New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 168 of 678 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Speedy Pro has a 48mm lug to lug length while the 7002 has a 45mm lug to lug length, same as the Speedy Reduced. Of course, only an actual comparison will determine which is a better fit.

I understand that you're paying thrice the price for a Pro because of the Moonwatch heritage and the more durable movement. Sort of like paying extra for a 911 vs a Boxster. They're really not comparable and the Speedmaster Pro is really on a league of its own. But that's a very big jump in price and there are many things you can buy with an extra 100k. I know the Reduced isn't a Pro, but it's a good watch in itself, isn't it?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    But bulky in terms of height (not to mention mabigat din) kasi tignan ng 7002 kaya mas nagmukhang maliit yung Speedy Pro sa actual size. Or sa kamay ko lang siguro yun kasi my arms are on the pre-bulky side na ata.

That's a great analogy to be honest. For me kasi, if I were to buy a Reduced, I'd rather buy other watch/es. Parang something is "lacking" sa Reduced. Siguro nga the analogy of 911/Boxster will apply here. I also know some people din kasi who've regretted buying the Reduced. They said that they should've went straight na sana.

But really, buy what speaks to your heart. "Traditional" watch buyer kasi ako. I like watches that have "heritage"

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "if you really like it, you can justify the cost."
    isn't that what luxury is all about?
    heh heh.

the seiko diver's watch above has got me thinking...
    i never in my life considered it before...
    i tried one out in the store last night. there's something with that jubilee bracelet...

the omegas?
    for some reason,they don't seem to sit well on my wrist.
    Doc, go ahead sa seiko divers. No regrets, mapapabili ka ng marami due to the price.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    But bulky in terms of height (not to mention mabigat din) kasi tignan ng 7002 kaya mas nagmukhang maliit yung Speedy Pro sa actual size. Or sa kamay ko lang siguro yun kasi my arms are on the pre-bulky side na ata.

That's a great analogy to be honest. For me kasi, if I were to buy a Reduced, I'd rather buy other watch/es. Parang something is "lacking" sa Reduced. Siguro nga the analogy of 911/Boxster will apply here. I also know some people din kasi who've regretted buying the Reduced. They said that they should've went straight na sana.

But really, buy what speaks to your heart. "Traditional" watch buyer kasi ako. I like watches that have "heritage"

Agree bro, malaki kasi crown ng 7002 and I think divers look better proportioned when they're slightly big rather than slightly small.

I'm not at that life stage yet where I can forgo practicality and go straight to the Pro. I'm on the fence about spending 3x as much for the heritage. Originally I was eyeing just a vintage Carrera but I saw the Speedy auto and it was cheaper. I see it as a better buy than getting a Hamilton or Oris at this price point.

Anyway, I'm not looking to buy anytime soon (not this year if I can control it) but it's nice to daydream. 😂

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i got an oris.
    "namimili ng okasyon."
    the speedy... an everyday-and-anyday watch with provenance! equally at home with adidas or with florsheim.

an yes. mukhang babalikan ko ang seiko diver na yan.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 17th, 2017 at 11:12 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Agree bro, malaki kasi crown ng 7002 and I think divers look better proportioned when they're slightly big rather than slightly small.

I'm not at that life stage yet where I can forgo practicality and go straight to the Pro. I'm on the fence about spending 3x as much for the heritage. Originally I was eyeing just a vintage Carrera but I saw the Speedy auto and it was cheaper. I see it as a better buy than getting a Hamilton or Oris at this price point.

Anyway, I'm not looking to buy anytime soon (not this year if I can control it) but it's nice to daydream. ��

Vintage Carrera is ok too if you like something subtle in your hands. Not flashy but will receive praise/command respect from people especially to those people who knows the watch world. Oris Aquis and Big Pilot are very ok (actually these two are on my watch bucket list ).

Since you are open to the used watch market, i suggest that you must also check Tag Heuer Aqua Racer/Carrera. There are lots of varieties to choose from and used Tags are usually great valued watches. I'm pretty sure mapabili ka na ng maaga niyan.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Vintage Carrera is ok too if you like something subtle in your hands. Not flashy but will receive praise/command respect from people especially to those people who knows the watch world. Oris Aquis and Big Pilot are very ok (actually these two are on my watch bucket list ).

Since you are open to the used watch market, i suggest that you must also check Tag Heuer Aqua Racer/Carrera. There are lots of varieties to choose from and used Tags are usually great valued watches. I'm pretty sure mapabili ka na ng maaga niyan.
    The Carrera is a strong contender since it's in the same price range as the Speedy Reduced. I was leaning towards the Speedy because at the end of the day, it's still an Omega.

I also tried the newer 41mm Carrrera before, too big for me. The older 39mm seems to be perfect, so I would really go for a vintage Carrera if I ever go that route. Pass on the Aquaracer since I prefer chronos over divers.

Sure, we can say the Speedy Reduced is just a stepping stone to the Pro - but I can always sell it and upgrade in the future (assuming of course I can take the size of the Pro). I don't think I'll be a hardcore collector - I just want a few decent pieces in my rotation.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Orient ray2

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Yeah I don't think any watch can come close to the historical significance of the Speedy Pro. That's also one of my must haves if I win the lotto.

Speedy reduced is no slouch though. And a lot more convenient for daily use as you don't need to wind it. I agree with "buy what speaks to you". 🖒

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    160-170k (cash price) ang bentahan ngayon ng Speedy Pro boss. For me mas ok na dumiretso ka na sa Pro kesa automatic. Sobrang sulit ang price difference. Size wise, mas mukhang malaki yung Seiko 7002/SKX compared sa Speedy Pro eventhough it is both sized at 42mm.

Speedy Pro and SKX represent!
    2nd hand prices yan sir? Cheapest na ng speedy pro hesalite from lucerne is 188k cash price langya kasi yung bagong malaking box na yan, nagjump tuloy yung presyo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    2nd hand prices yan sir? Cheapest na ng speedy pro hesalite from lucerne is 188k cash price langya kasi yung bagong malaking box na yan, nagjump tuloy yung presyo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I think yung presyo na nabigay ko was when nasa 48 pa ang PHP-USD.

Dapat sa HK/SG ka kumuha kapag Omega/Rolex. Ang dami na kasing abubot ng speedy pro ngayon na inclusions kaya ang laki na din ng price jump.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]