New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 627 of 678 FirstFirst ... 527577617623624625626627628629630631637677 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    then, i saw the sbp143...
    after two days...
    ... it's gone!
    heh heh.
    well, it saved me from forking over 53K...

but the happy feet is still there, for less than half the price of the sbp...
    medyo hindi lang bagay sa tuxedo or barong...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    For those of you looking for a MoonSwatch, you will have to wait a little longer. At a Swatch store in Zurich which was less than an hour's drive away from the Swatch global HQ, it only had the green one in stock and there were only 2 left. The clerk did say that Swatch was ramping up production in time for the holiday shopping season in Q4. She also mentioned that other collabs are happening, which I think will be a Seamaster Swatch.

Every other city in Central and Western Europe that I went to last month did not have a single MoonSwatch. You can also count the airport duty free shops that I checked in Manila, Abu Dhabi, Zurich, Dusseldorf, and Schiphol (AMS). Most shops don't even bother putting the non-working display units out.

It was just as bad for Rolexes as well, even the junior sizes were out of stock (but you could still snag some of the women's releases). Display cabinets were about 90% empty, even in Zurich. Tudors, however, were quite plentiful. Breitling had very visible kiosks in many shopping areas and at the Zurich airport. All the other Haute Horlogerie brands of varying calibre were not hard to find. There really is a lot of suspicion that this Rolex scarcity is artificial.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my lust for the moonswatch has abated. somewhat.

while there is a shortage of rolexes at the Authorized Dealers' ,
    there does not seem to be a shortage at the re-sellers' .
    ang daming for-sale ads. (that is, if these are real.)
    so yes. i believe the shortage is artificial.

locally, the tudor display cases have items on display, naman.
    but they do not include the black bay 58.
    i'm listed in the waiting list. so i wonder, kelan kaya darating?
    Last edited by dr. d; August 3rd, 2022 at 04:12 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    Guys you might want to save up for that swiss watch you’re eyeing.

The watch bubble is about to burst, maybe it started na nga.

Rolex Daytona panda down to 2M na lang, from a high of 2.9M+ just a couple of months ago.

Its the beginning of the end for the resellers.

According to Bloomberg, the secondhand market for luxury watches has been flooded in the last few months as a result of the crypto collapse. The watch-selling platform Chrono24 told reporters there that the dip has “directly impacted pricing of luxury watches from brands like Rolex and Patek Philippe.” Supply for prestige watches like the Rolex Daytona (starting at $17,194 plus shipping on Chrono24) and the Patek Nautilus 5711A (starting at $101,783 plus shipping) is “now much larger,” according to the company.
    --------------------

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    just checked sa At Tokyo One Boni.. 1 lang daw binigay sa kanila na GMT.. so out of stock na.. and may list sila.. 40+ na yung names..

19K daw price..
    Willing daw ba ako to buy seiko gmt at 23500, haist..anlaki ng tongpats

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinlog View Post
    Willing daw ba ako to buy seiko gmt at 23500, haist..anlaki ng tongpats

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    honga.
    19++ lang sa AD.
    you have to ask the sales persons.
    for some strange reason, some might not display the item, but they do have them under the counter.
    pinakita at inalok sakin yung hidden gmt, probably because i was balking at the 53++ sbp143.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 3rd, 2022 at 08:27 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my lust for the moonswatch has abated. somewhat.

while there is a shortage of rolexes at the Authorized Dealers' ,
    there does not seem to be a shortage at the re-sellers'
    I really want these resellers to disappear! Not just with watches but EVERYTHING luxury!

Marami ngang IG personalities/resellers that I dislike, I don't have IG but they made it really big naging youtubers na rin and even opened stores, tapos clients nila mga nakakainis din like Marian Rivera and Tulfo family hahaha

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I really want these resellers to disappear! Not just with watches but EVERYTHING luxury!

Marami ngang IG personalities/resellers that I dislike, I don't have IG but they made it really big naging youtubers na rin and even opened stores, tapos clients nila mga nakakainis din like Marian Rivera and Tulfo family hahaha
    there are at least two theories on how these resellers came to be.
    all of them revolve around greed.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    doc may mga relo ako nagustuhan kaso iisa store lang naabutan ko sa avenida.

ill be back this week mga tanghali pa lang punta na ako.

Tapos icompare ko sa mall price.

If few hundred langs matitipid eh sa mall ako bibili.

and yung farmers plaza pa palal pupuntahan ko kasi may nakapagsabi sa akin mura din jan.

But i will LRT na. Pero buti kanina hinid matraffic. I retiroed-labas avenida - turn right sa manila grand opera hotel pasok ng tomas mapua then parada sa secret parking ko na free and no towing (its a place na MPTB cannot touch hahahah)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    doc may mga relo ako nagustuhan kaso iisa store lang naabutan ko sa avenida.

ill be back this week mga tanghali pa lang punta na ako.

Tapos icompare ko sa mall price.

If few hundred langs matitipid eh sa mall ako bibili.

and yung farmers plaza pa palal pupuntahan ko kasi may nakapagsabi sa akin mura din jan.

But i will LRT na. Pero buti kanina hinid matraffic. I retiroed-labas avenida - turn right sa manila grand opera hotel pasok ng tomas mapua then parada sa secret parking ko na free and no towing (its a place na MPTB cannot touch hahahah)
    nandun ka na sa abenida.
    if it's cheaper at avenida by a few hundreeds, why defer buying it from avenida, and why insist on buying it at the more expensive mall?
    what misgivings do you harbor if you purchased it at abenida?
    ang hina mo yata sa math and economics.
    saan ka ba gradweyt!
    Last edited by dr. d; August 4th, 2022 at 01:10 AM.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]