New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 616 of 678 FirstFirst ... 516566606612613614615616617618619620626666 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    That Rolex wait list is just a wish list.
    I have not known anyone who put their names in that list that was able to get the rolex unit they desired.
    i placed my name in 2019 and i have not gotten any reply or update of the model i wanted even if its already been discontinued. haha
    While a friend of mine bought 1 rolex (DJ) last year and another one (DJ) last month from the same AD and from the same SA. Last week the SA would send my friend pics of available Rolex's. sadly walang Stainless Steel models and no Sports model yet. mostly two tone and with diamonds or precious metals na DJ and OP.
    No choice but to buy from gray market or from people who owns one.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    That Rolex wait list is just a wish list.
    I have not known anyone who put their names in that list that was able to get the rolex unit they desired.
    i placed my name in 2019 and i have not gotten any reply or update of the model i wanted even if its already been discontinued. haha
    While a friend of mine bought 1 rolex (DJ) last year and another one (DJ) last month from the same AD and from the same SA. Last week the SA would send my friend pics of available Rolex's. sadly walang Stainless Steel models and no Sports model yet. mostly two tone and with diamonds or precious metals na DJ and OP.
    visit the grand seiko store, po.
    you might find something you like, there.

the black bay 58 looks nice. alas, naka-waitlist kami...
    but the black bay 41 is on stock, awaiting buyer.

forget the rolex,
    unless one fancies buying it at creatively-inflated price from non-AD outlets.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't think I'll be able to a buy a Rolex in my lifetime na because I only want to buy from AD. I'm not gonna buy ridiculous mark up from resellers. Is this a recent happening like in the past 5 yrs? It seems to be happening is most luxury items

BUT that means my Kuya's GF is so crazy for him, got him a Rolex kasi. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I'm not a fan of those branded/luxury watches. I'm a farsighted, I wear an smartwatch

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Early 2000 nung pumunta ako sa gimikan wearing a readers digest freebie synthetic leather watch eh lahat ng makakita gandang-ganda sa suot ko. As in lahat.

hindi na nila iscrutinize kasi ako nagsusuot = mukhang naligo eh.

Kaya why buy luxury watch kung nakakapeke naman ako.

Nung inamin ko freebie sa readers digest subscription eh nagtawanan syempre dahil nakadenggoy ako.

Nahirapan ako gumastos sa relo above 7thou. Its just a status symbol na wala ng functional purpose. Isa din factor hindi ako marunong tumingin kung mahal ba or mura. Usually ang tingin ko sa rolex mukhang pang tatang.

Same sa bags hindi ko alam ano itsura ng hermes at birkin. Hangang lowie buttton at ysl lang alam ko.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I don't think I'll be able to a buy a Rolex in my lifetime na because I only want to buy from AD. I'm not gonna buy ridiculous mark up from resellers. Is this a recent happening like in the past 5 yrs? It seems to be happening is most luxury items

BUT that means my Kuya's GF is so crazy for him, got him a Rolex kasi. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    It's also Rolex itself that is partly responsible for all the inventory control going on. They're basically following the playbook done by Marco Bizzarri for Gucci back in the 20-teens.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Early 2000 nung pumunta ako sa gimikan wearing a readers digest freebie synthetic leather watch eh lahat ng makakita gandang-ganda sa suot ko. As in lahat.

hindi na nila iscrutinize kasi ako nagsusuot = mukhang naligo eh.

Kaya why buy luxury watch kung nakakapeke naman ako.

Nung inamin ko freebie sa readers digest subscription eh nagtawanan syempre dahil nakadenggoy ako.

Nahirapan ako gumastos sa relo above 7thou. Its just a status symbol na wala ng functional purpose.
    not everyone buys naman kasi status symbol, sakin it's something that I can pass on to the next generation at yung makikita ko where my money went. Mahilig kasi ako sa small spendings tapos di ko ma trace where my money went. Mom ko walang luho but she likes jewelry, each one has a story. My maternal lola has passed on pero the jewelry she gave will live on forever.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    ^
    eh cathey yung mga typical male ano ang purpose wearing that?

kasi nung umattend ako school reunion yung mga lower batch lumapit sa table namin tapos ang topic nila mga suot na relo rolex. Pag tingin ko ang lakas talaga makatatang eh.

Malaki din factor kaya wala ako hilig kasi parents ko not into jewelries. Singsing lang suot nila. Ako personally mas gusto ko magsuot ng beads at pearls kasi meron natural energies yan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ^
    eh cathey yung mga typical male ano ang purpose wearing that?

kasi nung umattend ako school reunion yung mga lower batch lumapit sa table namin tapos ang topic nila mga suot na relo rolex. Pag tingin ko ang lakas talaga makatatang eh.

Malaki din factor kaya wala ako hilig kasi parents ko not into jewelries. Singsing lang suot nila. Ako personally mas gusto ko magsuot ng beads at pearls kasi meron natural energies yan.
    I guess hobby/collection? Siyempre meron talagang bumibili lang as status symbol pero meron din na interest talaga nila watches.

Totoo pala yung mga yabangan sa school reunions haha. I never attend kasi. Once I'm done with a chapter di ko na binabalikan (except for the friends I made there)

Yung pearls I can't wear kasi dalaga pa ako, pero may time na obsessed ako sa crystals, that I stopped wearing jewelry na.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    It's also Rolex itself that is partly responsible for all the inventory control going on. They're basically following the playbook done by Marco Bizzarri for Gucci back in the 20-teens.
    I wonder what's the threshold of people, when they decide na if Rolex doesn't want their money then they're going some place else and never go back hehe

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]