New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 197 of 678 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mas visible na status symbol ang kotse kaysa sa relo =)). Mas justifiable ang pagbili ng kotse (transpo) almost necessity na dahil sa urban structure ng Pinas, pati na public transport kaysa luxury watch na pang sangla lang tingin ng karamihan . Kung hindi naman connosieur ang tao di talaga magkakahilig sa luxury watch.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Was wondering that too. People in watch forums are a lot more self aware. I'm guessing the crowd there being older they're just more mature I guess?
    Actually bro, if you look closely at the "character" members here, most are in their 40s as well, similar to the PWC crowd. So it seems that maturity and restraint aren't necessarily correlated with age. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    for one thing, a watch that runs faster than the others, isn't something to be proud about.
    also, with the exception of the strap/bracelet, there's little else the owner can do to accessorize it, without depreciating its market value.
    then, it takes a special talent to open its engine bay and tinker with the engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Mas visible na status symbol ang kotse kaysa sa relo =)). Mas justifiable ang pagbili ng kotse (transpo) almost necessity na dahil sa urban structure ng Pinas, pati na public transport kaysa luxury watch na pang sangla lang tingin ng karamihan . Kung hindi naman connosieur ang tao di talaga magkakahilig sa luxury watch.

It's not a matter of watches vs. cars. The concern is the online demeanor of PWC vs Tsikot forumers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Tingin ko, kasama sa status na sinasabi ko ung pagkakaroon ng netiquette. Marunong lumugar ang mga disenteng tao, makita mo yan pano sila makipag usap.

Isa pa ang dating nyan eh parang fine dining vs ordinary resto OR sm vs rustans. Di ka papasok dyan kung lahat ng tao naka amerikana ikaw naka maong lang. Ang gumagamit ng kotse mula owner type jeep hanggang naka BMW so varied pa ang dating ng pakikipausap nila, mula sa usapang kanto hanggang usapang multinational. Pagdating sa relo, di lahat kaya makipag sabayan sa ganong klase ng mga tao. Sa tsikot pati mekaniko sa kanto madali sumali, alam nila ung pinaguusapan sa makina etc. Sa PWC, mga may kaya lang talaga bumili ng relo ang sumasali, mga marunong lang magdala ang nandyan.

TLDR : May agwat sa estado sa buhay at edukasyon ang mga tao sa tsikot kumpara sa pwc.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Tingin ko, kasama sa status na sinasabi ko ung pagkakaroon ng netiquette. Marunong lumugar ang mga disenteng tao, makita mo yan pano sila makipag usap.

Isa pa ang dating nyan eh parang fine dining vs ordinary resto OR sm vs rustans. Di ka papasok dyan kung lahat ng tao naka amerikana ikaw naka maong lang. Ang gumagamit ng kotse mula owner type jeep hanggang naka BMW so varied pa ang dating ng pakikipausap nila, mula sa usapang kanto hanggang usapang multinational. Pagdating sa relo, di lahat kaya makipag sabayan sa ganong klase ng mga tao. Sa tsikot pati mekaniko sa kanto madali sumali, alam nila ung pinaguusapan sa makina etc. Sa PWC, mga may kaya lang talaga bumili ng relo ang sumasali, mga marunong lang magdala ang nandyan.

TLDR : May agwat sa estado sa buhay at edukasyon ang mga tao sa tsikot kumpara sa pwc.

Clear points bro. This adds rich detail to my earlier note that car forumers are more diverse compared to watch enthusiasts.

Although you'd be surprised - many of the "characters" are actually quite well-off. So just as age is not a determinant for maturity, it seems that wealth is not a determinant for refinement as well.

The question then is - do we impose a higher standard of netiquette or do we simply accept that "it is what it is".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Congrats bro! Now that's a moonwatch! How bout a shot of that fantastic clear caseback? What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Bro that long hand is the chronograph at its resting position. Seconds are tracked via the smaller dial on the right by the 3 o'clock position.

I'll post a shot this weekend.

Also, it's nice to take shots of a watch in the morning when there's the soft, angled sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    One thing I noticed as I was lurking through PWC - people there are generally more respectful and well-mannered towards other forumers.
    The watch crowd is still pretty limited as compared to the car crowd; and the cost of building a watch collection if you bought everything you want, can cost more than cars too. One thing i found common in watches and cars, it's the thrill of the chase - the search for a grail watch, or a just about any particular model that you want.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Speaking of the chase...

This is d watch i have been looking for. Very rare. I have seen only one example (a friend has one).

Omega Snoopy Speedmaster Pro. Only 1,970 examples made. I wish i was brave enough to buy from those international watch trading sites. Am just afraid to get scammed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Speaking of the chase...

This is d watch i have been looking for. Very rare. I have seen only one example (a friend has one).

Omega Snoopy Speedmaster Pro. Only 1,970 examples made. I wish i was brave enough to buy from those international watch trading sites. Am just afraid to get scammed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Very, very cute watch bro. Saw a PWC post before with this watch - iconic piece. Wishing you the best of luck in finding one!

As for me, I think I'm done with my watch chase for the next decade. Following the concept of LDMU, I think my scarce resources are best allocated for other priorities right now. I'll just be a fan from the sidelines. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The watch crowd is still pretty limited as compared to the car crowd; and the cost of building a watch collection if you bought everything you want, can cost more than cars too. One thing i found common in watches and cars, it's the thrill of the chase - the search for a grail watch, or a just about any particular model that you want.
    True bro, mas may kaya mga tao dun which is why they're spending on luxuries since they have the necessities covered. Still, doesn't change the fact that we have equally wealthy members not acting with the same level of restraint and respect to others.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Wala akong idea sa prices ng mga relo nor pambili, pero okay nga magbasa sa PWC. Tinitignan ko un mga thread nila tungkol sa sasakyan, magugulat ka nalang praktikal din karamihan (never ending Fort vs Eve etc..) heheh. Isa pa, mga hobby ng mga tao doon gastusan talaga.

Isang payo lang na sinabi sakin ng nakausap kong sales is kumuha ng luxury watch pag client facing or sales ang trabaho. Kung kaya mo dalhin un relo, hindi basta basta tingin sayo ng client. Parang magandang kotse din as service heheh. "Investment".

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Wala akong idea sa prices ng mga relo nor pambili, pero okay nga magbasa sa PWC. Tinitignan ko un mga thread nila tungkol sa sasakyan, magugulat ka nalang praktikal din karamihan (never ending Fort vs Eve etc..) heheh. Isa pa, mga hobby ng mga tao doon gastusan talaga.

Isang payo lang na sinabi sakin ng nakausap kong sales is kumuha ng luxury watch pag client facing or sales ang trabaho. Kung kaya mo dalhin un relo, hindi basta basta tingin sayo ng client. Parang magandang kotse din as service heheh. "Investment".

Speaking of cars, pag tiningnan mo yung Cars and Watches thread dun, mga 50% naka BMW. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'll post a shot this weekend.

Also, it's nice to take shots of a watch in the morning when there's the soft, angled sunlight.

+1 on the thrill of the chase/hunt. Makes me feel like those guys in Storage Wars or American Pickers hehe. There's always an opportunity to get good value buying pre-owned. Speaking of value, not exactly used but I could've acquired a NOS Watchco SM300 for $1800 a few years ago. Am now regretting not having bought it.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]