New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 470 of 585 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 5841
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5
    #4691
    I used old school na watch... Timex 1990 model. hehe

  2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,211
    #4692
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Orient Star Classic for today...

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    distant cousin

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    96
    #4693
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    distant cousin
    Nice... very clean dial..


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43,166
    #4694
    Quote Originally Posted by armano View Post
    I used old school na watch... Timex 1990 model. hehe
    matibay ba ang mekanismo?
    katawan resistant to daily dings?

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,186
    #4695
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    distant cousin
    Very nice Presage! I almost pulled the trigger on a blue dial Cocktail Time myself. But I already had the Sun & Moon in the collection.

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,975
    #4696
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Orient Star Classic for today...
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    distant cousin
    Both good looking and reliable watches, IMO....

    In the past, pulled the trigger on the OS with the 50hr power reserve variant...

    Might look back....

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,799
    #4697
    For those looking for automatics with longer power reserve at an affordable price, some Swatch group brands have decent offerings. Hamilton has the H21 and H31 movements that are rated at 60 hours. Some Tissot and Certina models are now powered by the Powermatic 80 movement which gives watches an 80-hour power reserve.

    If you want something like a 10-day power reserve, I think the most affordable one on the market is from Oris. The rest of the watches with 7-day to 10-day power reserves are way up there in pricing.
    Last edited by Egan101; August 2nd, 2019 at 10:47 AM.

  8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,186
    #4698
    I like Tissot but I'm having a hard time justifying getting one because of their ludicrous pricing. Asked an AD yesterday about the price of a Visodate and an 1853 dress watch and after being told how much, I said "Ok, thanks" and walked away. BTW, they don't discount so the prices are pretty much firm.

    Told myself, I'd probably get 2 nice Cocktail Time watches for one Visodate, or even a Hamilton Jazzmaster with the Powermatic 80 caliber and the visual appeal would be much better.

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,799
    #4699
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    I like Tissot but I'm having a hard time justifying getting one because of their ludicrous pricing. Asked an AD yesterday about the price of a Visodate and an 1853 dress watch and after being told how much, I said "Ok, thanks" and walked away. BTW, they don't discount so the prices are pretty much firm.

    Told myself, I'd probably get 2 nice Cocktail Time watches for one Visodate, or even a Hamilton Jazzmaster with the Powermatic 80 caliber and the visual appeal would be much better.
    Which AD did you go to? Last year I asked the SM Makati AD for their base model Powermatic 80 watch and they were selling it at around 27k with a 20% discount included. The Powermatic 80 Chronometer model is between 45k to 50k which is pretty decent pricing for a COSC-certified chronometer.

    My Tissot PRC200 is a quartz and it has been with me for around 12 years. I hope to replace it with one of those affordable models with the Lemania C01.211 movement. Tissot is starting to move away from the Valjoux 7750 and using this Lemania movement for most of their chrono auto watches.

  10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,186
    #4700
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Which AD did you go to? Last year I asked the SM Makati AD for their base model Powermatic 80 watch and they were selling it at around 27k with a 20% discount included. The Powermatic 80 Chronometer model is between 45k to 50k which is pretty decent pricing for a COSC-certified chronometer.

    My Tissot PRC200 is a quartz and it has been with me for around 12 years. I hope to replace it with one of those affordable models with the Lemania C01.211 movement. Tissot is starting to move away from the Valjoux 7750 and using this Lemania movement for most of their chrono auto watches.
    Same SM Makati AD. I guess their current pricing is really to put some separation from the other Swatch group brands. Honestly, COSC certification does nothing for me at these price levels as I much prefer the METAS certification which is attendant to Omega watches which are higher up the chain.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]