New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 211 of 678 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    More interesting numbers from 2016:

The top 3 most sought after models are Rolex, Rolex, Rolex. No wonder prices are creeping sky high nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; December 31st, 2017 at 01:43 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Read this somewhere.

Rolex has a 100% brand recall. So technically, everybody knows rolex.

Omega on the other hand, only has 70% brand recall. So 7/10 lang nakakaalam.

Surprisingly, the first mentioned brand by 70% of the total population of the survey mentioned rolex. Followed by a close second ng omega with 20+%

Soooo, everybody knows rolex pero not all prefer rolex.

To each his own. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Rado seems to have lost its luster somehow ano?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I still remember when a lot of watch stores sell Rado. Nowadays, parang wala na.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    I still remember when a lot of watch stores sell Rado. Nowadays, parang wala na.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    para ngang hindi masyado kita dito ang rado.
    but i still see it ... saudi OFWs and senior citizens.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 31st, 2017 at 03:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Read this somewhere.

Rolex has a 100% brand recall. So technically, everybody knows rolex.

Omega on the other hand, only has 70% brand recall. So 7/10 lang nakakaalam.

Surprisingly, the first mentioned brand by 70% of the total population of the survey mentioned rolex. Followed by a close second ng omega with 20+%

Soooo, everybody knows rolex pero not all prefer rolex.

To each his own. Hehe

rolex may certainly be up there in the charts.
    but it is certainly not the most-often-seen-on-the-wrist-watch in the malls.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    rolex may certainly be up there in the charts.
    but it is certainly not the most-often-seen-on-the-wrist-watch in the malls.
    True. So if you want everybody to notice your watch, then baka rolex para sayo.

If no, then any other watch brand would do.

Which brings me to the point na baka relative sa yaman ng country ang mga watches.

For eg. PH a 3rd world country, rolex lang alam ng karamihan. So they want a rolex. They think it's tier 1.

Compare this to let's say Japan, although sikat si rolex, they prefer tier 1 or tier 2 brands like pp, ap, al&s.

I could be wrong. Or i am wrong with this assumption. Hahaha

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    True. So if you want everybody to notice your watch, then baka rolex para sayo.

If no, then any other watch brand would do.

Which brings me to the point na baka relative sa yaman ng country ang mga watches.

For eg. PH a 3rd world country, rolex lang alam ng karamihan. So they want a rolex. They think it's tier 1.

Compare this to let's say Japan, although sikat si rolex, they prefer tier 1 or tier 2 brands like pp, ap, al&s.

I could be wrong. Or i am wrong with this assumption. Hahaha

rolex is actually among the cheaper of the so-called luxury watches.
    there are others, whose names i find difficult to pronounce and spell correctly, whose prices are akin to high-end cars'. they're mentioned in the lists above.
    but we don't see many of them, because they are manufactured in very limited numbers only, probably to promise exclusivity and bragging rights. worldwide.

but one thing they all have in common: "namamatay sila kapag hindi ginagamit o kinukuwerdasan".

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    rolex is actually among the cheaper of the so-called luxury watches.
    there are others, whose names i find difficult to pronounce and spell correctly, whose prices are akin to high-end cars'. they're mentioned in the lists above.
    but we don't see many of them, because they are manufactured in very limited numbers only, probably to promise exclusivity and bragging rights. worldwide.

but one thing they all have in common: "namamatay sila kapag hindi ginagamit o kinukuwerdasan".
    Yes. It's the entry-level luxury watch. Sa kotse pa, 1 series or a class. And the price tags of those cars are not to be scoffed at.

True, produced in limited numbers makes it more coveted among the super rich and watch enthusiasts thus, increasing their perceived value. But to the commoner, it's value is no more than that of a fossil or timex watch as long as it serves their purpose.

Funny no?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes. It's the entry-level luxury watch. Sa kotse pa, 1 series or a class. And the price tags of those cars are not to be scoffed at.

True, produced in limited numbers makes it more coveted among the super rich and watch enthusiasts thus, increasing their perceived value. But to the commoner, it's value is no more than that of a fossil or timex watch as long as it serves their purpose.

Funny no?

funny, yes.
    my current daily watch is a titanium solar, because it is light. "the original owner didn't like it, because it was too magaan. inangkin ko na lang."

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    funny, yes.
    my current daily watch is a titanium solar, because it is light. "the original owner didn't like it, because it was too magaan. inangkin ko na lang."
    Hahahaha

I wear a jorg gray/grey jg6500 as a daily.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]