of God." It doesn't have the school name or the school mascot or whatever else in it (which I like).

    There is a premium over the retail version of this watch but you do get an exclusive and it is for a good cause.

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,091
    #6658
    some time ago,
    a school chose a Grand $eiko as their commemoration watch.

    in my alma mater,
    a seiko sea urchin was chosen.
    good-enough choice for me.

    if one knew the price of the un-adorned model...
    one would agree,
    malaki nga tubo.
    but hey!
    Last edited by dr. d; May 11th, 2023 at 12:29 AM.

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,905
    #6659
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some time ago,
    a school chose a Grand $eiko as their commemoration watch.

    in my alma mater,
    a seiko sea urchin was chosen.
    good-enough choice for me.

    if one knew the price of the un-adorned model...
    one would agree,
    malaki nga tubo.
    but hey!
    A few years back was our batch’s silver anniversary. Each section was encouraged to raise P1m each to fund the homecoming & to give back to the school thru scholarship. I was in charge for the batch watch which was also a Seiko. I think I posted it here din before. We were able to sell around 250 units & were able to reach that target. Noticed that it was the easiest to raise among the other fund raisings. So medyo malaki nga ang tubo hehe.

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,091
    #6660
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    A few years back was our batch’s silver anniversary. Each section was encouraged to raise P1m each to fund the homecoming & to give back to the school thru scholarship. I was in charge for the batch watch which was also a Seiko. I think I posted it here din before. We were able to sell around 250 units & were able to reach that target. Noticed that it was the easiest to raise among the other fund raisings. So medyo malaki nga ang tubo hehe.
    "donate for a cause!"
    "and instead of a papel na resibo na titiklupin lang at itatago sa pitaka, you receive a nice watch adorned in our official livery, even!"
    in the several watch commemorations that i have experienced, "na-ubusan" was a universal complaint.

    and yes!
    it's very profitable.
    a 4 thousand peso kita per watch x 250 buyers = 1 million pesos easy profit ..

    and because covid has taught us the value of the internet,
    effective advertising is easy and practically free!

    of course, one has to have a good pulse of the target population first...
    dapat ay financially capable.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 11th, 2023 at 09:55 AM.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]