New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 151 of 678 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    ^ one of my officemates has a collection of Panerais, Rolexes, and Omegas, yet interestingly, has no investments.

When asked about it, di daw siya long term investor. What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

Anyway, comfortable naman buhay niya even without investments, and mukha naman siyang may savings, so it's okay I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those premium watches are worth a fortune if he decides to sell them later. The used market for premium watches is a booming one.

If I do get myself one of these premium watches, I would have to go with the rugged tool design of Breitling or the subtle yet oozing with class design of IWC.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    1M in a special investment in the bank, can give at least 3.5K a month in interest.
    and at the end, you still have the 1M.
    for one's horologic needs, one can get a cheap timex or a casio. their accuracy will run rings around the rolexes. hindi pa namamatay sa drawer.
    hehe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TGIF What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    for one's horologic needs, one can get a cheap timex or a casio. their accuracy will run rings around the rolexes. hindi pa namamatay sa drawer.
    hehe.
    Decent Seiko or Orient automatics are priced about the same as some Timex watches and even cheaper than some Casio quartz watches. These Japanese automatics are not far off in terms of accuracy against more expensive Swiss watches, some are even close to COSC chronometer standards.

The classic Seiko divers (like the one shown above) or the newer models (with better mechanisms) could be bought for 10k in malls (even less in some dealers). They are built solidly, dive-certified, and easily serviceable.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Those premium watches are worth a fortune if he decides to sell them later. The used market for premium watches is a booming one.

If I do get myself one of these premium watches, I would have to go with the rugged tool design of Breitling or the subtle yet oozing with class design of IWC.
    They don't depreciate as much, but unless it's a limited edition watch, it doesn't appreciate in value. I mean, why buy a used Panerai for 500k from a secondhand dealer when the same model is still being sold in malls for the same price?

On another note, I really don't have a thing for watches. The expensive ones look really good, but they cost 20-50x more than a typical watch. Maybe when I have nowhere else to throw my money at, I can get one. I wonder though if it's necessary to be taken seriously by high profile clients.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have a handful-and-a-half of mechanical and quartz watches, the sum total of which wouldn't buy a genuine rolex metal watch band.
    but i'm happy. i don't even have to place the watch inside my pants pocket when walking along avenida.
    heh heh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

On another note, I really don't have a thing for watches. The expensive ones look really good, but they cost 20-50x more than a typical watch. Maybe when I have nowhere else to throw my money at, I can get one. I wonder though if it's necessary to be taken seriously by high profile clients.

A high profile client will only take notice of your watch if he himself is an avid watch afficionado. Even affordable watches can hold its own if the design has its own character. Case in point is the very affordable Bambino line of automatic dress watches of Orient or the tool divers line of Seiko Prospex/Orient M-Force. For the wise buyer, mid-tier Swiss watches like Steinhart, Hamilton, Tissot, Certina, Longines, and Oris offer a good balance in quality and price for Swiss watches

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am never a watch person so long as the reading accurate. Everything changed when the smartwatch was introduced.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A high profile client will only take notice of your watch if he himself is an avid watch afficionado. Even affordable watches can hold its own if the design has its own character. Case in point is the very affordable Bambino line of automatic dress watches of Orient or the tool divers line of Seiko Prospex/Orient M-Force. For the wise buyer, mid-tier Swiss watches like Steinhart, Hamilton, Tissot, Certina, Longines, and Oris offer a good balance in quality and price for Swiss watches

I used to wear big signet rings and an omega speedmaster 15 or so years ago, makes one look old, now i just an inexpensive fitness watch and a wedding ring...i envy people who can carry themselves wearing a nice watch..sakin di bagay, they look small on me

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    I used to wear big signet rings and an omega speedmaster 15 or so years ago, makes one look old, now i just an inexpensive fitness watch and a wedding ring...i envy people who can carry themselves wearing a nice watch..sakin di bagay, they look small on me
    Then wear a big watch, something like 47-50mm in size. It need not be expensive, as long as it looks decent on your wrist.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]