New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 615 of 678 FirstFirst ... 515565605611612613614615616617618619625665 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,150 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    40,196
    #6141
    Sa akin ok lang yan he's a Marcos and he's now the freaking most powerful man in the nation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    6,719
    #6142
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Sa akin ok lang yan he's a Marcos and he's now the freaking most powerful man in the nation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, kung nuon nga wala na tayong magawa kahit maningil ng utang nya, ngayon pa na nasa position na sya, kahit magsuot pa sya ng gold bar necklace, watch and weep na lang kayo.

  3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    287
    #6143
    On business trip 2 weeks ago and nag try ako mag drop by on weekend sa mga mall to see some sports watch from rolex , they have display but wala din stock.

    I went to a seiko store, im not into the hobby nor a watch enthusiast, price of seiko flagship model has gone up so much that some models cost an arm [di ko alam kung tama term ko] . . . Some are ranging from 300K to 400K in pesoses. I tried it on to get a feel of it, bracelet design is comfortable to wear just like the rolex.

    Last seiko watch na nagkaroon ako is a lassale model, binigay ng mother ko back in 1985 pa yata pero nasira na din.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,709
    #6144
    Yeah its really much ado about nothing.

    But you can see ones level of being kakampink sa assessment nila value ng watch.

    Sa mga diehard kakampinks yun cost ng watch 28M and super rare daw.😆

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,109
    #6145
    Quote Originally Posted by Akky M View Post
    On business trip 2 weeks ago and nag try ako mag drop by on weekend sa mga mall to see some sports watch from rolex , they have display but wala din stock.

    I went to a seiko store, im not into the hobby nor a watch enthusiast, price of seiko flagship model has gone up so much that some models cost an arm [di ko alam kung tama term ko] . . . Some are ranging from 300K to 400K in pesoses. I tried it on to get a feel of it, bracelet design is comfortable to wear just like the rolex.

    Last seiko watch na nagkaroon ako is a lassale model, binigay ng mother ko back in 1985 pa yata pero nasira na din.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dito na lang sa 'pinas,
    i went to the rolex authorized dealer, with serious intent to purchase.
    several times, in the space of a year.
    palaging halos walang for sale. hindi ko type yung availables.
    so i went to grand seiko, where i exchanged my money for one of their items.
    seiko's gain, rolex's loss.

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    287
    #6146
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    dito na lang sa 'pinas,
    i went to the rolex authorized dealer, with serious intent to purchase.
    several times, in the space of a year.
    palaging halos walang for sale. hindi ko type yung availables.
    so i went to grand seiko, where i exchanged my money for one of their items.
    seiko's gain, rolex's loss.

    Doc, Sabi ko nga sa sales I can pay in their preferred mode [ cash o kaskas ng card] if may available na model, sabi lang sa kin, i can register my interest and hand me their ipad to input my info with a grin hehe.


    Pag pasok ko seiko store, dalawa yung bumilbili ng high end watch nila, ina adjust na nga bracelet. Gain for seiko definitely, sobra ng hype ng rolex sports watch model.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,109
    #6147
    Quote Originally Posted by Akky M View Post
    Doc, Sabi ko nga sa sales I can pay in their preferred mode [ cash o kaskas ng card] if may available na model, sabi lang sa kin, i can register my interest and hand me their ipad to input my info with a grin hehe.


    Pag pasok ko seiko store, dalawa yung bumilbili ng high end watch nila, ina adjust na nga bracelet. Gain for seiko definitely, sobra ng hype ng rolex sports watch model.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yespo.
    the internet is full of similar stories,
    on the absence of rolexes for actual sale,
    on rolex's real or imaginary screening criteria on whom to sell to and whom not to sell to, etc.
    and the proliferation of the overpriced rolexes by non-ADs...

    but i did fall in line for the black bay 58. i hope i receive a phone call soon...
    heh heh.

    i remember a colleague, many years ago,
    they toured europe.
    the bus made a stop beside an ordinary-looking bridge.
    the tour guide announced,
    "folks, you can walk over and cross the bridge to switzerland. you may purchase your rolex watch there without fuss."
    Last edited by dr. d; July 1st, 2022 at 05:23 PM.

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,270
    #6148
    I wonder how many filipinos owns a Patek? and heard that before buying a Patek you will be screened and interviewed.

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,109
    #6149
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    and heard that before buying a Patek you will be screened and interviewed.
    same with rolex.
    the internet is full of folks who insist they got their "screening questionnaire" from a very reliable source...

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,906
    #6150
    That Rolex wait list is just a wish list.
    I have not known anyone who put their names in that list that was able to get the rolex unit they desired.
    i placed my name in 2019 and i have not gotten any reply or update of the model i wanted even if its already been discontinued. haha
    While a friend of mine bought 1 rolex (DJ) last year and another one (DJ) last month from the same AD and from the same SA. Last week the SA would send my friend pics of available Rolex's. sadly walang Stainless Steel models and no Sports model yet. mostly two tone and with diamonds or precious metals na DJ and OP.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]