New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 170 of 678 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Nice. I knew it looked a little different hehe. As long as you enjoy it, no harm in collecting bro. If you do decide to get a more expensive watch just keep in mind they depreciate quite a bit, unless they are highly sought after discontinued models like Eqaddict's red Submariner. Even regular Pateks and Rolexes lose a little value over time. Buying 2nd hand saves you a bit and takes the edge off depreciation.

Lots of nice folks at PWC. The international forums are mostly biased towards one brand or another. Personally I've been heavily influenced by Watchuseek.

Am thinking of getting a dress watch but my watch budget has been reallocated to diapers and formula hehe. Some day when I get lucky I'll start saving for one again.
    Yes bro - I'm eyeing my first Swiss watch. That was my first thread in PWC. Maybe you can chime in your thoughts:

Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50 vs. Carrera CV2111

- sub-80k, pre-owned (to avoid the depreciation)
    - to be purchased in Japan
    - to be used as an all-rounder for formal events and important business meetings
    - should look good in a bracelet or black leather strap
    - should fit 6.25" wrists

I figured going for a used Omega/Tag is a better proposition than buying a new Hamilton or Oris.

What do you think?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    i saved up for a omega/2nd hand rolex without(the wife knowing)....parang nanghihinayang ako, tapos medyo rough ako gumamit, baka puro gasgas in a few days...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I figured going for a used Omega/Tag is a better proposition than buying a new Hamilton or Oris.

Agree on this ... isama mo na rin Rolex / Tudor in the list if budget allows .... my first swiss watch purchase was a tossup between Omega and Rolex and I went for the crown .... never regretted it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    What do you think is a good first rolex watch?

Submariner - Pogi as always. classic look esp. yung steel with black bezel.

Daytona - too cluttered for me. Maganda ung chrono kaso yung tachymetre, mejo magulo.

Yachtmaster 1 - I heard this is supposed to be more upscale that submariner and daytona.

Any thoughts?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post

Daytona - too cluttered for me. Maganda ung chrono kaso yung tachymetre, mejo magulo.

Yachtmaster 1 - I heard this is supposed to be more upscale that submariner and daytona.

Any thoughts?
    sub pepsi or my favorite ref 16613 and 116613

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes bro - I'm eyeing my first Swiss watch. That was my first thread in PWC. Maybe you can chime in your thoughts:

Speedmaster Reduced 3510.50 vs. Carrera CV2111

- sub-80k, pre-owned (to avoid the depreciation)
    - to be purchased in Japan
    - to be used as an all-rounder for formal events and important business meetings
    - should look good in a bracelet or black leather strap
    - should fit 6.25" wrists

What do you think?

Bro, most enthusiasts will tell you in general, ranking brands without looking at individual models, Omega > Tag Heuer > Hamilton/Oris.

Afaik both choices are based on ETA 2890/2892 movements with an added chrono module. As to servicing costs although largely the same movement, the Omega *should* cost more in terms of parts just because they are aimed at a higher bracket.

As far as aesthetics go, the Tag's dial is younger but the Omega's is imho timeless. The lugs of the Reduced are better. The Tag's lugs face down abruptly, are sharp and might be an issue comfort-wise.

For the bracelet I'm not sure which one is better but I'd look at which one doesn't pull hair as much and has easier micro adjustment.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Personally, around that budget, I'd get a Seiko MM300. Resale value is probably one of the best around. It's the watch that gets a lot of good comparisons against the Submariner.

For the Omega vs Tag comparison. If you'd like to garner attention from the commonfolk, Tag is popular. But for the watch enthusiast, hands down it is Omega. Hell, Oris even gets better looks from the WIS than Tag.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011

Any thoughts?
    Daytona hands down. Based from availability, yan ang pinakamahirap makuha from a local AD. My dad is on a waiting list for a Daytona C since January, until now, wala pa din tawag from all ADs. My dad isn't willing to go through the reseller or 2nd hand route kasi prices have more than 20% premium over the SRP.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    Agree on this ... isama mo na rin Rolex / Tudor in the list if budget allows .... my first swiss watch purchase was a tossup between Omega and Rolex and I went for the crown .... never regretted it.
    Not a fan of Tudor. Just doesn't call out to me, even if it's essentially a cheaper Rolex.

Also not keen on purchasing a used Rolex - too ostentatious a purchase considering it's 5x more than the Omega I'm eyeing.

Any thoughts?
    Submariner for me. Daytona is also nice if your budget is limitless.

As a sidenote, watch enthusiasts never seem to talk about budget, as if spending 2x their budget is as easy as 123. Lahat siguro bigtime. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Bro, most enthusiasts will tell you in general, ranking brands without looking at individual models, Omega > Tag Heuer > Hamilton/Oris.

Afaik both choices are based on ETA 2890/2892 movements with an added chrono module. As to servicing costs although largely the same movement, the Omega *should* cost more in terms of parts just because they are aimed at a higher bracket.

As far as aesthetics go, the Tag's dial is younger but the Omega's is imho timeless. The lugs of the Reduced are better. The Tag's lugs face down abruptly, are sharp and might be an issue comfort-wise.

For the bracelet I'm not sure which one is better but I'd look at which one doesn't pull hair as much and has easier micro adjustment.
    I also prefer the looks of the Omega over the Tag, but both look good. I actually can't believe that it's been the same design since the 60s, truly timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Personally, around that budget, I'd get a Seiko MM300. Resale value is probably one of the best around. It's the watch that gets a lot of good comparisons against the Submariner.

For the Omega vs Tag comparison. If you'd like to garner attention from the commonfolk, Tag is popular. But for the watch enthusiast, hands down it is Omega. Hell, Oris even gets better looks from the WIS than Tag.

I know the heritage of the higher end Seiko's, but personally I've quenched my Seiko itch with my entry-level pieces and would prefer something different for a change.

I agree on the brand recall of Tag to many people, though you can say the same for Technomarine and DW and those 2 are prime examples that brand recognition does not equal good watchmaking. Even for the non-watch people, I think most know that Omega is a good brand.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I want the Tudor Black Bay bad, but i have enough divers so getting another, more expensive one doesnt seem practical. And Id also prefer the Daytona over any other Rolex models but acquiring one is a pipe dream hehe.

Im actually looking at more dressy watches since i currently dont have one. I like what Nomos has to offer. Slim, clean, and elegant designs, with an authentic in-house movement. Will look at the mid tier Presages in Japan this week though. One particular model caught my eye is the sarw013. They say the Urushi dial is even better in person.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]