New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 366 of 678 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    ^thanks, but not my haggling skills. CE is known for giving one of the best deals, as pointed out by some of the forumers here. I heard that you can find even better deals in online shops of PWC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    actually, most watch stores offer "discounts" from their sticker price.
    except SM.
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    actually, most watch stores offer "discounts" from their sticker price.
    except SM.
    heh heh.
    True. SM department stores offer a tepid 10% discount off the retail price of watches they sell. So if they price a normal Seiko Samurai at 22k, you're still paying around 18k or about 4k more than the actual market price of the watch.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^very true. After I bought this, I went with wifey to browse Washington Jewelers in Festival. Same watch for P13t plus (compared to P15t plus in CE) but their discount is only 10% so still a better deal in CE. I didn’t explore other watch stores (like the ones in Ali Mall or Mega mall) since watch isn’t expensive naman. Mas mahal pa fuel papunta dun.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    SM doesn’t carry Orient. Orient is not a brand normally sold in dept. stores unlike Seiko or Citizen. Wala sa Landmark, Robinson’s or SM. Only known watch botiques sell this.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    SM doesn’t carry Orient. Orient is not a brand normally sold in dept. stores unlike Seiko or Citizen. Wala sa Landmark, Robinson’s or SM. Only known watch botiques sell this.

Is there some weight to it? I mean, doesn't feela like those non branded watches na magaan?

Marami pa sila ibang models doon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Nice watches bloowolf and Spincycle 👌

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Is there some weight to it? I mean, doesn't feela like those non branded watches na magaan?

Marami pa sila ibang models doon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pareho tayo. Heft (weight) is one of the things I look for in a watch kasi tingin ko pag may weight, quality sya. Besides, Orient is a brand I am familiar with in my youth. Nagulat lang ako na di pala sya mahal, maganda pa. Like I said in an earlier post. I was overwhelmed with the choices in CE. Di pa kasi ako familiar sa Mako & Ray models at yung differences nung 1, 2 or 3. I went there aiming to buy the Open Heart pero di bagay sakin so Sales Person said the newest is the Mako 3. Wifey said they had all the 8 models of the new one. I just chose this because at 44mm, looks better on my wrist (I have big hands).

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Do they have Orient Star there din?

ORIENT STAR: Mechanical Contemporary Watch, Metal Strap - 41.5mm (JC1B) | ORIENT Watch Global Site medyo pricey so its best to hold and wear it before buying

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fleas2016; January 19th, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    seiko owns orient. but it seems, seiko allows orient to do its thing.
    perhaps there is more to it than we imagine.

i got one of the last orient stars. when i went back a few weeks later, wala na lahat.
    lucky me.

errr...
    the orient stars there before, were basic models, with only the power reserve indicator and the date, as extras.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by fleas2016 View Post
    Do they have Orient Star there din?

ORIENT STAR: Mechanical Contemporary Watch, Metal Strap - 41.5mm (JC1B) | ORIENT Watch Global Site medyo pricey so its best to hold and wear it before buying

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yes, they also have quite a few Orient Stars there.
    Don’t look at the Orient watch Global. They are not updated. Look at the Orient Watch Japan site. All the new models are there.

Last edited by bloowolf; January 19th, 2019 at 11:39 AM.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]