New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 218 of 678 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    looks clean🤓

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It doesn't usually look like that. It spends most of its time under a microfiber cover. j/k

Thought I'd post OSC's local rates:

Basic partial repair:

Full service:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    It doesn't usually look like that. It spends most of its time under a microfiber cover. j/k

Thought I'd post OSC's local rates:

Basic partial repair:

Full service:

41.5k for full servicing of a Speedmaster? What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Although that does nullify the common misconception that a Reduced is costlier to service than a Pro. Both are actually ridiculously expensive if done in Omega Service Center.

Also bro, if you happen to know, does the basic servicing already cover bezel insert replacement? I tried reading the fine print but both partial and full servicing don't explicitly indicate that bezel replacement and removal of dings from the case is included.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 2nd, 2018 at 08:57 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    eye opener 🤓 so a rolex oil change is more challenging 🤓. 2018 with bang 😅

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Happy new year watch freaks!

Took the Planet Ocean for Alex (the Rolex guy) to look at in his shop in GB1. Amplitude is still good (290) and rate is +5/day. Not bad for a 5 year old watch. Alex advised me to hold off on getting a service for now.

Haven't gotten a service from him yet but from the way he talks to customers, handles watches and how the shop looks I think I will be going to him from now on. Seems a lot more professional and systematic than the other independents. How I wish he had an Omega parts account!
    Woot woot.

This is the model I was just showing to my better half a while ago (2018 goal).

I have a mid to latter 2000s Tag Carrera Calibre 5 which has remained unopened but this year I'm thinking of having it checked/serviced since it's already 10 years old.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    What's your take on 2-tone watches?

Steel and Gold?

Steel and Everose Gold?
    yes.
    pang-matanda.

kapag nakita sa pulso ng nakababata... "reloj ni lolo, pinamana!"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    yes.
    pang-matanda.

kapag nakita sa pulso ng nakababata... "reloj ni lolo, pinamana!"
    Hahaha lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Woot woot.

This is the model I was just showing to my better half a while ago (2018 goal).

I have a mid to latter 2000s Tag Carrera Calibre 5 which has remained unopened but this year I'm thinking of having it checked/serviced since it's already 10 years old.
    Sakto bro ah, may PO na kakapost lang sa Omega FB group. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hay. This watch hobby can really tempt you to spend irresponsibly on something that you don't need at all.

I guess what makes luxury watches so enticing is that unlike sports cars that are really out of budget, a Rolex or even an AP can actually be purchased by anyone with a fair bit of savings. Of course, it's utterly impractical considering a Daytona already costs more than what the average Filipino earns in a year, and that a Submariner costs 5000% more than a Seiko Sea Urchin yet they look the same to the average joe, but when you immerse long enough in the watch forums you'd think that you need to have this watch or that.

It's quite fun reading and learning about watches but it really takes a lot of self-discipline to just appreciate and not want to buy them. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Last edited by jut703; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:28 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, it is a cash draining hobby if you're liquid and go up snatching the good deals you see. What some friends do is they have their "for keeps" items, and they have some pieces to play around with (with a strict rule of not buying unless they unload a certain piece). In my case, I stick to a rotation of pieces that I've acquired over the years for certain uses that revolves around my workweek and weekends; plus one for the beach/pangharabas. Once i decide to obtain a piece, it's a process that will stretch for several months (researching, searching, waiting for a good deal to come along, missing the good deal, crying to guy buddies and wife over missing it, searching again, etc. ); thus given I'm looking at a PO for 2018, i'll put up the option to unload my Tag Carrera and then keep in touch with friends for a fair deal to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Sakto bro ah, may PO na kakapost lang sa Omega FB group.
    I was actually supposed to comment that you may know what particular PO i may have been showing to my better half.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yes, it is a cash draining hobby if you're liquid and go up snatching the good deals you see. What some friends do is they have their "for keeps" items, and they have some pieces to play around with (with a strict rule of not buying unless they unload a certain piece). In my case, I stick to a rotation of pieces that I've acquired over the years for certain uses that revolves around my workweek and weekends; plus one for the beach/pangharabas. Once i decide to obtain a piece, it's a process that will stretch for several months (researching, searching, waiting for a good deal to come along, missing the good deal, crying to guy buddies and wife over missing it, searching again, etc. ); thus given I'm looking at a PO for 2018, i'll put up the option to unload my Tag Carrera and then keep in touch with friends for a fair deal to come along.

I was actually supposed to comment that you may know what particular PO i may have been showing to my better half.
    Good process bro! So far what's working for me is looking at everything I need to spend on in the next 12 months to get a hard dose of reality. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Btw is your Tag Carrera complete with box and papers? I have a friend looking to buy a Carrera bnew. If yours is minty enough, I might be able to make her reconsider. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]