New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A couple more ideas:

-audio listening system through laser reflection.

Theory: you can listen to sounds and conversation in a closed room by reflecting a laser beam on a window and converting the reflected light into sound by electronics.

Problem: you will need a sensitive light sensor to act as receiver.

-Auto Guided Vehicle (AGV)

Theory: using sensors, an unpiloted vehicle with move from point "A" to point "B" and back using only onboard sensors.

Idea: this is basically a simplified version of the AGV robots used in industry to move items from production workstation to production workstation. I also built a few robots of this type back in college (more complex due to requirement of programability). The vehicle will follow a strip of reflective tape on the floor. The tape will be in a form of a closed loop. There will be two stop points along the loop to be designated as point "A" & "B".

How to do it: simple... Use two 4-wheel-drive toy cars to be the chassis 7 drive system of the vehicle. On the left side toy car, remove the right side wheels. On the right side car, remove the left side wheels. Attach them together and they will form a crude four wheel vehicle with basic steering by either powering the left or right side to turn and powering both cars to go forward.

Sensors and electronics: ALEXAN has a light sensor kit being sold. You'll need three sensors (left, right and stop). You'll also need three flashlights as light emitters.

-Long Distance Direction Transmission of Sound

Theory: using laser, transmit sound to a receiver.

Practical use: long distance line-of-sight communication without potential of interception

Hardware: Audio to laser converter and laser receiver to sound converter.

See if those interest you. I can explain the gaps in the info later if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 15th, 2009 at 08:43 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir GH, emergency po! ni-reject ni mam yung proposal namin (na in-approve naman nya nung una) sa di malamang dahilan, meron ata. at kelangan namin ng bagong proposal. parang magganda yung AGV pero sa pagkakaalam ko yung principle nun eh na-apply na ng Lexus sa ilang kotse nila(correct me if im wrong). kelangan kasi eh orig(or at least wala sa internet) yung idea.

sa mga na-suggest mu earlier, alin ba dun yung orig? parang maganda yung hydrolic na arm, please explain that further.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by angbatangobong View Post
    sa mga na-suggest mu earlier, alin ba dun yung orig? parang maganda yung hydrolic na arm, please explain that further.
    It will just demonstrate the principles of hydraulics with cheap syringes.

Basics, if you fill two syringes halfway with water and connect the two with a water filled tube (no air), if you press on the plunger of one syringe, the other syringe will move backward (extending the length).

In that idea, you can make an arm with claw which will use the syringes to move and those syringes will lead to either a set of levers to move the arm or a frame which is strapped on your arm to make the 2nd arm mimic your movement.

Another possible project is a power amplification frame. The concept is it is a mechanical frame with motors linked to its joints that a person wears. It will copy the operator's movements and add power to the movement. So if you push with 20 pounds of force, the device will add 200 pounds of more force. As a whole, it can help lift and move heavy objects.

As your school project, you may just make an arm frame. You can use a wiper motor as the actuator. A pair of limit-switches would make the motor move slow or fast in a certain direction.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Basics, if you fill two syringes halfway with water and connect the two with a water filled tube (no air), if you press on the plunger of one syringe, the other syringe will move backward (extending the length).

In that idea, you can make an arm with claw which will use the syringes to move and those syringes will lead to either a set of levers to move the arm or a frame which is strapped on your arm to make the 2nd arm mimic your movement.

Another possible project is a power amplification frame. The concept is it is a mechanical frame with motors linked to its joints that a person wears. It will copy the operator's movements and add power to the movement. So if you push with 20 pounds of force, the device will add 200 pounds of more force. As a whole, it can help lift and move heavy objects.

As your school project, you may just make an arm frame. You can use a wiper motor as the actuator. A pair of limit-switches would make the motor move slow or fast in a certain direction.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Tried making this back in high school.

Magnetic levitation train or a model to demo it. Difficult to space the magnets properly. Requires precision placement and good quality magnets as well. Toy magnets tend to vary in the "gauss" value.

Electro-magnets also generate LOTS of heat (maybe because I was too ambitious to making powerful ones). I made a few test sets of electromagnets to see how much heat and power I would require and what cooling can be used. I ended up with a lot of melted coils of wire. Even using the coils underwater didn't stop the coils from overheating.

What kinda scale were you thinking GH? Im thinking malaki lang ng konti sa hot wheels and maybe a battery-magnet!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    What kinda scale were you thinking GH? Im thinking malaki lang ng konti sa hot wheels and maybe a battery-magnet!
    At the time, I was thinking of levitating a 12 inch by 12 inch platform.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

Ok sir, thanks again.

kaya lang application of knowledge yung gagawin namin at hindi po demonstrating the principles of an existing knowledge, so parang mag- iinvent kami. parang hindi pala kasi appropriate yung hydraulic joints.

I just researched about the van de graaf generator. parang magandang i-project yon at madali lang naman mag-improvise. generating electricity using man power. sirang bisikleta lang o ano mang blahblah ang magpapaikot sa generator. what do you think?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just researched about the van de graaf generator. parang magandang i-project yon at madali lang naman mag-improvise. generating electricity using man power. sirang bisikleta lang o ano mang blahblah ang magpapaikot sa generator. what do you think?
    static electricity generator. If that would pass through your teacher. But it's not as easy as you might think.

kaya lang application of knowledge yung gagawin namin at hindi po demonstrating the principles of an existing knowledge, so parang mag- iinvent kami. parang hindi pala kasi appropriate yung hydraulic joints.
    well, invention doesn't require you to develop a whole new science. All you need to do is apply existing technology in a different way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
turbo na aircon?