New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 313 of 678 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    just saw this thread, i am an old fart and 1 advise to you guys, if you have the money, buy only rolex or patek. been there. only rolex i have held value and all actually have appreciated in price (sports model ony, the datejust do not). almost all other watches after 5 years have lost half of their value (except a few of course). case in point, 1998 rolex 16613 bought for 200k, now my friends want it for 400k and i am not budging. to think i have used it for 20 years! the kermit i have 2005 D series was 270k then, now it is 650K in the market used. just got a 116710LN and after 2 years it has appreciated. The only regret i have selling was the nautilus 5711.sold it for less than 1m, now it is in the high 2.5m. Now other watch brands, in due time they depreciate. Panerai was so hot a few years back. lost its luster. Iwc can hold its value, depreciates less but does not appreciate. Iba pa din pag R at P. save early.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by evets62 View Post
    just saw this thread, i am an old fart and 1 advise to you guys, if you have the money, buy only rolex or patek. been there. only rolex i have held value and all actually have appreciated in price (sports model ony, the datejust do not). almost all other watches after 5 years have lost half of their value (except a few of course). case in point, 1998 rolex 16613 bought for 200k, now my friends want it for 400k and i am not budging. to think i have used it for 20 years! the kermit i have 2005 D series was 270k then, now it is 650K in the market used. just got a 116710LN and after 2 years it has appreciated. The only regret i have selling was the nautilus 5711.sold it for less than 1m, now it is in the high 2.5m. Now other watch brands, in due time they depreciate. Panerai was so hot a few years back. lost its luster. Iwc can hold its value, depreciates less but does not appreciate. Iba pa din pag R at P. save early.
    What if you're not after value retention/appreciation? What if you buy a watch simply because you like it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    20 years of waiting, to let it appreciate in value...
    by that time, i probably wouldn't want to sell it anymore, as it's already part of me and my sartorial habit.

ipa-mana ko na lang sa anak or apo ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    + 1 wise words

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What if you're not after value retention/appreciation? What if you buy a watch simply because you like it?

I would say yes bro.

I say buy whatever watch you like, kahit Filippo Loreti pa yan. Besides people don't actually care what watxh we are wearing. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    I would say yes bro.

I say buy whatever watch you like, kahit Filippo Loreti pa yan. Besides people don't actually care what watxh we are wearing. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Exactly. You buy a watch for your personal satisfaction - which differs from person to person. Some people find satisfaction in knowing that the watch they bought brand new will sell for a higher price down the road. Others will simply be captivated by a watch's aesthetics, historical significance, or craftsmanship - and won't mind whether it depreciates or not. Still others will buy a watch just to shout to the world that they're of a particular status.

Bottomline - to each his own. There's no single correct path to watch collecting.

On another note, grabe makapag advertise yang Filippo Loreti na yan on FB. It's probably gonna be the next DW. I wouldn't have cared but I'm really irked by their clickbait taglines ($1000 watch for $250? Unbelieveable!). It certainly doesn't look like it's worth $1000 or even $250. Pero I'm sure may market pa rin niyan - it just wouldn't topple the luxury watch industry as they claim.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Anyone have Squales here? Thoughts on the brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Exactly. You buy a watch for your personal satisfaction - which differs from person to person. Some people find satisfaction in knowing that the watch they bought brand new will sell for a higher price down the road. Others will simply be captivated by a watch's aesthetics, historical significance, or craftsmanship - and won't mind whether it depreciates or not. Still others will buy a watch just to shout to the world that they're of a particular status.

Bottomline - to each his own. There's no single correct path to watch collecting.

On another note, grabe makapag advertise yang Filippo Loreti na yan on FB. It's probably gonna be the next DW. I wouldn't have cared but I'm really irked by their clickbait taglines ($1000 watch for $250? Unbelieveable!). It certainly doesn't look like it's worth $1000 or even $250. Pero I'm sure may market pa rin niyan - it just wouldn't topple the luxury watch industry as they claim.

Correct bro!

To each their own purpose. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

As for Filippo Loreti, i checked out the reviews and mejo disappointing yung ibang reviews.

Yes, may market sila, parang MVMT lang, 90% advertising 10% product quality. Heck, they can go all out on their markering but they still lack "that" one thing in which the luxury watch market is and was built upon, and that is heritage.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    No offense sir evets. Rolex and Patek are really good brands. And they do hold or appreciate value.

As a WIS, that might be the goal of many.

But watches come and go and have different purpose not just for value.

What if I'm a mountaineer and would want to use an ABC watch for its function? I wouldn't want to wear my Rolex during a climb.

Or if I'm a runner who want to monitor distance and heart rate. Patek won't work for that. Plus it will be too heavy for running.

Point is, watch has different purpose to the user. And it is the user who will decide whether he will buy the watch for the heritage, function, value, as investment, or whatever purpose he wants his watch to function.

The BinLaden watch is ideal for its purpose. Imagine a Rolex just to trigger a bomb. That will be a waste of money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]