New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 71 of 678 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ito gustong gusto ko na g-shock kaso wala ako mahanap. panay online ko nakikita kaso ayaw ko bumili online kasi gusto ko makita kung bagay sakin.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Hahaha,- I am actually looking at the same model at amazon now...

11.1K:transform:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    balitaan mo ko bro pag bumili ka, kasi baka masyadong malaki di bumagay sakin payat kasi ako.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

So, it's just the raw signal from Japan (and China) that reaches at least Metro Manila, from your account? No special tooling nor repeater for them? What is with the G-Shock Alliance?

Whew! Time to buy that variant of the G-Shock. I've been mulling about that for years.....
    Yes, raw signal na yung umaabot sa Pilipinas from China and Japan. No need for repeaters and such. What I do is place the watch by the window every night with the 12 o'clock position facing north, which I estimate is the approximate location of the transmitters relative to the Philippines. Pag gising ko sa umaga, check the watch, presto! Synchronized na.

Marami na ngayong G-Shock models na may atomic timekeeping, and they also have non-atomic versions of those models for regions which are still out of atomic signal range, such as the Middle East. Medyo luma na nga yung Wave Ceptor eh, the latest atomic watches are Multiband 6. And it's not just limited to G-Shocks; Casio's Protrek and Oceanus models also come with radio timekeeping now.

If you have a Multiply account, there's a local seller there who can get you an atomic G-Shock via their US contacts, as long as that item is available on Amazon.

"G-Shock Alliance" is just a name I thought up, doesn't really have a formal name, hehe. It's more like a loose group of Pinoy G-Shock owners and fans, merong naka-base dito, meron din namang based abroad. But we're just a small part of a larger international community of G-Shock enthusiasts. One of our European members has more than 800 G-Shocks in his collection, both classic models and latest ones.

Here are the G-Shocks I currently own --

DW-9051:

G-9200 Riseman:

G-9100 Gulfman:

G-9000MC-8 camo gray Mudman:

GW-5600J, ang nag-iisa kong atomic model:

Last edited by Bogeyman; November 5th, 2010 at 11:52 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hopefully someday, I get to have this as well:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tissot

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Fossil po ang relo ko now

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    >Casio G-Shock (world time)
    >Casio Pro-Trek
    >Seiko Chrono
    >Tag Heuer (Formula 1)

wishlist

haayzz...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a 20 year old, non-y2k compliant watch (first gen Citizen Wingman). It is my only underwater watch, now running on its 4th battery and 2nd strap.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    fossil chrono ang yoyo ko..black yung face and orange yung strap

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]