New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 590 of 678 FirstFirst ... 490540580586587588589590591592593594600640 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,675
    #5891
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my son, a millennial, has a mechanical watch, and several iterations of a quartz watch.
    his daily wear is a ... smart watch.
    I used to wear a fitbit daily, but I only wear it when i go running now. I seldom wear a watch now since that is another item to sanitize.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,314
    #5892
    I think millennials are still into watches, though of course only a niche. Watches have never been a universal obsession anyway.

    If you look at the composition of SWCP, lots of millennials there. Among my friends, itís usually the businessmen/women that are into watches - they have the disposable income for it and itís sort of a status symbol when dealing with older, more successful businessmen.

    The daily watches of my 5 close millennial businessmen friends - Milgauss, Explorer 2, Daytona Ceramic, Grand Seiko Snowflake, Datejust Diamonds.

    For others - Seiko is the affordable gateway that has a very good sense of community. Nice watches are typically things you buy after youíve bought your important milestones (house/condo, car, etc), but Seikos are the perfect entry point since there are lots of models at good prices.

    Gen Zs are still a tad young to appreciate watches. Most people I know start their watch journey around 25-30 and Gen Zís today are just getting there.

    Across generations though, itís common to find a smartwatch as a daily driver.

    I personally use my mechanical watch as my daily driver, but I still use my 7 year old smartwatch whenever I go to the gym, or go anywhere I know my hands will get dirty.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; February 8th, 2022 at 12:03 PM.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,675
    #5893
    jut703 is right that the businessmen/women who are into it. Come to think of it, no one cares among my friends in architecture. Among my friends in masters who are the same age, quite a lot more.

    My friends in architecture would wear a Fitbit, Apple Watch, or none at all. My friends from Masters would wear Seikos, Tag Heuers, and others that I'm not really aware of.

    It probably depends on the work culture, I feel its "dyahe" to wear a nice watch to a construction site meeting.

    Then again, people my age from architecture seem to have far less disposable income, except for the COOs (Child of Owners).

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,608
    #5894
    An automatic Seiko or Orient is much better than buying a similarly priced Fossil or any of those fashion watches. I would even say thatís it worth keeping more than a quartz Swiss watch.

    If you are really plan into getting a quartz watch, a Casio is a good buy. Spent just over 1k on this retro piece and for all its features, it was totally worth it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,970
    #5895
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    An automatic Seiko or Orient is much better than buying a similarly priced Fossil or any of those fashion watches. I would even say thatís it worth keeping more than a quartz Swiss watch.

    If you are really plan into getting a quartz watch, a Casio is a good buy. Spent just over 1k on this retro piece and for all its features, it was totally worth it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ayos yan[emoji3581]img_20220208_170041-01.jpg

    Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    17,807
    #5896
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    G9200ER-3Attachment 40548

    Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Utol!

    Do you get a radio signal where you're at? Ako i receive updates usually during early afternoons (not everyday though or i just donlt notice). Akala ko nga useless na iyong radio waves thingamajig feature nya sa pinas
    p_20201128_120700_1_ll_p.jpg

    Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    7,970
    #5897
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Utol!

    Do you get a radio signal where you're at? Ako i receive updates usually during early afternoons (not everyday though or i just donlt notice). Akala ko nga useless na iyong radio waves thingamajig feature nya sa pinas
    p_20201128_120700_1_ll_p.jpg

    Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    Not familiar withÖwhat i do check most of the time is the altimeterÖ.to avoid baha during rainy days[emoji3]

    https://youtu.be/yV4sko9zSXo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,477
    #5898
    BB GMT



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,295
    #5899
    Do you guys clean your watch after a day use before putting it back in the box? I'm wondering if I should wipe or wash it to remove the sweat from the day.

    Sent from my EB2103 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53,111
    #5900
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Do you guys clean your watch after a day use before putting it back in the box? I'm wondering if I should wipe or wash it to remove the sweat from the day.

    Sent from my EB2103 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    the watch goes directly to its resting area once out of my wrist.
    once in a while, i would absentmindedly run it thru a fold of tissue paper.

    all my watches are metal bracelet.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]