New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 449 of 678 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    I saw one (Speedmaster Racing) used in GH for that amount. Watch only. I didn't get to examine it though.

When you think about it, bought new and with no regard for historical significance, the Speedmaster Racing has better specs than the Moonwatch.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Good price if the Racing is that cheap! I agree that the Racing has better (more modern) specs than the Moonwatch, but most importantly it fits better on my wrist being a 40mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Planning to buy a new watch, budget at around $1300 / PHP 70,000 max. Will be asking relatives to buy it abroad since the retail markup here in the Philippines is crazy.

I'm choosing between the following watches:

1. Longines Hydroconquest 41mm (L3730.4.56.5)
    Automatic
    Black dial
    $1,275

2. Tag Heuer Formila 1 41mm (WAZ1112.BA0875)
    Quartz
    Black dial
    $1,300

Leaning towards the Longines, since I'm hoping to get an automatic at this price range, but I'm more familiar with Tag since my dad is a huge fan. However, I've read that a lot of watch connoisseurs don't really consider Tag to be a very respectable brand (correct me if I'm wrong though). Given the steep cost, which one would keep its value longer and would get more nods of approval from watch collectors?

This will be my first foray into fancy watches, and I'm definitely no expert on this subject matter yet. But I'm planning to keep this for a long time and maybe even pass it on as a future family heirloom.

Not really open to buying anything pre-owned, so please avoid suggesting that route. No Rolexes and Omegas for now too, since di pa kaya ng bulsa! Hehe.
    For 70k would suggest to get a secondhand Omega - either Speedmaster Reduced or Seamaster Pro. These would fit your budget if you squeeze an extra 10k more.

Not to mention that these watches surprisingly appreciate. I got my Speedmaster Reduced 2 years ago and price is now about 20-25% higher than when I bought it.

Omega > Longines, Certina, Tissot, Tag, etc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Good price if the Racing is that cheap! I agree that the Racing has better (more modern) specs than the Moonwatch, but most importantly it fits better on my wrist being a 40mm.
    For 70k would suggest to get a secondhand Omega - either Speedmaster Reduced or Seamaster Pro. These would fit your budget if you squeeze an extra 10k more.

Not to mention that these watches surprisingly appreciate. I got my Speedmaster Reduced 2 years ago and price is now about 20-25% higher than when I bought it.

Omega > Longines, Certina, Tissot, Tag, etc

sounds like marami omega flippers sa pwc? website ba sila or fb?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sunday tool watch.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
    handsome timex!
    might i inquire, where'd you get that?
    i don't see it in the malls in the metro.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Speaking of flipping Omegas - this is quite a bargain, FOIS Speedy for 185k.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    handsome timex!
    might i inquire, where'd you get that?
    i don't see it in the malls in the metro.
    Local mall here. It was around late 2012 so most probably phased-out already. I was impressed with the water resistance of the Timex worn by the late SILG Robredo so bought this in memoriam of him and timex hehe.

Changed the strap though since it wasn't as durable.

Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Speaking of flipping Omegas - this is quite a bargain, FOIS Speedy for 185k.

This is the hand-wound variant right?

Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post

I like

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post

a few nights ago i watched a video doing a bit of a comparo between the white version of this seiko and a rolex

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    As popular and highly-regarded Rolex may be but it’s not the brand I am aiming for. I like to see a Breitling or IWC or Bremont on my wrist. Now if money is more than enough, I guess people do splurge on a Patek or Vacheron Constantin or A. Lange & Sohne.

The Sub is a key choice for many but I prefer a different design - fliegers or chronographs.

To those who may not know, Rolex and Tudor are from the same company. They also use the same movements.

If fliegers and chronos are your thing, may i suggest the breguet type XXI?

Flyback chronograph function? Check!
    Flieger? Check!
    Brand pedigree? BIG CHECK!

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]