New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 657 of 678 FirstFirst ... 557607647653654655656657658659660661667 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    Doc, look at the history of this King of Chronographs[?] Zenith El Primero. To me of all among brands, the tri-colour dial [mostly white] is astonishing with its vintage look and modern design.

The Zenith El Primero is one of my grail watches along with the Breitling Navitimer and Omega Speedmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I broke my daughter's Omega watch trying to replace the battery [emoji24]

I already managed to replace it twice, but everytime I forgot how to do it and would just watch the video in YouTube. This time I couldn't find that video anymore and I tried to force it pop out and the gold strap holding it snapped!

Worse is while I was trying to figure out how to put it back, it flew and I can't find it anymore.

Anyone here know if this is still fixable by a watch repair shop? Not by Omega ha, that's very expensive.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post

I already managed to replace it twice, but everytime I forgot how to do it and would just watch the video in YouTube. This time I couldn't find that video anymore and I tried to force it pop out and the gold strap holding it snapped!

Worse is while I was trying to figure out how to put it back, it flew and I can't find it anymore.

Anyone here know if this is still fixable by a watch repair shop? Not by Omega ha, that's very expensive.
    Try bringing it to Mang Andy at Makati Cinema Square. He's the go to guy for Swiss watches. Most likely it's his son who's there now since Mang Andy stays at home near Mayon most of the time. His shop is still there though.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Try bringing it to Mang Andy at Makati Cinema Square. He's the go to guy for Swiss watches. Most likely it's his son who's there now since Mang Andy stays at home near Mayon most of the time. His shop is still there though.

Thanks, tagal na nitong si Mang Andy of MCS ah, I read about him at a watch forum I searched when this same watch stopped when I had the battery changed, na damage siguro nung matanda. But because malayo ako sa MCS, I found a repair shop at Festival Alabang who replaced the mechanism for 6.5k. But the guy who fixed this is no longer there as they claim he's already too old and has shaky hands.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Thanks, tagal na nitong si Mang Andy of MCS ah, I read about him at a watch forum I searched when this same watch stopped when I had the battery changed, na damage siguro nung matanda. But because malayo ako sa MCS, I found a repair shop at Festival Alabang who replaced the mechanism for 6.5k. But the guy who fixed this is no longer there as they claim he's already too old and has shaky hands.
    It may be worth the trip to MCS if only to eat at Aida's after having the watch repaired. Or if you wanna go all the way to Mayon to Mang Andy's home, malapit na ang Jonas for the original pares

Sent from my SM-P615 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Haha, thanks for the tip! [emoji28]

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    might i pry, what that omega model is, po?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    might i pry, what that omega model is, po?
    Constellation doc

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Haha, thanks for the tip! [emoji28]
    Were you able to check out his shop? Just came from there awhile back. Mang Andy was there. Was regulating one of my watches and i accidentally hit the hairspring. Hindi ko na kaya if need magremove ng parts. So I left it and had another serviced para one trip lang. Of course lunch at Aida's Chicken.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Constellation doc
    i do not know how different the various iterations are, but the ones in youtube seem straightforward, naman.
    of course, that is how it usually is: "things are not always as easy as they appear to be..."

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]