New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 338 of 678 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Personally, am not a fan of fakes or replicas if you wanna call them that. Buying a replica is often done with the intent of passing it off as the real thing - which is why buyers are very particular with how accurate the copy is.

But why would you want to deceive people into thinking you have a legit Rolex when you bought a knock-off at a tenth of the price?

By definition, a luxury watch is a testament of excess. You have so much money that you don't mind spending 3 years worth of college tution fees on a watch that tells time no better than a 3k Timex.

By buying a fake, you try to send the impression of that excess without really having it.

If you like the timepiece because of its movement and horology, a replica certainly won't carry the same pedigree. If you like the timepiece because of its design, there are many legit watches at lower pricepoints that are good homages to the iconic designs of the more expensive ones. If you want a quality watch but honestly are not willing to spend for the top brands, there are many midrange Swiss and Jap watches that are good in their own right as well.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Good points. One reason why we should avoid buying replicas (fakes) is that buying them finances the shady underworld (yes, criminal)of producing and selling fake goods. It's also likely that these organizations are into other illegal activities like racketeering or human trafficking.

Another one is that wearing, say, a fake Rolex, PAM or any other fake watch ruins the experience of wearing the real deal.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    For me, you are not deceiving others. You are actually deceiving yourself.

I have this mantra, "if I can't afford it, I won't have it"

What's the point of having a fake Rolex tapos pag upo mo sa starbucks hihingi ka lang ng tubig kasi kahit sa presyong kape namamahalan ka.

A person who buys fake only fools himself. I'd rather buy a no brand watch knowing it's real value than pretend I have a luxury watch pero yung life ko di pang luxury.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, deceiving yourself is even worse.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kasi importante sa ibang tao mag-project ng image

maari sa experience nila people treat them better when they're seen as "rich"

nasiyahan sila sa feeling so there's no going back

kung kailangan mag short-cut mag-sho-short-cut sila

naalala ko ung sa news... ung driver na nag carnap sa LC200 ng amo niya

sarap daw ng feeling

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    my reaction to this WTF what do u gain by cheating in a marathon?

the whole point in joining a marathon is to find out if you can finish it and it feels great if you did and it feels even better if you beat your personal time

but i guess mas importante para sa ibang tao ang maipakita sa ibang tao na nakatapos sila ng marathon kahit hindi totoo

Shenzhen Half Marathon Cheating - Cheating in Races
    A half marathon in China made international news for all the wrong reasons: Hundreds of participants were caught cheating at the Shenzhen Half Marathon on November 25.

it's the same thing buying fake luxury goods

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's sad that people look at you (your skin, your clothes, your shoes, your car, your watch etc) and conclude in less than a second kung ano ang katayuan mo sa lipunan

it's that sad people will only treat you nice when you look rich or sosy but that's the way it is

nakaka-adik ung feeling so people do what they can to maintain an image so they'll be treated nice all the time

kung hindi kaya ng budget gagawa ng paraan

-

fake luxury goods kinda like buying fake diploma sa recto
    Last edited by uls; December 12th, 2018 at 12:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Fake it, 'till you make it" sinabi sa akin ng isang negro sa CA when I compllmented his watch or was it his shoes. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I also don’t buy fakes or replicas. Tama talaga kasabihan na if you can’t afford it don’t buy it yet. Kaya ako masayang masaya na sa Seiko Prospex. Someday magkakaron rin ako ng Rolex Submariner. Hehe! What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    "Fake it, 'till you make it" sinabi sa akin ng isang negro sa CA when I compllmented his watch or was it his shoes. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

yeah fake it til you make it

ung iba they adopt that mindset... ung looking and acting rich

coz thoughts become things and if they keep up that Looking & Acting Rich thing they'll attract wealth ala The Secret Rhonda Byrne where unseen forces in the universe will give you what you always think

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yeah fake it til you make it

ung iba they adopt that mindset... ung looking and acting rich

coz thoughts become things and if they keep up that Looking & Acting Rich thing they'll attract wealth ala The Secret Rhonda Byrne where unseen forces in the universe will give you what you always think
    If they become successful, it becomes a "faked it til I made it" story.

If sumablay, it becomes a lesson on "living within your means".

In my experience, mas marami yung sumasablay - kinakain ng materialism, nababaon sa utang, showoff sa Facebook, etc.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

Yup

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]