New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 157 of 678 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Suunto Core Extreme Edition Red

Suunto Regatta

Suunto Vector

**Pics grabbed from the net for reference

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Very nice video of datejust repair.. I wonder how much it cost to have it repaired.

How to service a Rolex at home. - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ^ Pretty reasonable ang prices ng RSC unlike Omega's. When I got my DJ serviced, it cost me 16k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I guess it's really true that you have to be old to appreciate watches. 2 years ago, I was just baffled with why people spend hundreds of thousands on Swiss watches.

Now, I understand that it's the middle-aged man's equivalent of sneakers/car mods/high-end phones. At the end of the day, it's a status symbol, a classy one.

Maybe in a few years I'll dip my feet in the water with a Tag Carrera.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I guess it's really true that you have to be old to appreciate watches. 2 years ago, I was just baffled with why people spend hundreds of thousands on Swiss watches.

Now, I understand that it's the middle-aged man's equivalent of sneakers/car mods/high-end phones. At the end of the day, it's a status symbol, a classy one.

30s considered middle aged na ba?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    30s considered middle aged na ba?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Ay, hindi naman ata. I think middle-aged is 40 up. But yeah at 30+ people start appreciating watches na. 😊

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008

The world of watches is similar to the world of cars bro. You should see how people are in watch forums. Some of them make tsikot look like a Mr. Congeniality contest.

I suggest before you take the plunge, go to watch forums like Watchuseek, TRF and various watch blogs. There you will find why certain brands/models/movements are appreciated more by watch enthusiasts.

And yeah although many will not admit it, they are status symbols. Why else would we pay outrageous sums for mechanical movements that can't even come close to cheap quartz watches in terms of accuracy? 😂

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    The world of watches is similar to the world of cars bro. You should see how people are in watch forums. Some of them make tsikot look like a Mr. Congeniality contest.

I suggest before you take the plunge, go to watch forums like Watchuseek, TRF and various watch blogs. There you will find why certain brands/models/movements are appreciated more by watch enthusiasts.

And yeah although many will not admit it, they are status symbols. Why else would we pay outrageous sums for mechanical movements that can't even come close to cheap quartz watches in terms of accuracy? 😂
    my expensive swiss mechanical watch dies when i don't use it. (wa ako auto watch winder, e.)
    so, when i have to use it, i wind and set its time by my ...cheap casio! (which, by chronometer standards, is more accurate than a "chronometer" several times over.)
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post

Sounds like a world oozing with bravado and testosterone. I encounter enough perfect, intelligent hunks in Tsikot on a daily basis, might not be good to double that up. 😂

On the other hand, it'd be quite refreshing to be a complete noob at something again. Though watches might be too pricey of a hobby to get into. 😅

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sounds like a world oozing with bravado and testosterone. I encounter enough perfect, intelligent hunks in Tsikot on a daily basis, might not be good to double that up. 😂

On the other hand, it'd be quite refreshing to be a complete noob at something again. Though watches might be too pricey of a hobby to get into. 😅

Hehe. Di naman bro. Since the crowd tends to be older I imagine testosterone levels are lower so they are a lot more sedate. Being more mature they are a lot more gentleman-like. But brand snobbery is also there, in some forums. In the nicer ones you still get that feeling even if they are not up front about it.

Beyond the brand snobbery there are nice things like an appreciation of mechanical movements for their unique merits, and clever, useful technology like what Sinn does with its watches.

And its not all always about status symbols naman. Cheap brands like Seiko are highly regarded and appreciated as well.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]