New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 444 of 678 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Planning to buy a new watch, budget at around $1300 / PHP 70,000 max. Will be asking relatives to buy it abroad since the retail markup here in the Philippines is crazy.

I'm choosing between the following watches:

1. Longines Hydroconquest 41mm (L3730.4.56.5)
    Automatic
    Black dial
    $1,275

2. Tag Heuer Formila 1 41mm (WAZ1112.BA0875)
    Quartz
    Black dial
    $1,300

Leaning towards the Longines, since I'm hoping to get an automatic at this price range, but I'm more familiar with Tag since my dad is a huge fan. However, I've read that a lot of watch connoisseurs don't really consider Tag to be a very respectable brand (correct me if I'm wrong though). Given the steep cost, which one would keep its value longer and would get more nods of approval from watch collectors?

This will be my first foray into fancy watches, and I'm definitely no expert on this subject matter yet. But I'm planning to keep this for a long time and maybe even pass it on as a future family heirloom.

Not really open to buying anything pre-owned, so please avoid suggesting that route. No Rolexes and Omegas for now too, since di pa kaya ng bulsa! Hehe.
    The Longines has a better cachet, brand heritage and calibre. Bracelet is better, too. If you are looking at other brands which have modern specs, check out the Oris Aquis collection, or the Certina DS Action Diver.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Planning to buy a new watch, budget at around $1300 / PHP 70,000 max. Will be asking relatives to buy it abroad since the retail markup here in the Philippines is crazy.

I'm choosing between the following watches:

1. Longines Hydroconquest 41mm (L3730.4.56.5)
    Automatic
    Black dial
    $1,275

2. Tag Heuer Formila 1 41mm (WAZ1112.BA0875)
    Quartz
    Black dial
    $1,300

Leaning towards the Longines, since I'm hoping to get an automatic at this price range, but I'm more familiar with Tag since my dad is a huge fan. However, I've read that a lot of watch connoisseurs don't really consider Tag to be a very respectable brand (correct me if I'm wrong though). Given the steep cost, which one would keep its value longer and would get more nods of approval from watch collectors?

This will be my first foray into fancy watches, and I'm definitely no expert on this subject matter yet. But I'm planning to keep this for a long time and maybe even pass it on as a future family heirloom.

Not really open to buying anything pre-owned, so please avoid suggesting that route. No Rolexes and Omegas for now too, since di pa kaya ng bulsa! Hehe.
    Go for the Hydroconquest. Tag's Formula1 series may be popular but paying that much for a quartz is just too much. Maybe you can add a bit more and get an automatic Tag instead.

If you look around other brands, that 70k can get you two Swiss watches with automatic ETA movements. You can look at Hamilton, Tissot, Certina, Steinhart, Squale, Archimede, Glycine, etc.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Mahal ba omega speedmaster for ₱110k? Obviously not brwnd new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kung Moonwatch yan, oks na yan for that price.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Go for the Hydroconquest. Tag's Formula1 series may be popular but paying that much for a quartz is just too much. Maybe you can add a bit more and get an automatic Tag instead.

If you look around other brands, that 70k can get you two Swiss watches with automatic ETA movements. You can look at Hamilton, Tissot, Certina, Steinhart, Squale, Archimede, Glycine, etc.
    I love the look of those vintage look Steinharts with the old radium lume. Unfortunately, Steinhart Phl will not honor the warranty of watches bought elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    If it's the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch, it sounds fair.

Just ask/check with the seller:

i. Has it been serviced (assuming it's more than 5 years old)?

ii. Does it come with the box and documentation (manuals, tags, warranty certificate)

iii. Everything working (chronograph function)?

Also, ask for an up close pic, or if the seller can provide pics should there be any dings, scratches etc. (you can have these buffed out naman)

The near naked Speedmaster watches (no box, papers) go for anywhere between Php 80k to 100k depending on the condition of the watch.
    Is there a speedmaster regular? How would I know if it's a moonwatch?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kung Moonwatch yan, oks na yan for that price.
    Paano ko malalaman na Moonwatch?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Is there a speedmaster regular? How would I know if it's a moonwatch?

Look at the caseback

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Look at the caseback

If it's not, how much should it be?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    If it's not, how much should it be?

If it's a speedmaster racing (smaller and coloured second hand) around 80k pre owned. But you can see the difference immediately. There are pics online you can use as reference.

Here's a pic of the Moonwatch...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    This one is the Speedmaster Racing...

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]