New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 563 of 678 FirstFirst ... 463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    GShocks are popular primarily for this reason. They are rugged, multifunction, and practical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    not to mention some with 10year battery life

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    not to mention some with 10year battery life
    I think this is for the Tough Solar models. The usual quartz GShock models are good for 3 years I think.

Seiko also has a good number of Prospex line solar-powered watches.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I was in Oris watch shop last friday and noticed that they have now this huge acrylic barrier between you and staff whenever you want to get your hands on the watch.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    "anti-aerosol device".
    every establishment now has their version of such.

i complained to mcdo, as the clear but un-flat barrier precludes me from reading the menu.
    after a week, they got rid of the plastic curtain and shifted to flat, clear celluloid-like barriers.
    nababasa namuli.
    apparently, hindi lang ako ang nag-complain.
    OT.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 22nd, 2020 at 08:38 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    GShocks are popular primarily for this reason. They are rugged, multifunction, and practical.

my nephew-the-seaman:
    "unc, i destroyed three seikos the other year. this g-shock has been with me for a year now. it's great! we all wear it now."

as an aside,
    i have four older casios.
    and for some reason, all of them run 4-5 minutes advance in a year.
    are these watches adjustable?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 22nd, 2020 at 08:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    There is this shop selling tissot, rado and frederique constant combined I can go check it out. For hamilton the oris store also carries that brand it is made in u.s.a. right? the omega shop which also carries longines is still closed in my area.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    molopisya?
    i haunt that place.
    kilala nako diyan. "the looker never buys."
    heh heh.

might i suggest... at the other block... rolex.

wifey is watching me peruse the online rolexes... friendly voice but suspicious eyes...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I think this is for the Tough Solar models. The usual quartz GShock models are good for 3 years I think.

Seiko also has a good number of Prospex line solar-powered watches.

while the rechargeable ctl 1616 battery of the (casio) solar watches has a very long life,
    eventually it will need replacement.
    googling, i was shocked at the price of the battery alone.

para ka nang bumili ng regular quartz model whose battery you replace every 1-2-3 years.

just like the seiko kinetics.
    the price of the run-down rechargeable battery is akin to the combined price of several regular watch batteries that equal the kinetic's in total longevity...

i am wondering,
    to the tsikoteer,
    may we ask, much did casio charge you for replacing the rechargeable battery?

youtube has videos, for those who want to DIY the battery replacement.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 22nd, 2020 at 08:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    No need to worry about setting the correct time all the time then. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Congrats again on your purchase, I assume more to come? What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    thanks ulit bro... actually yung maintenance meds lang ang hanap ko kaso napadaan sa watch store ayun napabili ng di oras hahaha.
    hindi kaya yung rolex... yung display nila ay circa 8k BND ang minimum price.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    I finally got my riseman to work again. Battery replacement was done by the official distributor of Casio at alabang. Hindi sila pumapayag na battery lang bilhin tapos diy ang tirada. Sila lang kasi ang may ctl 1616 na reasonable ang price kaya sige na lang.

The thing is they don't accept walk-in customers as of the moment. You have to meet their personnel at the lobby of their building & pick up the watch afterwards. Quarantine precaution daw nila.

Btw, i was referred there by time depot festival mall 3 months ago pa. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged] naabutan ng lockdown ang foofoo. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Attachment 36834

the things you own end up owning you
    Uy, anong year model yan? Meron na pala ulit lumabas na Riseman! Back in 1999 I got the yellow (like the Halls candy) version but I lost it one of the mountains in Bataan last 2001. Tried looking for another yellow pero wala akong makita. Any color wala din... madalas ko makita Frogman or the Mudman.

Well, that’s a good watch. Ingat lang sa mga buttons kasi yan madalas unang nasisira, just like the other G-Shocks.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering,
    to the tsikoteer,
    may we ask, much did casio charge you for replacing the rechargeable battery?

youtube has videos, for those who want to DIY the battery replacement.
    they charged me for under 600 bucks for the whole shebang doc. the batt itself cost about P500 ++ and the rest were for the service fee and for the dash of silicone oil.

diy batt replacement is pretty straightforward but casio says they have to factory waterproof it again (w/c is apparently a requirement of some sort), thus the silicone oil to recondition the seals.

Quote Originally Posted by kabute13 View Post
    Uy, anong year model yan? Meron na pala ulit lumabas na Riseman! Back in 1999 I got the yellow (like the Halls candy) version but I lost it one of the mountains in Bataan last 2001. Tried looking for another yellow pero wala akong makita. Any color wala din... madalas ko makita Frogman or the Mudman.

Well, that’s a good watch. Ingat lang sa mga buttons kasi yan madalas unang nasisira, just like the other G-Shocks.
    so iyong riseman bro iyong parang may prominent side extensions?

as far as i can tell, 2010 release siya based on its serial number.
    Last edited by baludoy; July 12th, 2020 at 12:09 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    they charged me for under 600 bucks for the whole shebang doc. the batt itself cost about P500 ++ and the rest were for the service fee and for the dash of silicone oil.

diy batt replacement is pretty straightforward but casio says they have to factory waterproof it again (w/c is apparently a requirement of some sort), thus the silicone oil to recondition the seals.

not bad.
    i hope my seiko solar will cost me something similar, when its time comes.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]