New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 515 of 678 FirstFirst ... 415465505511512513514515516517518519525565615 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,150 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Guys, let’s help King dispose of those pieces unless King decides to donate them to us. Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...bidding via tsikot?

proceeds or a percentage thereof, to be donated to the taal fund...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My mindset on watches changed when I got married. One of my mentors (also a Speedy owner) was right when he told me to pull the trigger after I proposed. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten myself a decent watch.

The hundreds of thousands I spend on my watch would be better used to buy land, or prepare for our future kids' education, or for travel to create priceless memories with family.

I'm sure that watch enthusiasts would disagree but I just feel there are better ways to spend half a million than a watch. The only way I could justify buying a watch is if I can buy it low and sell it quickly at a higher price if I need the money.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Agree bro!!!!!!! But nothing against watch enthusiasts. Its a fantastic hobby and like minded folks can talk for days on end about the intricacies and craftsmanship and history. Once upon a time i liked watches though I just outgrew it. Have a few pieces here and there but my mainstay is my Garmin or the Samsung Gear. Never really check whats on my wrist anymore.

Unless you are this guy....

Partners grumble as venture manager shows off Richard Mille watches, Hermes, Chanel while business flounders : Bilyonaryo

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My mindset on watches changed when I got married. One of my mentors (also a Speedy owner) was right when he told me to pull the trigger after I proposed. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten myself a decent watch.
    no, you won't.
    ...just you wait, for when until things settle down.
    itaga mo sa adobe.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 24th, 2020 at 09:45 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Agree bro!!!!!!! But nothing against watch enthusiasts. Its a fantastic hobby and like minded folks can talk for days on end about the intricacies and craftsmanship and history. Once upon a time i liked watches though I just outgrew it. Have a few pieces here and there but my mainstay is my Garmin or the Samsung Gear. Never really check whats on my wrist anymore.

Unless you are this guy....

Partners grumble as venture manager shows off Richard Mille watches, Hermes, Chanel while business flounders : Bilyonaryo

The way the article is written.

Parang si fashion pulis.

Do you happen to know who they are talking about?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Agree with jut and EQ. Money is better invested elsewhere. Unless you end up with the odd collectible like the next red Sub or Ultraman Speedmaster, you will lose money collecting watches.

But as long as one is financially responsible, nothing wrong with spending some money on the things that tickle your fancy. And if you are a married man, still a lot better than getting a side chick.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    even the rich, need toys.

wife was once asked if she was bothered that hubby had many cars, watches, and high-end cameras.
    "not in the least! that way, i see where his money goes."

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Dont know whonthe article is referring to. Asking around. But that is very conspicous consumption.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Please do share when you find out. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Whose hubby doc? Or is the hubby you?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Agree with jut and EQ. Money is better invested elsewhere. Unless you end up with the odd collectible like the next red Sub or Ultraman Speedmaster, you will lose money collecting watches.

But as long as one is financially responsible, nothing wrong with spending some money on the things that tickle your fancy. And if you are a married man, still a lot better than getting a side chick.
    Bahala na mayrun maraming relo basta wag lang maraming chicks! Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    re the blind item

ano ba mga "much hyped business" ngayon owned by millenials?

mga tech startup?

could be a local app

esep esep

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]