New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Here's one brand we never went back to from trauma of their early version failures due to hard water. Units had the tendency to burst & leak, & it wasn't an IF but WHEN thing. I'd assume they should be better now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what's a basic water filter?
    physical sieve-type filter,
    or ion exchange filter?
    Ion exchange water softener, doc....Like what hospitals, labs & hotels use. Salt as consumable....if you wanna turn hard water soft.
    I know of a no-maintenance catalytic scale preventive system from europe. Tested for decades & Euro bldg regulations compliant. It's the go-to for commercial & shipping usage. Available now for residential applications, too.
    It doesn't do ion-exchange nor reduce hardness, but turns calcium bicarbonate into smoother surface argonite crystals.....makes the precipitate flow freer w/ the water in the plumbing system, making em less likely to stick & accumulate inside pipes, fixtures. On bathroom tiles/glass/shower cutains, argonite crytal water stains & scum are easier to clean, too. Again, not softening(you won't have soap/detergent savings). Just no consumables(not even power) & no maintenance. Sadly on the pricey side, no China version sightings, yet. 1 time cost tho.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Ok ba Panasonic DH-3JL2 single point? what if mahina water pressure paminsan? ok lang kaya?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iandvo View Post
    Ok ba Panasonic DH-3JL2 single point? what if mahina water pressure paminsan? ok lang kaya?
    my generic answer is,
    "find out what their cut-off pressure is."
    in our non-panasonic heater, nawawala ang init function kapag mahina ang water pressure. our pressure tank gives us at least 40 psi, and our heater does not shut down at that psi. nawawala ang heater function, when someone turns off the water pump. heh heh.
    i believe most of these heaters have cut-off pressures, lower than which and the heater shuts down. water will still flow, but it won't be hot. find out what your lower water pressure is, and compare with the heater's cut-off value.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 30th, 2020 at 09:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iandvo View Post
    Spec sheet says it can work between 1.4 to 55 psi. But really, you probably need at least 8-10 psi to enjoy your shower.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Can anyone recommend a good telephone shower head replacement? I thought my heater conked out last night, yung shower head pala problema. Too much lime deposits na ata, I tried cleaning it already but it didn't make too much difference.

My heater is an old Panasonic. Standard naman the hose? Our all around won't be back until next month, I hope I can install it myself. I browsed at shoppee, nakakaduda ata sobrang mura. I want something that will last a long time (and with different spray settings)

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good telephone shower head replacement? I thought my heater conked out last night, yung shower head pala problema. Too much lime deposits na ata, I tried cleaning it already but it didn't make too much difference.

My heater is an old Panasonic. Standard naman the hose? Our all around won't be back until next month, I hope I can install it myself. I browsed at shoppee, nakakaduda ata sobrang mura. I want something that will last a long time (and with different spray settings)
    yes. shower heads use the same size ng hose.

I suggest na pumunta ka na lang sa mall and ask for help there.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

our water pressure is on the low end.
    as such, i went the gamut of various heads. i still have my collection here at home.
    so what suited me best? it was the cheapest one! plain monochrome plastic, with non-adjustable hole pattern.

madame,
    someone recommends completely immersing your shower head in vinegar, to clean the blocking deposits.
    overnight. longer if heavy deposits.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    yes. shower heads use the same size ng hose.

I suggest na pumunta ka na lang sa mall and ask for help there.
    I plan to go to Ace or Wilcon pero would be nice if I had an idea of what is a good brand
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    our water pressure is on the low end.
    as such, i went the gamut of various heads. i still have my collection here at home.
    so what suited me best? it was the cheapest one! plain monochrome plastic, with non-adjustable hole pattern.

madame,
    someone recommends completely immersing your shower head in vinegar, to clean the blocking deposits.
    overnight. longer if heavy deposits.
    Where did you buy doc? Hindi din consistent water pressure samin, so does that mean I need to get the cheapest plastic?

I already did the vinegar DIY and it didn't work

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Lotsa pressure-boosting heads now. Treat them disposable. Grohe, Kohler, their easy-clean rubber tipped nozzles might be superior to hobo generic ones, but they still won't stand up to deposits, esp in regions w/ very hard water.
    The name brand heads we had, which came w/ the valves, are long gone. The no-brand ones are working just as well. With the latter, I now can afford to keep spares. What I won't suggest cheaping out on are the shower valves.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app