New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 667 of 678 FirstFirst ... 567617657663664665666667668669670671677 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    This exclusive release isn't from my batch but posting this anyway to help spread the word.

This has a display caseback and the letters AMDG on the dial which stands for Ad majórem Dei glóriam which means "For the greater glory of God." It doesn't have the school name or the school mascot or whatever else in it (which I like).

There is a premium over the retail version of this watch but you do get an exclusive and it is for a good cause.
    Deym, I'm salivating!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "donate for a cause!"
    "and instead of a papel na resibo na titiklupin lang at itatago sa pitaka, you receive a nice watch adorned in our official livery, even!"
    in the several watch commemorations that i have experienced, "na-ubusan" was a universal complaint.

and yes!
    it's very profitable.
    a 4 thousand peso kita per watch x 250 buyers = 1 million pesos easy profit ..

and because covid has taught us the value of the internet,
    effective advertising is easy and practically free!

of course, one has to have a good pulse of the target population first...
    dapat ay financially capable.
    Ah yeah limited lang kasi usually kaya lagi nauubusan. Plus usually trait natin na last minute bibili hehe. Pero actually pwede naman magpagawa ulit kung gusto.

Yup madaming mga alumni ang financially capable hehe. Some even gift them to graduating players & the coach.

The money shot!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I continue my trend of buying cheap watches. Currently a $10 Armitron digital sports watch. Comfort is key and plastic/vinyl watches are the most comfortable.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    snoop on a seiko

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    snoop on a seiko

may kilala ako,
    snaps up things that have the image of that black and white beagle.
    ilan kayang reloj ang kukunin niya...?
    heh heh.

btw,
    i am not a fan of that newer seiko logo of superman, lying down.
    i prefer the old "5" shield. classier, in my opinion.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 27th, 2023 at 11:30 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    snoop on a seiko

I really dig the Flieger look and the typography of the numbers on the dial.

It does seem the dial is too busy for a classic pilot's watch look (i.e. IWC) but Snoopy being there mitigates this hehe.

However, not putting Woodstock on the dial is a huge mistake, in my opinion.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I saw friend wearing a watch that looks like a Seiko 5 SRPD55, instead it's a Casio watch.

It looks good though for its price. screenshot_20230530_195447_lazada.jpg

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    snoop on a seiko

there's woodstock!
    wearing a helmet and hawak ni snoopy,

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I saw friend wearing a watch that looks like a Seiko 5 SRPD55, instead it's a Casio watch.

It looks good though for its price. screenshot_20230530_195447_lazada.jpg
    one issue i have against casio.
    their hands sometimes have tails going the opposite end.
    yes, they are painted as to minimize visibility, but they are there nonetheless.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I chanced upon the Seiko 5 SRPK29, the smaller version (38mm diam) of the SRPD55 (42mm). I finally decided to buy my first Seiko automatic watch.

I tried first the Seiko 5 GMT SSK001 and SRPD55 but felt the watch looks huge on my wrist.

I have an old 2nd gen Tag Heuer Silver Aquaracer watch with a diameter of 39mm which feels just about right for my wrist. The Seiko 5 5 SRPK29 gave the same light and casual feel.

https://youtu.be/wTln0vwMrZE

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]