New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 219 of 678 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    para masulit mga relo nyo eh dapat suot dalawa sa kaliwa at isa sa kanan.....

astig yun.....

kaysa naman nakatago lang sa aparador....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    41.5k for full servicing of a Speedmaster? What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Although that does nullify the common misconception that a Reduced is costlier to service than a Pro. Both are actually ridiculously expensive if done in Omega Service Center.

Also bro, if you happen to know, does the basic servicing already cover bezel insert replacement? I tried reading the fine print but both partial and full servicing don't explicitly indicate that bezel replacement and removal of dings from the case is included.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yeah bro they are pretty steep. It gets even sillier when you realize the service costs a substantial percentage of the watch's residual value.

Re: service inclusions I'll have to check with the local OSC.

The good thing about Omega's older calibers is that most good watchmakers can work on them. That makes service a lot cheaper.

The only thing in the way is their recent policy of narrowing their parts distribution to a few independents. Probably good for the brand's value, but not good for our pockets. 😫

If you need parts I could pm you a couple of companies who may be able to help, but eventually when their inventory dries up, there will be no choice but to go to OSC.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good process bro! So far what's working for me is looking at everything I need to spend on in the next 12 months to get a hard dose of reality. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Btw is your Tag Carrera complete with box and papers? I have a friend looking to buy a Carrera bnew. If yours is minty enough, I might be able to make her reconsider. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

I think guys place the same thought process when it comes to cars and car parts (including the crying over missed deals part) :D

Re. the Tag Carrera, i'll go over the package later to verify i still have everything (box, case, extra links, cards and OR from the store), and seek clearance from higher ups. Will drop you a line on this.

*Wh1st3er, by chance you can source an original steel bracelet for the Speedy Pro 1863?

On service costs, perhaps it's pretty much like keeping an old EU car it: You may spend more relative to the value of the car but the ownership experience makes up for it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I think guys place the same thought process when it comes to cars and car parts (including the crying over missed deals part) :D

Re. the Tag Carrera, i'll go over the package later to verify i still have everything (box, case, extra links, cards and OR from the store), and seek clearance from higher ups. Will drop you a line on this.

*Wh1st3er, by chance you can source an original steel bracelet for the Speedy Pro 1863?

On service costs, perhaps it's pretty much like keeping an old EU car it: You may spend more relative to the value of the car but the ownership experience makes up for it.
    Cars and car parts Lang? How about girls? 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Woot woot.

This is the model I was just showing to my better half a while ago (2018 goal).

I have a mid to latter 2000s Tag Carrera Calibre 5 which has remained unopened but this year I'm thinking of having it checked/serviced since it's already 10 years old.
    I had suspected before, but have now confirmed your impeccable taste bro.

Wow. A NOS Carrera. Why haven't you used it? If you plan to use it I guess taking it to a watchmaker is prudent. But if you plan to sell, I imagine a lot of Tag fans will drool at a older untouched NOS Carrera.

Yes, it is a cash draining hobby if you're liquid and go up snatching the good deals you see. What some friends do is they have their "for keeps" items, and they have some pieces to play around with (with a strict rule of not buying unless they unload a certain piece). In my case, I stick to a rotation of pieces that I've acquired over the years for certain uses that revolves around my workweek and weekends; plus one for the beach/pangharabas. Once i decide to obtain a piece, it's a process that will stretch for several months (researching, searching, waiting for a good deal to come along, missing the good deal, crying to guy buddies and wife over missing it, searching again, etc. ); thus given I'm looking at a PO for 2018, i'll put up the option to unload my Tag Carrera and then keep in touch with friends for a fair deal to come along.
    Man, the process sounds a lot more fun than the buying part.

Sure bro. Will send you a PM later. Make sure to compare the prices with OSC's though.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Cars and car parts Lang? How about girls? ��
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stick to one tayo mga pards, but nonetheless never ending process of learning and haggling din yan which still involves a lot of crying inbetween.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

Wow. A NOS Carrera. Why haven't you used it? If you plan to use it I guess taking it to a watchmaker is prudent. But if you plan to sell, I imagine a lot of Tag fans will drool at a older untouched NOS Carrera.

Man, the process sounds a lot more fun than the buying part.

Sure bro. Will send you a PM later. Make sure to compare the prices with OSC's though.
    It's just like a project car, the fun part is in the chase/build.

Sorry, i did not mean to mislead, i meant that the Carrera is used (2x to 3x a week in fact) but unmolested that i have not opened it up for servicing from the time i obtained it from the previous owner (as so far i have not seen a need to).

Believe me, the crying part really takes up most of the time.
    Last edited by vinj; January 3rd, 2018 at 06:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Yeah bro they are pretty steep. It gets even sillier when you realize the service costs a substantial percentage of the watch's residual value.

Re: service inclusions I'll have to check with the local OSC.

The good thing about Omega's older calibers is that most good watchmakers can work on them. That makes service a lot cheaper.

The only thing in the way is their recent policy of narrowing their parts distribution to a few independents. Probably good for the brand's value, but not good for our pockets. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

If you need parts I could pm you a couple of companies who may be able to help, but eventually when their inventory dries up, there will be no choice but to go to OSC.
    Speaking of servicing, should you immediately send a newly purchased preowned watch for servicing if you don't know its service history?

I ask because my Speedy is still keeping perfect time but as the Hodinkee article says, keeping time is not a definitive indicator of a watch's need for servicing.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Speaking of servicing, should you immediately send a newly purchased preowned watch for servicing if you don't know its service history?

I ask because my Speedy is still keeping perfect time but as the Hodinkee article says, keeping time is not a definitive indicator of a watch's need for servicing.

My service maintenance booklet din ba ang luxury watches bro? To your question, I wouldnt have it serviced as long as it tells the correct time. Unlike pre-owned car where there is safety risk if you do not know the history.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Hiram kay erpat

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    Hiram kay erpat

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    ...salivating, me!

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]