New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 113 of 678 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I forgot to add, make sure you get a good watch winder. El cheapo watch winders just rotate and these don't really properly wind up a watch. A good watch winder would have a rheostat controller that allows you to adjust the rotation speed and direction as well as how often the rotations start and stop. Constant rotation is a no-no as you're just putting too much stress on your main spring by having it constantly wound.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    for those who have self-winding mech watches, is a winder necessary?
    Personally, I don't use one. I just see to it na nagagamit ko ung mga watches ko para hindi mag stuck-up.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    so practically, i don't need a winder even if i use my watch just once a week?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    It depends on your watch. If your watch has a complication such as an annual calendar or a perpetual calendar, then a winder is recommended as readjusting it can be quite a time consuming exercise. If your watch has a date or day function, you can still use a winder but you'd have to adjust it as it doesn't compensate for the shorter months (those that end in 30 & February) but it definitely is not necessary as adjusting it is not hard at all. A watch only needs to be used once or twice a month to ensure that all the gears are moving. Like a car, it needs PMS as well! Once every 5 years isn't bad. After a 5-year period, the oil might have gummed up and the gaskets might need replacing to ensure water resistance so having it thoroughly checked is highly recommended.
    thanks for the input

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sorry, cant relate too much as I am not into watches but what is the usual reason/s for buying expensive watches? Is it more of an investment?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    I do not consider my pieces as "investments". I'm far from being a connoisseur, more of an enthusiast. I think it all began when I was in grade school, from Swatches to Tag Heuer (HS, and after college), Omega and now that I'm older, Breitling. I also keep my watches and plan to pass it on to my daughter at some point, I've tried to pass on an old Technomarine Cruise Chrono to her and she wasn't interested at all. She has two self winding Seiko's from grandpa, never wears them. So I don't see them as 'investments'..probably an heirloom (My watches from when I was younger were given to me by my dad).

As far as watch winders, I've considered getting some since now I have three 3 self winding pieces (just added another one to my collection a few days ago) ;)
    but I just end up winding them every few days.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    question: what is it with technomarine and why it is so expensive? its just a ordinary quartz diba?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    question: what is it with technomarine and why it is so expensive? its just a ordinary quartz diba?
    Technomarine has automatics too but their line-up is predominantly made up of quartz watches using a Japanese Miyota movement. Miyota is a movement manufacturer under the Citizen group. It is expensive due to its aggressive marketing campaigns utilising endorsers and media. I think their products have reached their price equilibrium whereas other brands such as Oris, Tag Heuer, Rolex, Panerai and many more have been steadily increasing their prices.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Technomarine has automatics too but their line-up is predominantly made up of quartz watches using a Japanese Miyota movement. Miyota is a movement manufacturer under the Citizen group. It is expensive due to its aggressive marketing campaigns utilising endorsers and media. I think their products have reached their price equilibrium whereas other brands such as Oris, Tag Heuer, Rolex, Panerai and many more have been steadily increasing their prices.

Right on sir. Kaya ung Tag eh mahal din when you compared it with Oris. Tingin ko, same level lasn sila imo.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Luminox blackout chronos
    Tag link caliber 6
    Protrek
    Victorinox chronograph
    G-shock

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]