New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Verzio, a regional 3C (computing, communications, consumer electronics) brand head-quartered in Singapore, is launching Duplii – the world's first 3G tri-band, dual-SIM handset in the Philippines.

Its other model, Twinn is the world's first EDGE / E-GPRS tri-band dual SIM handset.

Equipped with 3G and tri-band capabilities, the Duplii enables video calls and conferencing, high-speed data access and multimedia streaming, allowing anyone to roam around the world even in countries such as the United States and Japan.

Duplii also boasts having the combination of QualComm and Philips NXP processors, which are long-life platforms designed for minimal power consumption.

It comes with an FM radio and a two-megapixel camera, contrary to usual interpolated lens sensors. The handset is further capable of PC Sync, allowing full data synchronization, including contacts.

Besides its EDGE / E-GPRS and tri-band features, the Twinn is the first dual-SIM slider phone in the market. It is also compact in size and offers touch-screen functionality. It has a 1.3-megapixel camera, and uses a Philips NXP processor. Chris Uyco, vice president and general manager of Haldane Phils., said Verzio handset users can now enjoy the convenience of transferring their complete contact list via PC Sync or “send / receive all contacts” via Bluetooth.

Both models can each contain 1,000 names and up to 3,000 numbers.

Haldane Phils. is the authorized distributor of Verzio products, along with O2, Sony Ericsson, Canon, BenQ and Siemens, in the Philippines.

Duplii and Twinn models come from the same manufacturer of the top two mobile phone brands. Likewise, both are registered with the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC).

After-sales support will be provided by Haldane Phils. and Stanmore Distributions, a Sony distributor in the Philippines.
    Verzio is the first regional 3C brand with majority interests owned by a Filipino holdings company.

*Philippine Daily Inquirer (November 19, 2007 - B11)

*Philippine Star (November 17, 2007 - B-7)

Twinn (Left), Duplii (Right)

Duplii SRP PHP 15,000.00
    3G Tri-Band Dual SIM Phone
    Candybar design
    Simultaneous dual SIM standby
    Bluetooth 2.0
    Data transfer via USB
    3G video conference and calls
    FM Radio
    2.0MP camera
    microSD expandable memory
    Available in metal black

Twinn SRP PHP 12,000.00
    Triband EDGE Dual SIM Phone
    EDGE connectivity
    Slider design
    Bluetooth
    Touch screen with stylus
    microSD expandable memory
    1.3MP camera
    Available in Racer Black

The fact that more and more pinoys are using two sim card on two separate cellphones... a dual sim phone (which work simultaneously) will become very handy...

Although dual sim china phones and tv phones are already sold here in the philippines... i think verzio phones are better in terms of warranty (i assume it is bundled already)

Sana may lumabas na dual sim/dual network phone na 3g capable na at wifi capable na din

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO at a P5000 difference for a 3G capability (which I don't use naman) from a myphone T22... I'll still chose the T22. Unless gawin mura ang 3G hindi siguro magkiklick pa un.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hm... for me, it'll depend on the UI and ergonomics of the phone. Previously very interested in a T22. When I finally had the opportunity to tinker with one, I found button layout and the implementation of the touch interface to be too confusing and hard to use.

For those reasons, I'm not recommending the current MyPhone T22... hopefully, Verzio could do better.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Anyone knows whether these phones are out in the market now? If yes, would you know where they are being sold? I've been waiting for a dual sim 3G phone for some time and want to check these devices out.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    myphone T22 is available na locally at almost all major cellphone stores... pero tama si Stoner medyo awkward yung keypads...feel ko magfiflip out of my hands pag nag onehand texting ka.

yung verzio hindi ko pa nakita sa market yan

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    *mr_incredible
    The dual sim phones will be released this december 2008.

The prices for them are as follows:
    • Duplii - SRP Php14,990
    • Twinn - SRP Php11,990
    Check out www.verzioworld.com

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoysurfer2007 View Post
    *mr_incredible
    The dual sim phones will be released this december 2008.

The prices for them are as follows:
    • Duplii - SRP Php14,990
    • Twinn - SRP Php11,990
    Check out www.verzioworld.com
    December 2008???

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    *pinoysurfer2007

thanks for the info and link

*boybi

typo ata yun. baka he meant 2007.

it would be unusual for them to launch the product this month and not release it after more than a year

Verzio bares first 3G dual-SIM phone in RP