New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 204 of 678 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    Guys, need your help.

Ano mas maganda for a 25 year old like me, omega speedmaster or Rolex submariner?

Sorry, mejo noob sa watches. hehe
    Magkaiba naman comparison mo, Speedmaster is chrono while Submariner is diver's.
    Ano mas type mo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sorry, hindi ako mahilig sa watches. Pero id I were 25, I would purchase the cheaper od the two and save the rest for the rainy days.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip boss. Hehe i might go with the speedmaster.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Magkaiba naman comparison mo, Speedmaster is chrono while Submariner is diver's.
    Ano mas type mo?
    Yung mas may dating. Hehe labo no? Pero yan yung criteria ko. Daytona is out of the equation kasi mahal and mejo cluttered.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yung mas may dating. Hehe labo no? Pero yan yung criteria ko. Daytona is out of the equation kasi mahal and mejo cluttered.

Mag Sea-Dweller ka

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Mag Sea-Dweller ka
    Looks like a sub. Too common. Haha

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Bro, sino ba ang target audience? Casual/sporty or dressy? Ordinary people or WIS?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Bro, sino ba ang target audience? Casual/sporty or dressy? Ordinary people or WIS?
    Casual, sporty, and can be worn with a suit.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to impress people, i just want the watch to be appreciated. Something understated preferably.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Guys, need your help.

Ano mas maganda for a 25 year old like me, omega speedmaster or Rolex submariner?

Sorry, mejo noob sa watches. hehe

Was in the same boat as you. Short answer: Speedmaster. It's what I got for myself.

But let me share a bit of a few tidbits I picked up during my search for a watch.

1. You don't need a luxury watch - it doesn't tell time any better than a cheap Seiko or a smartwatch. In this day and age, it's really just a status symbol and/or a collectible for hobbyists.

If you really like one (to the point that it's all you think about) go for it. But know that it's an indulgence rather than a need.

2. A luxury watch is a lot of money that can be spent on other things - a car, a house, a wedding. Just make sure that when you buy a watch, you don't compromise any of the more important expenditures in life. A wise word of wisdom I stumbled upon - "don't buy something you can't buy ten of".

So if you plan to buy a Submariner, it would be prudent to have 4 million lying around unused. Otherwise it seems tacky to spend so much on a watch when you could've spent it on more necessary basics.

3. Buy the watch that sings to you - you asked, "ano mas may dating?" The easy answer to that is the Rolex of course. Most non-watch people don't know the value of an Omega, but everybody knows what a Rolex is. And the Submariner is their most iconic model (along with the Daytona).

However, none of that should matter. You buy the watch that YOU like more. If you like the Speedmaster more, then go for the Speedmaster. If it's the Sub, then the Sub it is.

If you buy a watch looking to impress people, you'd be disappointed to know that 99% of people don't care. Your watch is only a small part of your overall outfit. You'd have better luck impressing people with a nice car or fancy sneakers.

Most people our age don't even know anything about watches and won't be able to differentiate between a Seiko Sea Urchin and a Rolex Sub. The only way to get noticed by non watch enthusiasts is to brandish your watch, which isn't a very classy thing to do.

That said, I wish you the best of luck in your watch shopping. I hope that you decide to spend your money on what really brings you the most happiness in the long run. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    i dunno. they all look good 🤓

image host

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; December 21st, 2017 at 05:18 PM. Reason: i dunno

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Was in the same boat as you. Short answer: Speedmaster. It's what I got for myself.

But let me share a bit of a few tidbits I picked up during my search for a watch.

1. You don't need a luxury watch - it doesn't tell time any better than a cheap Seiko or a smartwatch. In this day and age, it's really just a status symbol and/or a collectible for hobbyists.

If you really like one (to the point that it's all you think about) go for it. But know that it's an indulgence rather than a need.

2. A luxury watch is a lot of money that can be spent on other things - a car, a house, a wedding. Just make sure that when you buy a watch, you don't compromise any of the more important expenditures in life. A wise word of wisdom I stumbled upon - "don't buy something you can't buy ten of".

So if you plan to buy a Submariner, it would be prudent to have 4 million lying around unused. Otherwise it seems tacky to spend so much on a watch when you could've spent it on more necessary basics.

3. Buy the watch that sings to you - you asked, "ano mas may dating?" The easy answer to that is the Rolex of course. Most non-watch people don't know the value of an Omega, but everybody knows what a Rolex is. And the Submariner is their most iconic model (along with the Daytona).

However, none of that should matter. You buy the watch that YOU like more. If you like the Speedmaster more, then go for the Speedmaster. If it's the Sub, then the Sub it is.

If you buy a watch looking to impress people, you'd be disappointed to know that 99% of people don't care. Your watch is only a small part of your overall outfit. You'd have better luck impressing people with a nice car or fancy sneakers.

Most people our age don't even know anything about watches and won't be able to differentiate between a Seiko Sea Urchin and a Rolex Sub. The only way to get noticed by non watch enthusiasts is to brandish your watch, which isn't a very classy thing to do.

That said, I wish you the best of luck in your watch shopping. I hope that you decide to spend your money on what really brings you the most happiness in the long run. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Thanks man for the advice.

That being said, i think i'll just go with the omega speedmaster. Although i'm not buying it "now", it's more of a goal. Like a birthday gift for myself next year.

And yes, karamihan sa age group natin, they are not aware or they couldn't care less about the watch we wear. Mas gusto pa ata nila yung mga gadget and all.

I bet pag pinagtabi mo iphoneX and any luxury watch, the iphoneX will get more praises.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]