New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 167 of 678 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Was planning to go for a Tag first but I was checking prices in Japan and it turns out that Speedmasters there are pretty affordable. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Then I read all about the Speedmaster's history and got even more enamored by it. It's also one of the few watches that look really good whether with a bracelet or a leather strap.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    How affordable is affordable? :D Im not sure i want to go into that rabbit hole though. Id like to window shop though hehe

It is one of my grails. Rich heritage, premium brand, and good looks. A friend has a Dark Side of the Moon Speedmaster and wow that's a whole lot of watch. Tataya nako sa lotto.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manilamako View Post
    How affordable is affordable? :D Im not sure i want to go into that rabbit hole though. Id like to window shop though hehe

It is one of my grails. Rich heritage, premium brand, and good looks. A friend has a Dark Side of the Moon Speedmaster and wow that's a whole lot of watch. Tataya nako sa lotto.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    Oops. Speedmaster Automatic pala yung nakita kong picture from my friend kaya mura. 😂

All watch forums will say that it's worth it making the jump from the auto to the Pro, but being the newbie and cheapskate that I am, I think the auto is a pretty nice watch for its price. And 39mm seems to be a more manageable size than the 42mm.

Of course, I could be wrong and end up regretting it like I did with the 4205 and 7002.

Last edited by jut703; October 17th, 2017 at 01:42 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    That Snoopy speedmaster rocks! So hard to find though.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; October 17th, 2017 at 08:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *jut
    That's quite a jump in price bro. I wanted the Speedy Pro but when I heard about the service costs for chronographs I quickly backed out hehe.

Local authorized Omega service quoted me 20k+ for a simple 3 hand 2500D movement with date. I'm not sure outside watchmakers can handle the escapement properly. Those things are as fickle as they come.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *jut
    That's quite a jump in price bro. I wanted the Speedy Pro but when I heard about the service costs for chronographs I quickly backed out hehe.

Local authorized Omega service quoted me 20k+ for a simple 3 hand 2500D movement with date. I'm not sure outside watchmakers can handle the escapement properly. Those things are as fickle as they come.
    Getting a Swiss is really like maintaining a Euro, compared to a Seiko that's more durable and much cheaper and easier to find parts for. 😂

No wonder many people have Seikos as "daily drivers" and Swiss watches as weekenders.

I backread that you have an Omega too - I'm assuming a Seamaster since you said you don't like the chrono?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Oops. Speedmaster Automatic pala yung nakita kong picture from my friend kaya mura. ��

All watch forums will say that it's worth it making the jump from the auto to the Pro, but being the newbie and cheapskate that I am, I think the auto is a pretty nice watch for its price. And 39mm seems to be a more manageable size than the 42mm.

Of course, I could be wrong and end up regretting it like I did with the 4205 and 7002.

160-170k (cash price) ang bentahan ngayon ng Speedy Pro boss. For me mas ok na dumiretso ka na sa Pro kesa automatic. Sobrang sulit ang price difference. Size wise, mas mukhang malaki yung Seiko 7002/SKX compared sa Speedy Pro eventhough it is both sized at 42mm.

Speedy Pro and SKX represent!
    Last edited by Sleepcare; October 17th, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *jut

You can go to Makati Cinema Square and go to Mang Andy's shop for the repair. He once did my Speedy Pro for 5k only. Overhaul and relubed.

Or meron din sa Greenbelt 1, Alex yung name niya. Service center level din yung work quality niya.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    160-170k (cash price) ang bentahan ngayon ng Speedy Pro boss. For me mas ok na dumiretso ka na sa Pro kesa automatic. Sobrang sulit ang price difference. Size wise, mas mukhang malaki yung Seiko 7002/SKX compared sa Speedy Pro eventhough it is both sized at 42mm.

Speedy Pro and SKX represent!
    The Speedy Pro has a 48mm lug to lug length while the 7002 has a 45mm lug to lug length, same as the Speedy Reduced. Of course, only an actual comparison will determine which is a better fit.

I understand that you're paying thrice the price for a Pro because of the Moonwatch heritage and the more durable movement. Sort of like paying extra for a 911 vs a Boxster. They're really not comparable and the Speedmaster Pro is really on a league of its own. But that's a very big jump in price and there are many things you can buy with an extra 100k. I know the Reduced isn't a Pro, but it's a good watch in itself, isn't it?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "if you really like it, you can justify the cost."
    isn't that what luxury is all about?
    heh heh.

the seiko diver's watch above has got me thinking...
    i never in my life considered it before...
    i tried one out in the store last night. there's something with that jubilee bracelet...
    it doesn't feel like the un-dying seiko 5.....

the omegas?
    for some reason,they don't seem to sit well on my wrist.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 17th, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Getting a Swiss is really like maintaining a Euro, compared to a Seiko that's more durable and much cheaper and easier to find parts for. 😂

No wonder many people have Seikos as "daily drivers" and Swiss watches as weekenders.

I backread that you have an Omega too - I'm assuming a Seamaster since you said you don't like the chrono?

Oh I like the Speedy Pro for sure, it's just the service costs that scared me away. 😂 It's CHF 200 higher than the regular calibers.

Not my pics but this is the same model as my watch:

I'd post my own but am ashamed of my little to zero photog skills.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]