New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I suggest that the water heater should be grounded. Had that experience before that there was no grounding and I could feel a tingling sensation when the water hit the skin. Mas masakit kapag ung head ng weenie ang tatamaan ng tubig. It might cause sterility in the long run. Water heater for ShowersWater heater for ShowersWater heater for Showers

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dreamur; February 17th, 2020 at 01:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Can I just use a GFCI outlet instead?
    Yes with good earth grounding. Scrap everything else except the earth grounding. I won't gamble using heater without proper grounding, i've heared enough stories of oldies getting hearth attack because of improperly installed instant heaters.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Okay, thanks guys!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Sir Travs, all of my outlets are universal 3 prong and have ground wires, of all outlets, the electrician had to miss this one
    I know this may be too late a suggestion, but could be an option for future planned projects....Where possible, we usually propose to mount multi-point storage heaters close to baths & kitchens along the exterior(instead of in-bath), element-sheltered walls away from human traffic/public view. Maintenance access will be hassle-free. A favor homeowners always appreciate later.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^Multipoint are usually installed like that, inside laundry closet together with the entrance plumbing and sewer.

For old houses without provision for 20A heater wires and HVAC motors, there's no other way than to lay-out or upgrade the wires and breakers, then utilise the existing shower plumbing.

Most single points need to be accessed to regulate temp, unlike multis that usually plumbed for mixing hot/cold water.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Multipoint are usually installed like that, inside laundry closet together with the entrance plumbing and sewer.
    Yup, but it has been a while since we've done centralized heaters, as you may have meant, on residences. Those small capacity storage heaters like the 1 shown is for single bath or in some cases shared by 2 adjacent baths. Where possible, the heater is mounted on the exterior of the served bathrooms. Servicing/swapping the element, thermostat, or the heater itself can be messy....best accessed & done outside.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The multi-point at home is placed under the sink behind the cabinet I have to remove the drawers to access it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    The multi-point at home is placed under the sink behind the cabinet I have to remove the drawers to access it.

Have seen heaters get blown by pressures too high(happens when main pressure regulators die) on non-peak hours in a subdivision w/ reservoirs up the mountaintops(their main pressure head can go 200ish psi unregulated in some areas). Imagine the mess.Water heater for Showers

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Have seen heaters get blown by pressures too high(happens when main pressure regulators die) on non-peak hours in a subdivision w/ reservoirs up the mountaintops(their main pressure head can go 200ish psi unregulated in some areas). Imagine the mess.Water heater for Showers

Indeed!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post

Reviving this thread. Sir, would you recommend to use the PPR pipes (white) for all the house piping system or the blue ones will do for most and just use the PPR for those which will be used for hot and cold water?

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tsikot Forums mobile app