New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 212 of 678 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Hahahaha

I wear a jorg gray/grey jg6500 as a daily.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    holy barack!!

but it is somewhat enlightening that a number of us presidents/ex-presidents, use timex.

what do our local equivalents use?
    alam ko lang si marcos. rolex president.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 31st, 2017 at 04:21 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    holy barack!!
    Dami na ngang gasgas eh. Reretire na rin soon like Pres. Barack.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes. It's the entry-level luxury watch. Sa kotse pa, 1 series or a class. And the price tags of those cars are not to be scoffed at.

True, produced in limited numbers makes it more coveted among the super rich and watch enthusiasts thus, increasing their perceived value. But to the commoner, it's value is no more than that of a fossil or timex watch as long as it serves their purpose.

Funny no?

I would agree that a Rolex is somewhat akin to a BMW in the sense that it's high-end luxury for the masses and entry-level luxury for the rich, and is ultimately a globally recognizable brand.

But 1-series? Perhaps not. I will argue that a Submariner is more comparable to a 3-series - affordable for the rich, an achievable grail for the masses, and a universally renowned classic.

The Daytona, probably a 5-series, with the rarer ones akin to an M5. Not the most expensive chrono in the world, but easily the most sought after.

If there was a Rolex closest to a 1-series, might be the Airking, but even then, it's the convertible 1-series and not the forgettable hatch because at the end of the day, all Rolexes are good watches, they just happen to be ubiquitous and over-marketed.

Omega? Probably closest to Audi. Famous but not universally so, yet still makes good watches. Can be matched with a Rolex but often viewed as slightly inferior, just as BMW and Audi are mentioned in the same breath but almost always in favor of Munich than Ingolstadt.

Seiko, obviously Toyota, with the GS as Lexus.

These are all in the Philippine context of course. First world countries often compare Omegas to Porsches with the Pro as the 911 and the Reduced as the Boxster. Perhaps because both 911 and Boxster are actually attainable grails for the majority of them, while I bet most Filipinos, even the upper middle class, will have difficulty getting a 911 in their lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; December 31st, 2017 at 04:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Most expensive watch ever auctioned (not commissioned) is a Rolex Daytona.

Most expensive wristwatch ever auctioned just fetched $17.8 million - Oct. 27, 217

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I would agree that a Rolex is somewhat akin to a BMW in the sense that it's high-end luxury for the masses and entry-level luxury for the rich, and is ultimately a globally recognizable brand.

But 1-series? Perhaps not. I will argue that a Submariner is more comparable to a 3-series - affordable for the rich, an achievable grail for the masses, and a universally renowned classic.

The Daytona, probably a 5-series, with the rarer ones akin to an M5. Not the most expensive chrono in the world, but easily the most sought after.

If there was a Rolex closest to a 1-series, might be the Airking, but even then, it's the convertible 1-series and not the forgettable hatch because at the end of the day, all Rolexes are good watches, they just happen to be ubiquitous and over-marketed.

Omega? Probably closest to Audi. Famous but not universally so, yet still makes good watches. Can be matched with a Rolex but often viewed as slightly inferior, just as BMW and Audi are mentioned in the same breath but almost always in favor of Munich than Ingolstadt.

Seiko, obviously Toyota, with the GS as Lexus.

These are all in the Philippine context of course. First world countries often compare Omegas to Porsches with the Pro as the 911 and the Reduced as the Boxster. Perhaps because both 911 and Boxster are actually attainable grails for the majority of them, while I bet most Filipinos, even the upper middle class, will have difficulty getting a 911 in their lifetime.

Oops. Wasn't able to edit the 1 series and a class section. But yes sir, you are correct.

Can't post the screencap here but you can google the watch hierarchy.

T1 - AP, PP, and VC
    T2 - AL&S, Breguet
    T3 - rolex, richard mille and etc.
    T4 - cartier and etc.
    T5 - omega, iwc
    T6 - tag, oris

Do you agree?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Most expensive watch ever auctioned (not commissioned) is a Rolex Daytona.

Most expensive wristwatch ever auctioned just fetched $17.8 million - Oct. 27, 217

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Man o man.

Time to buy a daytona. Hahaha

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Oops. Wasn't able to edit the 1 series and a class section. But yes sir, you are correct.

Can't post the screencap here but you can google the watch hierarchy.

T1 - AP, PP, and VC
    T2 - AL&S, Breguet
    T3 - rolex, richard mille and etc.
    T4 - cartier and etc.
    T5 - omega, iwc
    T6 - tag, oris

Do you agree?

Nope. Hierarchies are very subjective. Everyone has different Holy Trinities.

Every chart you look at will have different classifications. There are general distinctions (obviously PP is higher than Oris for example), but too many tiers makes it too subjective.

Personally I would just segregate as high-end luxury (PP, ALS, VC, AP, etc), mainstream luxury (Rolex, IWC, Panerai, Omega, GS, etc), entry level luxury (Tag Heuer, Oris, Hamilton, Longines, etc) and daily watches (Seiko, Orient, Casio, etc).

Of course, this talks about watch brands in general. A Paul Newman Daytona costs more than an average PP Nautilus or AP ROO, a 62MAS reissue costs more than an Aquaracer, and so on.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope. Hierarchies are very subjective. Everyone has different Holy Trinities.

Every chart you look at will have different classifications. There are general distinctions (obviously PP is higher than Oris for example), but too many tiers makes it too subjective.

Personally I would just segregate as high-end luxury (PP, ALS, VC, AP, etc), mainstream luxury (Rolex, IWC, Panerai, Omega, GS, etc), entry level luxury (Tag Heuer, Oris, Hamilton, Longines, etc) and daily watches (Seiko, Orient, Casio, etc).

Of course, this talks about watch brands in general. A Paul Newman Daytona costs more than an average PP Nautilus or AP ROO, a 62MAS reissue costs more than an Aquaracer, and so on.

I see.

Very insightful. Makes sense dun sa too many levels. Nakakalito na.

True, every one-off watch is and always will be more expensive than mass-produced ones.

Man, i am learning a lot on this page.

Thanks for all the insights! Hahaha

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    if you watch for discounts... it only indicate they depreciate 😶😶😶

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I see.

Very insightful. Makes sense dun sa too many levels. Nakakalito na.

True, every one-off watch is and always will be more expensive than mass-produced ones.

Man, i am learning a lot on this page.

Thanks for all the insights! Hahaha

I would assume this is the "hierarchy" you saw?

Whoever made it couldn't even spell Patek Philippe right. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Here's a pretty lengthy roasting of that pyramid over at WUS:

Watch brands hierarchy?

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]