New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 173 of 678 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yep, that would have been a steal if I got that Navitimer for 10k.

I started playing MTG as a newbie during 4th Edition-Ice Age block (1995), stopped during the "combo-winter" days of Urza block, and played back again more competitively (limited, constructed, and legacy formats) from Masques to Mirrodin blocks. I sold all my cards for a profit in 2005.

I asked him for his price and he gave me one. We just laugh about it every time I see him wearing the watch. He started collecting watches from that day moving forward.
    ...i'm waiting for a submariner with red mark...
    so far, what i have is a submariner from thailand, which i wouldn't wear outside the country.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Save for some Rolex models and Patek, most of them still depreciate. Some at a slower rate than others, but calling a watch an investment is like calling a Civic SiR an investment.

Let's not kid ourselves - watches are luxury items. A 3k Seiko tells time just as well as a 400k Submariner. And a cellphone connected to the internet will have more accurate time than either of them.
    😂

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    That is why I said some only, construed more specifically as a few. And never did I insinuate that watches are the only ones nor the more accurate basis of time. Iirc some watch do appreciate in time but obviously yung mga collector's item. I may have worded it wrongfully without intent. hehe

If my father had not given me a watch, I may not ever had one nor would have bought some more. Used my old nokia 5110 as timekeeper for a long time even when working already.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Wow, what a coincidence. I started playing MTG at around the same time. Wasn't able to sell the cards in time though. Still gathering dust in the attic. I imagine they are not worth much now. Was good that you got out when the cards were still worth something.
    There are a few cards that still hold good value. Dual lands and pain lands are priced items. Key cards in killer combos are highly sought after since there are a lot of players in the competitive legacy (vintage) block. You may want to check online for current pricing. You may not know you have something there that's worth a thousand or so per card.

Going back to topic:

There are some good-looking Swiss watches for around the same price as Seikos and Orients. Steinhart has a good following in PWC. They have homages to the classic submariner-type and flieger-type designs for around 20-30k. Automatic Chronographs (Valjoux 7750) are priced around 50k. Steinhart uses Swiss ETA movement so there's good value on them compared to the similarly-priced quartz offering of the Swatch group (Tissot, Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Longines, Rado).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    That is why I said some only, construed more specifically as a few. And never did I insinuate that watches are the only ones nor the more accurate basis of time. Iirc some watch do appreciate in time but obviously yung mga collector's item. I may have worded it wrongfully without intent. hehe

If my father had not given me a watch, I may not ever had one nor would have bought some more. Used my old nokia 5110 as timekeeper for a long time even when working already.
    yes there are really some watches that hold their value well. just imagine early to mid 2000s 2tone submariners still sell for 300-350k now. wonder how much they were brand new back then

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ...i'm waiting for a submariner with red mark...

See here: ??T?u?}???[?i[1680] RED SUBMARINER | ?????b?N?X ?????Y ?A???e?B?[?N ???v

and here: ??T?u?}???[?i[1680] RED SUBMARINER | ?????b?N?X ?????Y ?A???e?B?[?N ???v

Or maybe what you meant were the Omani Rolexes?

The Rolex Oman Story
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 25th, 2017 at 02:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    There are a few cards that still hold good value. Dual lands and pain lands are priced items. Key cards in killer combos are highly sought after since there are a lot of players in the competitive legacy (vintage) block. You may want to check online for current pricing. You may not know you have something there that's worth a thousand or so per card.

Going back to topic:

There are some good-looking Swiss watches for around the same price as Seikos and Orients. Steinhart has a good following in PWC. They have homages to the classic submariner-type and flieger-type designs for around 20-30k. Automatic Chronographs (Valjoux 7750) are priced around 50k. Steinhart uses Swiss ETA movement so there's good value on them compared to the similarly-priced quartz offering of the Swatch group (Tissot, Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Longines, Rado).
    Talaga? Might be worth selling some cards pala. When I get the time I'll go look for them.

Re: Steinhart not really a fan of homages, but they do seem like well built watches. For ETA based watches I like Oris because the case and dial designs are a bit more unique. They've gone up quite a bit in pricing though. And not being able to use aftermarket straps is a big minus.

Not sure if it's been polished, but that's probably the best condition red sub I've seen. Lovely patina. with a lovely price to match hehe.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I'd go with the GMT Avenger, it has an additional GMT function. The Seamaster though has a prettier dial. How about the Super Ocean GMT?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Not sure if it's been polished, but that's probably the best condition red sub I've seen. Lovely patina. with a lovely price to match hehe.
    I've been tempering this watch habit of mine for sometime now.

I guess the only way to fight temptation, is to yield to it ..

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/guide-b...s-tokyo-japan/

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'd go with the GMT Avenger, it has an additional GMT function. The Seamaster though has a prettier dial. How about the Super Ocean GMT?
    Yeah, the Omega is a looker.

I may look at both watches (and compare condition, discounts, etc.) personally before buying.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]