New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 630 of 678 FirstFirst ... 530580620626627628629630631632633634640 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    I have same watch also bought 2016. Black sya with blue bezel. I should have bought that color scheme, halata sa blue bezel yung gasgas sa gilid.
    con suelo de bobo,

these tool watches... when they get scratched... they seem to gain more character...

the zaratsus,
    when they get scratched...
    a stab in the heart!
    heh heh.

after a month of daily wear of the newly-acquired GS,
    i put it inside the drawer, to be used only on special, slong-leaved ("insulated") occasions,
    lest it get marked.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 4th, 2022 at 01:20 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hinlog View Post
    Willing daw ba ako to buy seiko gmt at 23500, haist..anlaki ng tongpats

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    They were only 17k+ when it was first released a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    honga.
    19++ lang sa AD.
    you have to ask the sales persons.
    for some strange reason, some might not display the item, but they do have them under the counter.
    pinakita at inalok sakin yung hidden gmt, probably because i was balking at the 53++ sbp143.
    oo doc. they have some of those watches sa likod/vault nakatago.
    When i was on the wait list for one of the recently hard to get seiko, none was in display tapos pumunta lang si ate la likod ng shop to get the unit. They do reserve it for a limited time.
    kaya suggest if you are really looking for a specific watch na out of stock, ask them to be included in the waiting list. they did reply naman after a few weeks once may stocks na.

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    this one i got very cheap.. 2K lang yata dati.. worked for 10 yrs.. tapos nag stop na.. ang mahal nang capacitor pag papalitan..

is the capacitor and the battery for the G-shock the same?
    i still have my old G-shock tough solar and its still working without any problems thou i havnt had it services since i bought it.
    Do you know where they service the G-shocks?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    this one i got very cheap.. 2K lang yata dati.. worked for 10 yrs.. tapos nag stop na.. ang mahal nang capacitor pag papalitan..

My son's watch also stopped working. Capacitor pala at hindi battery papalitan? Hindi ko pa napapacheck eh.

i got this gshock steel 2016 yata.. with metal band.. then after 3 yrs.. changed to rubber black band..

I have the same watch, black rubber nga lang original band nung sa akin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Do you know where they service the G-shocks?
    not in the stores. not even for simple battery replacement (those models with battery to replace, that is).
    they are just collecting stations.
    pinapadala nila yan sa somewhere...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The G-shock official service center is in Ortigas:

8:30 AM - 5:30 PM / Mondays to Fridays
    31st Floor, Unit 3101, One Corporate Centre Bldg., Dona Julia Vargas Avenue corner Meralco Avenue, Ortigas Business District, Ortigas, Pasig City
    Tel: +63-917-152-4326

Customers don't usually walk in as the watches are delivered from the stores to this location for service. If you have a battery replacement done outside of the official service center, chances are it will no longer be at the same water resistant rating as it used to (i.e. don't go diving with your watch at over 2 meters depth).

The worst case scenario is that the watch doesn't work properly after the battery replacement.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dati they service Gshock sa TimeDepot.. i always go there sa Powerplant mall.. last time nahintay pa nung nagpapalit ako nang battery don sa gshock ko.. iba yung battery nang gshock, hindi sya capacitor and not that expensive compared don sa tough solar na pinapalitan ko..

then yes, lately, hindi na sila nag se service sa timedepot.. don na sa ortigas nga.. di pa din ako nakakapunta don..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    malakas talaga mang impluwensiya ang tsikot forum

si kagalingan na hindi mahilig sa relo mapapabili ng relo

haha
    Di lang sa relo naimpluwensyahan, pati sa attitude kuha na ni kags.

Like ayaw na bumili sa avenida, gusto na sa mall. Wala kasi aircon. Hahaha

Para pag may nag ask where he got his watch masagot nya ng “Ahhyaalahh” kesa “Abenida”.

Next up nyan tambay na sya sa starbucks, with his di maubos ubos na frap.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    naliligo na din?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Di lang sa relo naimpluwensyahan, pati sa attitude kuha na ni kags.

Like ayaw na bumili sa avenida, gusto na sa mall. Wala kasi aircon. Hahaha

Para pag may nag ask where he got his watch masagot nya ng “Ahhyaalahh” kesa “Abenida”.

Next up nyan tambay na sya sa starbucks, with his di maubos ubos na frap.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    actually sa anak ko din yang tough solar.. kaso ayaw nya kasi green daw.. so I bought another one.. yung black.. and ako gumamit nyang green..

battery / capacitor yata ang gamit.. japan lang daw yun.. and mahal..

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    My son's watch also stopped working. Capacitor pala at hindi battery papalitan? Hindi ko pa napapacheck eh.

I have the same watch, black rubber nga lang original band nung sa akin.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    regular watch batteries cost probably less than a hundred bucks, say, 50 bucks..
    if one does not replace the battery hisself, one will chalk up to 200 bucks for the watchman's labor in opening, replacing the battery, and then closing the watch.
    that's 250 bucks for replacing every 2 years = 500 bucks every two years or so.

if the solar watch's capacitor or rechargeable battery costs 1500 bucks, and needs replacement every 8 years,
    that'd be 1500 bucks every 8 years for the solar, against 2000 bucks for the regular batteried watch.
    not to mention, the cost of inconvenience.

similar calculations from a colleague whose seiko kinetic's battery, also died.

the battery/capacitor of the seiko solar i purchcased 7 years ago, is dying.
    i'll hie over to seiko repair center soon, to have it replaced.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 5th, 2022 at 11:37 AM.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]