New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post

Well, nVidia was always the smart one just like MS. They try to lure and lock developers in.

I'm usually a conservative guy. So normally, I'd go with the "safe" choices such as MS, Intel, and nVidia. Beats me why I have a tree-hugger's pc. Then again, half of my total computer experience were either Commodore Amigas or Macs.

What'd you do to improve frame rates? I can see Area 3 will be pretty irritating to you. He He.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 25th, 2009 at 12:26 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    Thanks, I tried it, Opengl is still uncheckable in AE... no openGl videocard found.

3d special effect will be slower...

my main problem is with particle illussion. though I can make it run if I disable opengl. it is slower and image is not so crisp.
    I installed the trial version of Adobe After Effects CS4.

It seems like my 5770 is supported just fine.....

I also have the Catalyst 9.12 drivers for Win 7 64-bit that came out about what, a week ago?
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 25th, 2009 at 01:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I re-installed my ae cs4 and open gl is fine now. =)

but my particle illusion doesn't export render despite un-install reinstall. =( preview and project works fine though.

using 9.12

also pauses on Call of Duty 5 printscreen. but I notice it also includes the mouse. I would assume it used software thingy, not directx thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    What'd you do to improve frame rates? I can see Area 3 will be pretty irritating to you. He He.
    oh, it's not my rig. =)
    Last edited by rion; December 26th, 2009 at 02:24 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm not well-versed with OpenGL besides it's early use in games and 3-D demos. Which feature of OpenGL does particle illusion fall under?

AMD says the Catalyst 9.12 supports OpenGL 3.2. I guess it supports some but not all features:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    not really sure what opengl it falls to. I have my other rig running with x1650pro under winxp. same problem. it uses up to opengl from 1 to 2.1

while my 4850 from opengl 3.0-3.2

atleast via rendering software is not that slow anymore on the 4850.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It just occurred to me that Windows Live Movie Maker supports ATI Stream and nVidia CUDA.

All this video clips have been piling up really fast.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Video Editor With Video Transcoding Via GPU