New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 112 of 678 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    A rolex is a sure investment (if want to call it that). Use it for a decade, the price would be higher than your purchase price if you decide to sell it. Usually even after 15 to 20 years halos hindi magiiba itsura ng rolex. Tapos pataas ng pataas yung price.

Yung iba naman precision addict kaya they get the most accurate movement that usually translate to higher price. Iba naman just the name is enough for them to pick up the watch.

Different reasons for every collector.
    Last edited by [archie]; September 2nd, 2013 at 09:32 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Sorry, cant relate too much as I am not into watches but what is the usual reason/s for buying expensive watches? Is it more of an investment?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    you can say it is an investment. high end watches (read: expensive) tend to last for a very long time and prices of some models do appreciate over time

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENMasterTYL View Post
    you can say it is an investment. high end watches (read: expensive) tend to last for a very long time and prices of some models do appreciate over time
    Thanks bro. Guess it is similar to women buying "high end" jewelries.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Sorry, cant relate too much as I am not into watches but what is the usual reason/s for buying expensive watches? Is it more of an investment?

Buying watches as an investment is not really a good idea. You will always lose money if you factor in the time value of money and inflation.

I personally buy watches because I appreciate them aesthetically as well as the craftsmanship involved in making a timepiece that will most likely outlive me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Protrek prg-130-y-1 traveling abroad
    Luminox blackout chronograph everyday use

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Personally, I love watches. I don't consider it as an investment since im not selling nor renting it and wala naman akong roi.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    for those who have self-winding mech watches, is a winder necessary?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    for me a big yes. i have 3 self winding watch and i usually use each of those once or twice a week, so adjusting the time every time you want to use it will suck.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    It depends on your watch. If your watch has a complication such as an annual calendar or a perpetual calendar, then a winder is recommended as readjusting it can be quite a time consuming exercise. If your watch has a date or day function, you can still use a winder but you'd have to adjust it as it doesn't compensate for the shorter months (those that end in 30 & February) but it definitely is not necessary as adjusting it is not hard at all. A watch only needs to be used once or twice a month to ensure that all the gears are moving. Like a car, it needs PMS as well! Once every 5 years isn't bad. After a 5-year period, the oil might have gummed up and the gaskets might need replacing to ensure water resistance so having it thoroughly checked is highly recommended.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]