New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 98 of 678 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Yes, the models with chronograph function tend to be more pricey. Yeah, I agree with Tag, Oris, or a Rado even.

Anybody in here own a Graham?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    TW Steel for me is a homage brand. It copies design elements from Panerai

Sounds very made in china ..
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 24th, 2013 at 03:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Yes, the models with chronograph function tend to be more pricey. Yeah, I agree with Tag, Oris, or a Rado even.

Anybody in here own a Graham?
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Sounds very made in china ..
    I used to own a Graham when I was enamoured with the products that the British Masters put out but now I see Graham as novelty watches albeit expensive novelty watches.

I had my earlier post deleted. I said that TW Steel copies design elements from Panerai and Audemars Piguet most notably the Royal Oak Offshore.

Oris is a good reliable watch but they have been steadily raising their prices. The offerings from Certina, Hamilton, Mido and Tissot are good. A step up would be the watches from Frederique Constant, Maurice Lacroix and Longines. If you want a good cheap COSC standard watch, then the Tissot Chronometre makes for an excellent value-for-money watch purchase.

Personally, I love Seiko. Here's what I'm wearing today.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011

If TW Steel watches looks close to Panerai, Certina looks similar to a Rolex.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post

If TW Steel watches looks close to Panerai, Certina looks similar to a Rolex.
    The bezel style, the hands plus the crown guards make it a bit different. Certina is made by the Swatch group so you can be sure it'd be reliable and can be easily serviced as parts would be plenty.

I think almost all diver's watches bear an uncanny resemblance to Rolex's submariner when seen from a distance. I prefer the models without the date cyclops though.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I used to own a Graham when I was enamoured with the products that the British Masters put out but now I see Graham as novelty watches albeit expensive novelty watches.
    Which Graham model, if you don't mind me asking. Hehe, yes its expensive, kaya hanggang tingin lang ako for the meantime.

Re: Swatch. IIRC, several swiss brands are under the Swatch group, Omega, Tissot, Rado, Blancpain, to name a few.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 24th, 2013 at 06:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    The bezel style, the hands plus the crown guards make it a bit different. Certina is made by the Swatch group so you can be sure it'd be reliable and can be easily serviced as parts would be plenty.

I think almost all diver's watches bear an uncanny resemblance to Rolex's submariner when seen from a distance. I prefer the models without the date cyclops though.

I think this could be an alternative for those who can't afford to buy a submariner.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Steinhart makes great looking Sub-inspired watches.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    I think this could be an alternative for those who can't afford to buy a submariner.
    I think one of the closest homages to the Rolex Submariner is the Steinhart Ocean 1. The Mercedes hands, date cyclops, bezel and oyster bracelet make this almost like a clone.

Lowslowbenz, my Graham was the Chronofighter ranger. It's the one that has a crown guard that looks like a grenade pin.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Is steinhart locally available? Haven't notice that brand of watch whenever i vist time trend or washington.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]