New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 191 of 678 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    hahaha! Pag nagpa coat ka e what will happen to your detailing items?

BTT: I'm not into smart watches Feeling ko hindi tatagal ng 10 taon
    i'll keep the detailing items, magagamit pa naman kahit coated na yung car

BTT: i saw the samsung S2 and the new s3. although ok yung features but to techie for me...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    i'll keep the detailing items, magagamit pa naman kahit coated na yung car

BTT: i saw the samsung S2 and the new s3. although ok yung features but to techie for me...
    Kaya ko gusto yung S2 kasi hindi siya mukhang smartwatch, mukha lang siyang ordinary watch with a leather strap.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kaya ko gusto yung S2 kasi hindi siya mukhang smartwatch, mukha lang siyang ordinary watch with a leather strap.

yup, meron yung isang ka-officemate ko. kaya lang rechargeable din pala like a smartphone.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    yup, meron yung isang ka-officemate ko. kaya lang rechargeable din pala like a smartphone.
    Every 2-3 days ako nagchacharge.

Nauubos battery niya pag ginagamit, yung automatic watch ko nauubos powe reserve pag hindi ginagamit. 😂

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    whats the movement of a seiko kinetic? automatic/mech or quartz? it needs a charger?
    anyway a winder is available online or even sa shops in greenhills madami din. bought mine 7 yrs ago and still working. although sometimes i dont plug it.
    The movement on a Seiko Kinetic is a combination of a mechanical movement and a quartz movement so it marries both technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    i think any winder will work on an automatic. readily available and the cheaper ones will suffice. you dont have to use the expensive maple wood made ones
    Any winder will do. It does take a long time though for a Kinetic to get a full charge. Once it is fully charged, it's good for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

How much was RSC service for your Tudor? If you don't mind.
    RSC charges are very cost effective. They actually are even better than the Seiko service center as they always have parts. The service center of Omega is the worst and most expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    How many types of Kinetic charging mechanisms are there? All I know is it's similar to traditional automatics but instead of winding a spring, it turns a small generator. Another difference, based on my limited research, is that the Kinetic doesn't charge well using traditional watch winders. It needs fast movements, like a jolt, to move the charging mechanism sufficiently fast enough to generate electricity.

My dad owns several automatics and a few Kinetics. He has a winder, an MTE WTS4. It charges the mechanical automatics fine but not quite as effective on the Kinetics, it seems.

I own a single-compartment chinese winder myself which I bought from Lazada. Charges up my Seiko 5 Map Meter, ready to wear on a whim.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    There were 2 mains versions that came out. Earlier versions had a capacitor while newer versions had a rechargeable battery. The capacitor in the older versions will need replacement after several years. It is prone to failure but the newer version is very reliable.

If you are serious with Seiko Kinetics, I recommend purchasing a charger. It'll take a few hours to charge a watch.

Charger with the watch on it.

Charger with the various types of Kinetic movements indicated on the base.

A few modern kinetics.

One of the best Kinetics for me was the BFK. Here's a link about it. The Legendary Seiko BFK SKA371 | Tough Watches

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    The movement on a Seiko Kinetic is a combination of a mechanical movement and a quartz movement so it marries both technologies.

Any winder will do. It does take a long time though for a Kinetic to get a full charge. Once it is fully charged, it's good for 6 months.

RSC charges are very cost effective. They actually are even better than the Seiko service center as they always have parts. The service center of Omega is the worst and most expensive.

There were 2 mains versions that came out. Earlier versions had a capacitor while newer versions had a rechargeable battery. The capacitor in the older versions will need replacement after several years. It is prone to failure but the newer version is very reliable.

If you are serious with Seiko Kinetics, I recommend purchasing a charger. It'll take a few hours to charge a watch.

Charger with the watch on it.

Charger with the various types of Kinetic movements indicated on the base.

A few modern kinetics.

One of the best Kinetics for me was the BFK. Here's a link about it. The Legendary Seiko BFK SKA371 | Tough Watches
    ah didnt know that. 6months per charge? good tech

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i remember seiko kinetic's ad... "someday, all watches will be made this way..."
    obviously, they were wrong. citizen's solar got it right.

to sour grapes rolex,
    "namamatay siya kapag hindi ginamit nang dalawang araw."
    "a cheap timex or casio will run rings around it, accuracy-wise."

but as an aficionado aptly put it, which i agree to,
    "with watch prices as stratospheric as this, telling time is not the raison de etre."

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Naloko na. 😂

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Naloko na. 😂

nice watch....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Naloko na. 😂

Danda, automatic pa. btw anong variant yan? Dami kasi variations ng speedmaster eh hehe

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]