New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 215 of 678 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    coz there are people (parents) who don't care about prestige

they don't really care what school they send their kids to

basta magtapos sa pagaaral pwede na

ang world view nila is nasa diskarte ng tao ang pag asenso hindi kung saan nag graduate and they can draw from numerous examples of madiskarteng pinoys to reinforce their world view

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

ang world view nila is nasa diskarte ng tao ang pag asenso hindi kung saan nag graduate and they can draw from numerous examples of madiskarteng pinoys to reinforce their world view

That I can relate to. No matter which school you came from, no matter which social class you came out of, it's what you'll do for the comapny or where you're going. I have seen top engineers on board exams but so destitute economically. I have seen people who never finished college who became bosses of MBA graduates. School smart is different from business or life smart. Choose the battles you you you can win.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    That I can relate to. No matter which school you came from, no matter which social class you came out of, it's what you'll do for the comapny or where you're going. I have seen top engineers on board exams but so destitute economically. I have seen people who never finished college who became bosses of MBA graduates. School smart is different from business or life smart. Choose the battles you you you can win.
    You're looking at individual outliers. I think it's safe to say that on the average, a UP grad has better opportunities than an STI grad.

If you have the opportunity to improve your odds, why not take it?

This is OT already, if you wish to continue this discussion, I'll be happy to indulge you in this thread:
    Does school really matter?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    simula nauso cellphone eh halos nawala na mga watch vendor....

naappreciate ko lang relo pag leather ang strap and some seiko...... para ako baby..... kung cute tingnan eh syempre magandahan ako... kung baga sa mata ng baby eh hindi pamahalan and walang pataasan ng ihi.

may reunion ako pinuntahan..... yung katabi ko wala ako kamalay-malay rolex pala suot(may pumuna kasi kaya napagusapan) eh mukha naman tasa nilagyan ng strap.....

- - - - - -

dati nagtrip ako.....meron pa kami subscription ng readers digest..... eh may libre relo na fake leather strap.....

sinuot ko sa isang kasal...... pucha tinanong ako mga barkada ko.... eh wala din alam sa relo mga yun kagaya ko.... ganda raw eh..... hahahahah.....

nasa nagdadala talaga...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    simula nauso cellphone eh halos nawala na mga watch vendor....

naappreciate ko lang relo pag leather ang strap and some seiko...... para ako baby..... kung cute tingnan eh syempre magandahan ako... kung baga sa mata ng baby eh hindi pamahalan and walang pataasan ng ihi.

may reunion ako pinuntahan..... yung katabi ko wala ako kamalay-malay rolex pala suot(may pumuna kasi kaya napagusapan) eh mukha naman tasa nilagyan ng strap.....

- - - - - -

dati nagtrip ako.....meron pa kami subscription ng readers digest..... eh may libre relo na fake leather strap.....

sinuot ko sa isang kasal...... pucha tinanong ako mga barkada ko.... eh wala din alam sa relo mga yun kagaya ko.... ganda raw eh..... hahahahah.....

nasa nagdadala talaga...
    So magaling ka magdala? Patingin naman. Full body pic para makita kung pano ka manamit at magdala ng relo. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    The question is why would their parents allow it? (send them to a cheaper school and give them lots of money on hobby)
    one possibility is that the school does not like the applicant student.
    that is why the student has to settle for his second-choice school.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

it's like this.
    the diploma from the good school opens the door of opportunity.
    what the graduate does once the door opens, is entirely up to him.

i'd wish my kid could get in the good school, because it's not easy to carve out another door, nor go to the back and squeeze oneself thru the small window.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    one possibility is that the school does not like the applicant student.
    that is why the student has to settle for his second-choice school.
    ... or 3rd choice, or 4th choice, or 5th choice... :D

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    ... or 3rd choice, or 4th choice, or 5th choice... :D
    correct, sir.
    ...down the line...

but let us not get these kids wrong!
    some of them are bright. it is just that, they may not have been encouraged enough, or given the appropriate opportunity or stimulus.

tekateka...
    watch thread ito!
    Last edited by dr. d; January 2nd, 2018 at 12:36 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Mahal pala ang grand seiko. Hahahaha

For that price, you can get a rolex. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]