New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 658 of 678 FirstFirst ... 558608648654655656657658659660661662668 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Were you able to check out his shop? Just came from there awhile back. Mang Andy was there. Was regulating one of my watches and i accidentally hit the hairspring. Hindi ko na kaya if need magremove ng parts. So I left it and had another serviced para one trip lang. Of course lunch at Aida's Chicken.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    would anyone know, where else one may bring one's timepiece for regulating?
    the ones in the mall are so convenient, but ... who knows what they really do with the piece...?
    i mean, i am willing to pay good money, but in exchange i expect good, quality work.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 18th, 2022 at 11:55 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    would anyone know, where else one may bring one's timepiece for regulating?
    the ones in the mall are so convenient, but ... who knows what they really do with the piece...?
    i mean, i am willing to pay good money, but in exchange i expect good, quality work.
    I'm old school so i still go to the "originals". For Swiss, it's Mang Andy of Makati Cinema. He's personally there Wednesdays and Saturdays 2pm onward. Otherwise it's the son in the shop. For Japanese, it's Mang Loy or Guadalupe. Last i heard though is he does his work at home in Pasig as the shop is closed. For quartz, i usually go to the watch repair shop near the entrance to the grocery in Shangri-La mall.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Or doc you may want to get a timegrapher yourself so you could diy. It's just regulating you're gonna do. Just be careful not to hit the hairspring

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Or doc you may want to get a timegrapher yourself so you could diy. It's just regulating you're gonna do. Just be careful not to hit the hairspring

hehehe.
    but i'll have to get meself a watch opener tool.
    hmmm....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    hehehe.
    hmmm....
    The opener is easy. The closer, if it's a snap on back, is a bit tricky at times. I'm glad if the watch I'm gonna play around with has a screw on back, but for the snap on ones I had to buy that contraption that looks like a seal press for it.

Sent from my SM-P615 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i can see it now,
    "dr. d... whatever you do, don't sneeze!"
    heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    hehehe.
    hmmm....
    Aside from saving a lot on change battery costs, the main reason I bought myself watch tools was when this old guy at a watch store destroyed my watch doing a simple battery change. Lately, I stumbled upon these tools at Lazada and they are even cheaper now.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm old school so i still go to the "originals". For Swiss, it's Mang Andy of Makati Cinema. He's personally there Wednesdays and Saturdays 2pm onward. Otherwise it's the son in the shop. For Japanese, it's Mang Loy or Guadalupe. Last i heard though is he does his work at home in Pasig as the shop is closed. For quartz, i usually go to the watch repair shop near the entrance to the grocery in Shangri-La mall.
    My 45-year-old Rado which I inherited from my grandfather stopped working again. I rarely use it and I don't have a winder to store it in but usually when I give it a few twirls before putting it on it comes alive. We had it cleaned at Rado Cubao a few years ago for exactly the same issue and it looks like it's back. Will Mang Andy be able fix it?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    My 45-year-old Rado which I inherited from my grandfather stopped working again. I rarely use it and I don't have a winder to store it in but usually when I give it a few twirls before putting it on it comes alive. We had it cleaned at Rado Cubao a few years ago for exactly the same issue and it looks like it's back. Will Mang Andy be able fix it?
    Your best bet is to ask directly to get a more precise response. Here's his number. 09207175039.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Got one! Merry Christmas to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]