New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 342 of 678 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Agree, wearing counterfeit is just to show off. Kahit convince mo pa sarili mo na Hinde yun ang intention mo but unconsciously yun want to project na original suot mo.

Kahit automatic meron din mga na mura lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speaking of murang automatic, nakita ko itong automatic watch ng xiaomi. Ciga ang name. May nakakita na ba nito personally?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Speaking of murang automatic, nakita ko itong automatic watch ng xiaomi. Ciga ang name. May nakakita na ba nito personally?
    If you want an affordable and reliable automatic, you can't go wrong with Seiko or Orient or Citizen.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A brand is a promise. Of a certain level of quality and for luxury items, prestige. Patronizing a company that profits from the pursuit of giving the impression of that other company's promise is an injustice imho.

If they are good enough to make passable copies of the original, they should be good enough to make something they can really call their own.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bro I don't agree with the analogy. If you buy cheaper parts (i.e. Depo headlights vs orig), it's usually because you want to get the same acceptable function without the higher cost.

I'd say this is more analogous to getting a Seiko Sea Urchin (7k) vs a Submariner (450k). The Sea Urchin is not finished as opulently as a Sub but it tells time, has a robust automatic movement, and is rated for several hundred meters underwater.

Getting a fake watch is just like getting fake Brembo calipers.

Kunyari naka-Brembo, hindi naman pala. Mas okay pang nag-Project Mu pads kaysa pinatungan ng Brembo calipers yung stock brakes mo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Your depo light vs orig is what im thinking about.
    Same functionality differebt price. Another is air filters. Yes, they are not the same quality but it can do its job provided you know when to replace them,which is sooner than normal.

Im just speaking through experience here tbh.
    I always wanted a gshock (elem days when gshock was the thing) but price was not acceptable since it will be just damaged by carelessness back in the day plus it is considered unnecessary. But as kids, we always had that one thing that we like and wont get over with no matter what. Parents bought over a somewhat respectable copy and it cured my itch back. But never did i "pinagyabang" na orig sya and im always telling everyone who asked that they are just copies.
    Did i get the full experience, no, will i remember the experience when i was a child if they bought the real ones, no as well. But it did cure my itch.
    Until i bought a real one on my own money.

Did my parents do the wrong thing by buying a copy one back in the day? No, but i see their logic behind it and it makes sense that's why i said that it is alright buying a copy one as long as you are aware of it and not to pass it as the genuwayn one. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

I guess im a minority here as most here are watch connoisseur and feel strongly about the topic which i really get din naman.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Kung hindi kaya original, huwag na bumili ng fake. Bili nalang nun pasok sa budget basta original

Kung gusto pang araw araw, maraming brands na hindi fake na matibay at maganda. Na kahit magasgas hindi panghihinayangan.

Like g-shock 3k to 5k makakabili ka na. Tells time, day, date, with WT, SW, etc

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by c_cube; December 13th, 2018 at 03:14 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Your depo light vs orig is what im thinking about.
    Same functionality differebt price. Another is air filters. Yes, they are not the same quality but it can do its job provided you know when to replace them,which is sooner than normal.

Im just speaking through experience here tbh.
    I always wanted a gshock (elem days when gshock was the thing) but price was not acceptable since it will be just damaged by carelessness back in the day plus it is considered unnecessary. But as kids, we always had that one thing that we like and wont get over with no matter what. Parents bought over a somewhat respectable copy and it cured my itch back. But never did i "pinagyabang" na orig sya and im always telling everyone who asked that they are just copies.
    Did i get the full experience, no, will i remember the experience when i was a child if they bought the real ones, no as well. But it did cure my itch.
    Until i bought a real one on my own money.

Did my parents do the wrong thing by buying a copy one back in the day? No, but i see their logic behind it and it makes sense that's why i said that it is alright buying a copy one as long as you are aware of it and not to pass it as the genuwayn one. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

I guess im a minority here as most here are watch connoisseur and feel strongly about the topic which i really get din naman.

Status symbol kasi yan. Nawawalan ng prestige pag madami na meron.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005

me thinks as the value of the watch goes up so does the level of disgust/aversion to its fake variety.

3k for a gshock is a lot of money for some folks and just to give the watch to their kid? they’d find something cheaper. unfortunately not all of them know how to look. basta mukhang orig at matibay pwede na What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tsupermario View Post
    me thinks as the value of the watch goes up so does the level of disgust/aversion to its fake variety.

3k for a gshock is a lot of money for some folks and just to give the watch to their kid? they’d find something cheaper. unfortunately not all of them know how to look. basta mukhang orig at matibay pwede na What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]
    No one can blame them. You spent years trying to acquire the costly watch that you've been dreaming only to see it on the banketa and it is near perfect copy. Iinit talaga ulo mo.

Sa kiddos talaga, details are not that important.

-----------------

Back to my car analogy. Rota comes to mind as well. Afaik they built their company by copying designs and being an oem at some point. (Correct me if im wrong). Copy yes. But at least may quality.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    No one can blame them. You spent years trying to acquire the costly watch that you've been dreaming only to see it on the banketa and it is near perfect copy. Iinit talaga ulo mo.

Sa kiddos talaga, details are not that important.

-----------------

Back to my car analogy. Rota comes to mind as well. Afaik they built their company by copying designs and being an oem at some point. (Correct me if im wrong). Copy yes. But at least may quality.

But copying design is technically different from copying the exact model and presenting it as original sir chronicle.

Halimbawa, sa fashion industry, walang IPR dyan. Pwede mo gayahin yung usong style, but present it as your own brand.

Nung elementary/HS days ko, nauso yung "topsider" shoes. Syempre ang pinakasikat at branded nun ay yung Sperry. Boat shoes pala tawag dun. Dahil di kaya ng budget namin nun, sa Swatch shoes bagsak ko. Ganun ang style pero di pekeng Sperry.

Parang sa Raon, dati bibili ka ng "component". Mura lahat. Ang huli tatanungin sayo ng tindero/technician, "Sir ano gusto nyong brand? Sony? Sharp? Aiwa? JVC? Toshiba?" Tapos bubuksan drawer iba-ibang emblem ng brands na ididikit sa "component" mo.

(BTW let me just commend all the ladies and gentlemen here. Wala napipikon. Many are passionate about watches. Meron, sabi nga ni Chronicle, minority. Pero healthy and mature discussion lang . Which is what this should be...)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I personally don't think that's nakakainit ng ulo. You know within yourself that you have a legit luxury watch and it's never gonna be the same as a cheap counterfeit (no matter how accurate the copy is).

Part of the allure of a luxury watch is that you have on your wrist a watch with horological and financial significance - both of which are lacking from a knockoff.

Again, the Rota Grid vs Volk TE37 is like the Seiko 5 vs Submariner. While the Grid pays homage to the Sub and its design is heavily inspired by the Rolex, it's a totally separate product in itself.

Magkaiba ang Rota Grid sa TE37 copy. The TE37 copy is an outright fake/replica.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]