New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 163 of 678 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I took the plunge and bought my first watch - a Seiko SNK805 automatic.

I now have something to alternate with my Samsung Gear S2. I can also retire my old Timex which was a gift to me by my girlfriend back when we were in college.

Now I'm sorta getting hooked. A Seiko Diver 4205 is up for sale on Ateneo Trade, perfect 38mm size since the 40mm is too bulky for my taste. I might bite the bullet and buy it although I'm wondering if there's anything better than a Seiko Diver for a metal strap watch in its price range since I already have a Seiko.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Hey, that's the one I want too hehe. Nice watch bro. I like how versatile it is. Both casual and dressy enough for the office.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

That Seiko divers (below the "pepsi" edition) is what I want too. Pwedeng pang all-around talaga.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by manilamako View Post
    Nice choice jut! I have something similar (snzg15) and it serves me well!

I suggest you join seiko watch club of the philippines (swcp) on facebook. Its one of our bigger groups around and there's a wealth on information and eye candy hehe. Theres also a seperate markeplace where you can get the best deals. Welcome to the addiction!

If you want an entry level diver, cant go wrong with the skx. Its a classic but very affordable. Or splurge a little and get a turtle/sumo/samurai. Happy hunting!

Edit: if you want something smaller, try searching for the seiko sea urchin model. I think theyre around 40mm but they wear a lot smaller. Cheap too at around 7k brand new if general release models.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the tip, I joined the SWCP group already.

I'm contemplating now if I should buy this 4205 on Ateneo Trade for 3k or go straight for a brand new SKX 007.

I saw the Sea Urchin in person and the 007 looks nicer IMO. The Sea Urchin's bezels are a tad too thick for my taste.

What's wrong with going for the 4205? How come it isn't as popular as the 6309 or 7002? Isn't it better to go for a cheaper, vintage model?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Hey, that's the one I want too hehe. Nice watch bro. I like how versatile it is. Both casual and dressy enough for the office.
    Thanks bro. I remember discussing watches with you and it seems my interest came a few years earlier than I thought. 😂

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Thanks bro. I remember discussing watches with you and it seems my interest came a few years earlier than I thought. 😂

No worries about catching it early bro. It's a relatively healthier hobby compared to most. 🖒 Better than a number 2 I always say. ☺

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    No worries about catching it early bro. It's a relatively healthier hobby compared to most. 🖒 Better than a number 2 I always say. ☺
    Hahaha of course. 😂

Sooo, new SKX 007 or used 4205? 🤔

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Nothing wrong with going for an older model. Some people prefer it. I myself would go for the brand new one because i dont need to maintain as much, and no dings and scratches. For even older and more sought after vintage models, there are concerns if its all original or frankenstein na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is seiko better than Oris?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Hahaha of course. 😂

Sooo, new SKX 007 or used 4205? 🤔

Hmmm that's a hard one as both are lookers. I'm a minimalist so probably the 4205 for me. The skx007's dial is a bit busier with the longer minute markers. Apart from that it'll be a toss up on how they feel on the wrist and how the crystal looks.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hahaha of course. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Sooo, new SKX 007 or used 4205? What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

The 4205 is considerably smaller, so if you prefer smaller watches id go with the vintage Not familiar with the 4205 movement though. The 7s26 on the skx is a workhorse and is known to last several years before needing a maintenance.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm that's a hard one as both are lookers. I'm a minimalist so probably the 4205 for me. The skx007's dial is a bit busier with the longer minute markers. Apart from that it'll be a toss up on how they feel on the wrist and how the crystal looks.
    I know it's just me but I always connect seiko with OFWs. Parang seiko lagi suot ng mga galing sa Saudi diba?

I saw the Oris BC3 last weekend sa greenbelt. Asking roommate to.buy or for me.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]