New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 360 of 678 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    I was in HK last November and I observed that for high-end watches, you save an additional 5-8% more compared prices here net of AD discount. There are also more choices available unlike here where you have ADs with a limited number of pieces in their glass cases. Looking for the Tudor BB GMT? You likely won't find it in local ADs. But there, there are plenty. Looking for a nice dress watch from NOMOS? Good luck finding one here apart from Washington in Power Plant Mall. But there, even the small watch botiques have them...all models pa.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i agree.
    it is nice to go watch-hunting in HK. simply put, there are more models to see.
    are there fakes? ...i still remember this story about... as the story went, within a few hours of the discovery, the HK store was closed down.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    marami pa din pa bang watch stores na varied ang inventory sa avenida?

i haven't been there since my dad took me there by PUVs as sort of a "field trip" back when i was a kid. para naman daw makita ko how he grew up in old manila.
    Afaik, 2 stores na lang sila don.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i agree.
    it is nice to go watch-hunting in HK. simply put, there are more models to see.
    are there fakes? ...i still remember this story about... as the story went, within a few hours of the discovery, the HK store was closed down.
    Re: fakes...there are authorized dealers for the big brands like Rolex, Omega, Panerai etc. If you are looking for pre-owned, usually the store or botique will offer you models that come with papers and tags. In some cases, they will be willing to open up the watch for you so you can see if the movement is authentic. Thing is, you have to be knowledgeable if what you're looking at is the real deal. There are reputable sellers of pre-owned watches in HK vetted by watch enthusiasts online. I guess if you stick to that you will avoid buying a fake watch.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Re: fakes...there are authorized dealers for the big brands like Rolex, Omega, Panerai etc. If you are looking for pre-owned, usually the store or botique will offer you models that come with papers and tags. In some cases, they will be willing to open up the watch for you so you can see if the movement is authentic. Thing is, you have to be knowledgeable if what you're looking at is the real deal. There are reputable sellers of pre-owned watches in HK vetted by watch enthusiasts online. I guess if you stick to that you will avoid buying a fake watch.
    There was one time may bumili sa AD sa hong kong tapos ang watch na binigay replica. I read it in the internet pero nabawi din niya pera niya few year after niya nalaman na rolex replica pala binigay sa kanya. Kaya mas safe siguro sa boutiques pa din bumili sa hk.

Sent from my G8342 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Filipiniana for today. [emoji1198]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Filipiniana for today. [emoji1198]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    guwapo.

OT,
    meron bang barong made of synthetic fabric, such that it is not prone to punit and wear and tear, and yet still looks like a natural-fiber barong?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    For my balik-alindog program.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    about 3 years ago, the HK price of the swatch model i compared against the local, was about 1.5-2K pesos less.

so kung ganun doc pag 3,500 dito pinas eh 2thou lang hongkong. May pupunta kasi china pag mura doon ako magpabili. Pwede pala dalawa pag ganyan presyo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    so kung ganun doc pag 3,500 dito pinas eh 2thou lang hongkong. May pupunta kasi china pag mura doon ako magpabili. Pwede pala dalawa pag ganyan presyo.
    it was for a particular model.
    i did not compare the other models, as i was not interested in them.

just ask your mule to see the watch you want over there, and text you the price, for you to compare against its asking price here. then you can immediately text him your decision.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]