New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 70 of 678 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    At first i was dreaming of getting a rolex pag yumaman ako...pero di talaga babagay sa personality ko since usually pang harabas ang mga gusto ko.

i have 3 casio that serves me well up to this day

1. Tough solar Casio dress watch with metal band, bought at 2k with my 1st salary and still going up to this date, 6 years old na...i usually wear it with my formal to smart casual office attire.

2. Casio protrek-tough solar series bought at 15k, still alive and kicking, 5 years old na....wear it when i want it, bagay kahit outdoor or office..pero pag mga outdoor activities and roadtrips eto talaga suot ko dahil sa compass.

3. G-shock mudman series (olive drab), bought at 6k...3 years old, nakapagpalit na ng strap dahil acidic ako but the watch itself seems to be indestructible sabi nung SA saken dati battery is usually good for 2 years but up to now di pa ko nagpapalit battery. Talagang gamit na gamit ang pagka gshock nya, pinang aairsoft ko tinamaan na ng bb running at 450fps di tinablan...akala ko nun marketing hype lang yung mga video ng torture test ng gshock sa website nila, based on experience...totoo nga!

*Lately hinahaunt ako ng bagong relo na nakita ko sa time depot...akala ko nun pag di ko na sya nakikita matatahimik na ko, pero mali! ngayon hanggang panaginip kunukulit na nya ko..ang pangalan nya...LUMINOX.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shiopz View Post
    3. G-shock mudman series (olive drab), bought at 6k...3 years old, nakapagpalit na ng strap dahil acidic ako but the watch itself seems to be indestructible sabi nung SA saken dati battery is usually good for 2 years but up to now di pa ko nagpapalit battery. Talagang gamit na gamit ang pagka gshock nya, pinang aairsoft ko tinamaan na ng bb running at 450fps di tinablan...akala ko nun marketing hype lang yung mga video ng torture test ng gshock sa website nila, based on experience...totoo nga!
    You better believe it, it's not just marketing, talagang matibay ang G-Shock. WALANG BINATBAT ang Timex (and I'm speaking from experience), especially in terms of build quality. Meron din akong Mudman (camo gray) plus four other G-Shocks, two of them solar-powered, one with atomic timekeeping.

Regarding battery life, Casio tends to be pretty conservative with their estimates. Yung isa kong G-Shock, 2 years ang rated battery life, pero 7 years na bago manghina yung display. If you don't use certain features often, such as the alarm and backlight, pwede mo pang patagalin lalo yung battery.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 3rd, 2010 at 12:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Matibay naman ang Timex. One model, the Stealth lasted me from college to post-grad. From post-grad I started using an Ironman. Yun nga lang yung strap ang palaging napuputol tapos yung kulay nya madaling matanggal. Both the ironman and stealth are still working when I gave them away, pangit na nga lang sila parehong tingnan dahil tanggal-tanggal na yung mga lettering sa labas at kulay.

The watch I use daily today is Wenger and the one I reserve for special occasiona is a G-shock (forgot the model, pero they're the stainless steel, square ones).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My timex lasted me 2 years only and when they retired they were really beat up and non functional (worn out strap and yung metal casing nya ata hindi stainless talaga since ang bilis mag corrode ng back casing) while my casio timepieces as stated earlier outlasted timex and even up to now shows no sign of stopping.

Bilib at aliw lang din talaga ko sa tough solar technology ng casio na ginagaya na rin ngayon ng ibang watch manufacturers (i know citizen adopted solar tech na rin, timex gumaya na din).

Uses ambient light to power the watch and recharge the battery and in the absence of light thats the time it uses the battery charge...Only that tough solar batteries are pricey compared to regular watches since its solar charging (according to the SA i talked to).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    G-shock

kapag nasa c.r. lang saka ko inaalis

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yung guess waterpro steel ko since 1999 hanggang ngayon ok pa.. alaga lang sa palit nang battery every 2 yrs siguro..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I can buy Casio's tough solar technology (I have 2 GShocks with tough solar features) and two of our kids have Casio tough solar watches, too.....

But, atomic timekeeping here in the Philippines? I understand that its limited only in Northern America, Europe, China and Japan now.... Maybe, later...

11.1K:transform:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    But, atomic timekeeping here in the Philippines? I understand that its limited only in Northern America, Europe, China and Japan now.... Maybe, later...
    You obviously haven't heard of the Pinoy G-Shock Alliance.

My Wave Ceptor G-Shock can receive the Japan signals practically every night, and I live in Antipolo, a hilly area which is supposed to make signal reception more difficult. I know of at least one Wave Ceptor owner who can receive the Japan signals in QC (North Triangle area) and another one with a Riseman Multi Band 6 who can receive the signals in Cebu. So it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that the China signal reaches our shores as well. The timekeeping difference here is less than a second from the source, due to the relatively longer distance that the wave has to travel from the transmitter. Still impressive nonetheless.

Besides, the atomic signals from Japan and China are known to reach as far as Australia.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 4th, 2010 at 11:13 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Thanks for that valuable information bro.

So, it's just the raw signal from Japan (and China) that reaches at least Metro Manila, from your account? No special tooling nor repeater for them? What is with the G-Shock Alliance?

Whew! Time to buy that variant of the G-Shock. I've been mulling about that for years.....

Thanks again bro. Bogeyman.....

11.1K:transform:

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]